The Present Time

She's My Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How do you feel after losing your love ones twice? Are you suffering? In pain? Or just numb? Remember, this is your second life. If you didn't pass the test, you soul will suffer more in the next one but thankfully you did the right thing, Moon Byulyi. It seems your soulmate also successfully passed hers. She was able to forgive the person who betrayed her and gave love a second chance. 

Love is important but it's bound to break easily without selflessness and forgiveness. The two of you now gained what you didn't have before. I hope you can learn from this experience and cherish love like there's no tomorrow. Therefore, your thread of fate will be tied for eternity and no power in this world could break it, only death will. Now the world you once knew will no longer exist because of what your souls chose in the previous life, things will be different from now on. Good luck. 

 

Moonbyul opened her eyes and there's a bright light hurting her eyes above her. She felt like she just woke up from a long and deep sleep. She's blinking a couple of times and finally realized she was in a hospital room. What happened? She could only remember the last scene in her dream before waking up, which she was passing out outside the Korean National Museum. 

She got up to see the view outside the window and saw her own reflection. Her hair was blonde but had different shade and more yellowish than the one she had in the dream. She was touching her face and at that moment, someone knocked on the door. Hwasa and Wheein entered with a fruit basket and flower bouquets from their juniors. They looked different from themselves from the dream, both had long black hair and looked about the same age. Moonbyul felt like she already knew about it but she also felt strange. 

"Unnie!" Wheein hugged the rapper, "Thank god you're awake! We were so worried!"

"What happened?" Moonbyul hugged back the younger woman.

"You passed out after the soccer practice," Hwasa replied as she's putting down the fruit basket, "You pushed yourself too hard, Unnie. After your solo comeback, you should've take it easy and get some rest."

"Solo comeback?" In Moonbyul's mind, a memory of her becoming the youngest soccer player for Top Girl FC suddenly appeared like a video was being played and next, a memory of her latest comeback with a mini album, Cheese in The Trap. Moonbyul just nodded, "Ah... Right..."

"You should go back to bed or Yong Unnie will scold you again."

The black haired rapper walked back to bed, "Yong... Unnie?"

"Moonbyul-ssi," A woman with long brown haired was standing by the door with her arms folded on her chest, "What do you think you're doing? You should rest instead of walking around!"

Moonbyul froze and her heart was beating like crazy. The person she loved the most was standing there in front of her, she just wanted to embrace the princess who had the same attitude and talked like Sunny. The rapper's voice was caught in , "Y- Yong... Sun..."

"IC... At least you should still call me 'Unnie' in front of the kids," Mamamoo's leader came in and put her purse on the bed.

The two women shared a knowing smile as if they just found each other again after a long time. Because the older women kept staring at each other with heart eyes, Wheein cleared and dragged her best friend outside, "I think that's our cue to leave."

"But Wheein-ah, I want to eat banana," Hwasa took the yellow fruit from the basket quickly before her friend since childhood closed the door.

 

Yongsun walked closer to the bed and sat on the chair, "How are you?"

"Better now that you're here."

"Aigoo..." The 31 years old leader squealed and because the cringey comment but she patted the blonde woman's hand on the bed. 

"How's the musical practice?" Moonbyul asked because she noticed the tired eyes of the other woman's, "Tough day?"

The brown haired woman leaned her head on the rapper's shoulder, "The director was in a bad mood today. Even though it wasn't my fault but I feel bad, I wish I could do better."

"Yong," The rapper caressed the leader's hair, "You did your best. There's always tomorrow."

"Ah... I don't know," Yongsun buried her face on the blonde haired woman's lap, "You will come to my debut stage, right?"

Moonbyul kept the older woman's hair and joked, "Why would I watch you kissing some men? Ugh..."

"IC!" Yongsun's head shot up and she hit Moonbyul's arm, "It's all just acting! Don't be so petty!"

"I'm petty?" The rapper scoffed, "You're the one who just hit a sick patient!"

"So you admit that you're sick?" Yongsun asked in baby voice, "Aigo, you didn't even listen to me when I told you to take a break."

"Yong, stop nagging and can you just hug me already?" The rapper was sulking, "You're so busy with the musical and we barely met."

The leader moved up to sit on the bed and embraced the woman who was a year younger than her, "I miss you too," After they hugged, Yongsun said, "Oh, Byul-ah! I had a strange dream last night."

"Oh? What is it about?"

"I was a princess in Goryeo Dynasty and you're my maid! Hahaha I always knew you're my servant!"

"Thank god it's only in your dream! I'd rather die than serving you as a maid," The rapper joked and tilted her head, "That's weird. I think I had a similar dream. In mine, you went to the future and met..."

"Another you," Yongsun finished the other woman's sentence, "You were a CEO tried to save RBW from bankruptcy."

Moonbyul gasped, "What is happening? We had a same dream?"

"Maybe? I don't know. I was sent back to the past and I continued living with the maid. I mean the previous you. We traveled from town to town and I had this gayageum I carried around like it's the most precious thing to me."

The rapper listened intently with a smile because her dream ended when she left the museum and it's her first time hearing Yongsun's part of the dream. She laughed and said, "Ah... I wish it was all real. It's always been a dream of mine to be the CEO of my own company."

"If it's real, my stage name would be Sunny or Doremi, who knows? I love being the one and only Solar and be here with the one and only Moonstar," The leader held the rapper's hand, "You'll get there, Byul-ah. Trust me. You need to start believing in yourself like we all do. You'll be a great CEO one day."

"Ah... I don't know. I don't think I'm ready yet."

"Our contract will end next year, do you want us to continue as Mamamoo Duo?"

"That doesn't sound so bad. I mean... Hyejin has plans to leave and focus on her solo career but us... We don't know where we should go."

"I know," The leader had a sad smile, "But we always have each other. It doesn't matter how our future will be, but I know one thing for sure. My life is better when I'm with you."

The rapper suddenly had serious look on her face and said, "Yongsun-ah, I love you."

The brown haired woman stopped talking and blushed, "Byul-ah..."

"Can you just say it back already?"

Yongsun scowled, "Why so impatient? Aigo... This clingy girl... I was about to say it back but you ruined it."

"Ah, come on!"

"Fine, fine!" Yongsun moved closer and said with her low register, "I love you too, Byul-ah. Happy?"

The rapper smiled so bright and nodded, "Yes. Oh, Yong. Can you feed me apple? I'm hungry."

"Why don't you eat it yourself?" The leader put the red apple on her long time girlfriend's hand but Moonbyul stared at her with puppy eyes. She shook her head, "Aigooo... You're no different from Yongkeey."

Yongsun complained but she did it anyway like always. She cut the apple into small pieces and fed them to her younger girlfriend. Moonbyul loved being babied by the older woman and she replied, "Thank you, Yong."

"What would you do without me?"

 

Outside the room, Wheein was replying a chat from the CEO of her new agency, Ravi about a collab they would do together then when she turned around, she found Hwasa was crouching in heels and eating banana. She said, "Ya, Hyejin-ah! You're the pride of Jeonju! Why are you eating like that? There's literally a bench next to you."

The woman with long nails turned her head and laughed, "Ah hahahaha! I didn't see," Then she moved to the bench leasurely and pulled her best friend next to her, "Say aaahh, Wheein-ah."

The shorter woman took a bite of banana and frowned, "Huh."

"What's wrong?"

"I feel déjà vu. Like we did this before."

"What? I'm feeding you banana?"

"I don't know. I'm not sure," Wheein leaned to whisper, "What do you think they're doing inside right now?"

"Don't know. Maybe Yong Unnie is nagging at Byul Unnie," Hwasa finished the banana and threw the skin in the trash bin. She noticed her best friend kept looking at the phone so she asked, "You have to go?"

"Yeah... Ravi Oppa wants us to have a meeting in 2 hours. He wants me to be a featuring artist in his new song. Don't worry, I still have time to catch up with you."

Hwasa patted the shorter woman's hai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter