A Desperate and Ambitious CEO

She's My Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Seoul, year 2022]

A blonde woman with long hair in brown plaid pantsuit was walking along with a shorter woman with black bob hair wearing similar suit but in grey. They were heading to the 2nd floor of an old building and they walked with such charisma that made everyone turned their heads and watched them in awe. 

They entered a glass door with a sign, "24 hours Fortune Teller, Saju the Great," and there's a round table in the middle of the room with a middle age woman in modern colorful hanbok was sitting on the chair. She greeted, "Welcome."

The blonde woman took a seat with her legs crossed and spoke with deep, charismatic voice, "I don't believe things like this but let's get this over with." 

The woman with bob hair held the blonde's shoulder and said to the fortune teller, "Ma'am, we want you to read our fortune and luck this year."

The woman nodded and replied, "Both of you work in entertainment industry, aren't you?"

The blonde sat up, "Oh, that's right. How do you know? You can read it from your cards or crystal ball?"

The fortune teller caught the sarcastic tone in the young woman's words and replied, "My name is Saju and I am more than just crystal ball and tarot cards. I come from a family of psychics and I saw both of you on tv. CEO and Vice President of Wolseong World Entertainment. Your company is going to bankrupt by the end of this year and I bet you're coming here with a hope that you can change it."

The woman in grey suit replied with her husky voice, "That's right."

The middle age woman put her hands together on the table, "So... Who's first?"

The handsome pretty woman with blonde hair smirked, "Isn't it obvious? I'm the CEO and sitting right in front of you."

"Alright," Saju took a deep breath, "Give me your hand, tell me your name and birthday."

The blonde let the middle age woman read her palm and said, "Moon Byulyi. I'm still 29 but this year I'll turn 30, my birthday is December 22nd, 1992."

"You were born under a sky filled with bright stars. You're an ambitious one. Always seek for success, wealth and fortune."

"It's nothing wrong with that. Many people work hard for money."

"Don't interrupt me," The fortune teller glared at the blonde and continued, "You may don't realize it but something is blocking your potential, the reason why you always suffer from misfortunes and endless financial problems. Especially for the past few years. But it could change this year."

"What are you talking about?" The blonde didn't accept Saju's words about her and pulled her hand away, "You're just saying that I'm cursed and have bad luck! I'm leaving! I don't need this!"

The younger woman held her shoulder, "No, we need this! Unnie! Come on, please."

"Hyejin-ah, I don't believe in superstition! She's freaking me out!"

The fortune teller replied, "Hey, I can hear you."

The blonde inhaled and exhaled then finally apologized, "Sorry. Please continue."

The middle age woman stared at the blonde woman's face and studied it, "Your life is ruled under the moon. Hmm... You need a sun in your life. I see something shining bright, perhaps gold?"

"I don't have any. Don't even wear gold accesories."

The woman closed her eyes and whispered, "Hmm... And a dragon."

"What?"

"A dragon wrapped in gold will appear before you. If you treat it right and take a good care of it, then it will guarantee you greatness and your life will progress to the better."

Moonbyul whispered to her younger friend who was sitting next to her, "Hyejin-ah, she's talking nonsense."

The black haired woman whispered back, "Just bear it a little longer." Then said to the fortune teller, "Sorry. We didn't mean to offend you. She just have so little faith."

"You don't really need to rely on faith because your fate is already been decided. All you need is to believe and open your eyes. Ah, and also... Something may happen during eclipse this year."

"Great," Moonbyul rolled her eyes and got up, "I think we're done here," She took some money from her wallet and put it on the table, "Thank you for your time."

"Unnie! I haven't got a chance yet!" The other woman asked the fortune teller, "Miss Saju, can you at least tell me about my love life?"

"Ya! Hyejin-ah!" The blonde protested but the black haired woman ignored her.

Saju read the younger woman's palm, "You're surrounded by mars and venus. But you... Like someone younger but you're afraid it will be a one-sided love."

"Yes!" Hyejin's eyes were gleaming with hope, "What should I do? Should I confess?"

"It's up to you but... It's best for you to wait. Patience will bring good things for you."

Hyejin sighed, "Okay. Thanks."

"Your welcome," The middle age woman replied and asked to the blonde, "Hey, CEO-nim! Do you want me to read your love life as well?"

Moonbyul laughed as she's heading to the door, "I don't believe in love."

 

 

 

Months later, the 29 years old former rapper and the CEO of Wolseong World Entertainment, Moonbyul and her right hand, a 28 years old former pop singer and the Vice President, Ahn Hyejin with the stage name, Hwasa finally held auditions to search for the new star of their company. After long and tiring auditions around the big city, they had no luck finding the right person with the it factor or stood out among the others.

The company was desperate because they're in debt and the only artists who still signed with them were a 5 members band, ONEWE and a 25 years old indie singer, Wheein. They needed someone new, fresh face and versatile. 

Moonbyul got stressed and for the past few days, she always ended up drunk at the clubs and found herself in the morning with headache. She never liked being in a relationship and instead of seeking for ual pleasure, she used alcohol as an escape. Therefore, many reporters loved to paint her as an alcoholic entertainment CEO.

The blonde left the club's VIP room with messy hair and found her black sedan in the parking lot. She drank hangover pills and drove back to the company, the Vice President already waiting in her office. 

"Wow." Hwasa crossed her arms, "You still wearing yesterday's clothes. Ew. At least take a shower before work, Unnie. I still wish you would date a person instead of alcohol."

"Dating is just wasting time and money," Moonbyul sat on her chair and the computer. 

"Yeah... Same old excuse."

"Are you here to talk about my love life?" Moonbyul glared at her right hand woman, "Why are you really here anyway? You usually with Wheein for morning pilates class at this hour. Oh, speaking of her... When will you confess to her? I know you like her for years."

"Ugh fine. Fair point, I won't talk about our miserable love lives anymore," Hwasa leaned on the chair, "We cut the budget for pilates class so we no longer spend the morning together," The black haired woman was sad but then suddenly changed the subject, "Oh, guess who called this morning."

"I don't like the guessing game."

The VP rested her elbow on the chair, "You're no fun. Taeyeon sunbae called."

Hearing her favorite senior and role model, Moonbyul suddenly paid attention to Hwasa. Her head peeking out from behind the computer screen, "What did she say?"

"She would like to help with the new artist's training program and even asked BoA sunbae to join too."

"But?"

"They want us to sign the new artist as soon as possible, they only gave us less than a month and the training will take for maybe 3 months. So the debut date will be around summer."

"Arrgghh! We don't have enough budget to have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter