Blood Is Thicker Than Water

She's My Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week earlier, Irene wanted to know more regarding Solar's debut because she couldn't lose against Moonbyul this time. As the VP, Wendy managed to gain information that the famous and currently hot dancers in their country, Aiki and Noze were helping their rivals. Queendom's CEO already set the trio's debut close to Solar's debut date on purpose but her girlfriend, Seulgi became upset because of it. The singer begged for a peaceful rivalry this time around but it seemed Irene already set up her mind and wouldn't listen to anyone.

The black haired woman hired Lee Jung of YGX as the main choreographer and her whole crew as the backup dancers. She also hired the well-known lyricist, Kim Eana and personally asked her to give the trio group the pre-made songs because they're running out of time. Irene knew she could win because she had something that Moonbyul didn't. The knocks on her door brought her back from her thoughts and she said, "Come in."

The former SNSD's leader and also her sunbae, Kim Taeyeon walked in and sighed with her hands on her hips, "What is it this time, Joohyun-ah? You said it's urgent."

"Sunbae!" Irene hugged the older woman and told her to sit. She didn't have time for chit chat and went straight to the point by saying, "I know you reject me to help the kids as their mentors because you pitied Moonbyul. Now, I'm asking you to do something else for me. Be a featuring in this album. Not the title track but one b-side is enough to show your support and let everyone know that Queendom is still related to the big company and I already talked to Mr. Lee. He said you should do it."

"Wow, you really..." The blonde woman frowned, "Are you trying to play dirty right now? Moonbyul and the others had been through a lot. I know you set the trio's debut date in the same week as Solar's on purpose."

"Isn't it normal for sunbaes to help up their hoobaes like this? And why should we care so much about them? You're not related to them anyhow. We're in the same company, Sunbae." Irene had stern look on her face and continued, "It's only right if you're helping your people. We are still family, aren't we? Besides, I heard they already finished recording the songs so they won't need you for awhile."

"How the hell do you know that, Joohyun-ah?"

The Queendom's CEO replied with a smile, "A little bird told me. Come on, Sunbae. Help us."

Taeyeon knew the former Red Velvet's leader for years and she didn't know Irene could be this cunning. Being alone without BoA made the blonde easier to get swayed and she kinda felt intimidated by Irene. She should've said no but somehow she couldn't refuse, "If Mr. Lee said it then... I'll see what I can do to help."

"Thank you so much, Sunbae! You won't regret this!"

After spending 10 more minutes drinking tea, Taeyeon left the Queendom bulding and heading to her car with puzzle look on her face. She kept inhaling and exhaling then mumbled as she's starting the car, "Why did I act like that with Joohyun? I couldn't even say no to her and got intimidated by her. Why should I scared of her? It's not like she's my mother or anything! Damn you, Kim Taeyeon, what the hell did you get yourself into?"

 

 

 

"Who is Queen Consort Lee Hongra?" Hwasa asked, "What is going on?"

The CEO gathered the others and she finally told Hwasa and Wheein the truth. People from Yongsun's past reincarnated and they crossed paths with the young princess again in this modern life. The mentors were Yongsun's half-sisters, Moonbyul was Moojoo's reincarnation and lastly, it seemed the King's second wife and also Princess Hongnam's mother, reincarnated as Irene.

Wheein found it fascinating and asked, "So... Is it possible that me and Hyejin Unnie were also there around Yongsun in Goryeo Dynasty?"

"I'm not sure," The girl replied, "I don't know anyone with your faces. But then again, Saju mentioned people can reincarnate with different faces."

Hwasa asked the girl, "So what about you?"

"I'm... I'm..." The princess couldn't say it because the person was important for them.

Moonbyul said it instead, "She's Sunny's past self. She has the same soul as Sunny's."

"Yongsun is Sunny Unnie? That's not possiible," The VP frowned and thinking, "They're two different people."

"We went to Saju and she told us about it. It may sound weird but it's true. Yongsun even met someone who looked just like Saju back in Goryeo."

"Really?" Wheein was genuinely curious and said, "She traveled to the future where her future self exists. If she spends more time here, will their souls overlapping with each other?"

The blonde suddenly got worried and asked, "What is that mean?"

"I don't know. I'm just making theories, I mean...." The indie singer looked at the girl and said, "Based on the sci-fi movies, I don't think this will have a happy ending."

"Don't say that, we've been through a lot to be where we are now."

Wheein regretted saying it but she couldn't help pointed out another thing, "Either Yongsun has to go back to her time or I don't know, alright? I'm just worried something might happen if she stays here permanently."

"But..." Hwasa looked down, "Sunny Unnie is no longer with us. Will it be okay then?"

"We have no idea," Moonbyul stared at the girl with sad eyes. Sunny was special person in her heart and after her death, the blonde didn't believe she could be in love again but her heart began to waver after she met Yongsun.

 

A week had passed and the CEO finally finished producing all three songs and she pulled an all-nighter for days. She was running around to find Yongsun and wanted the princess to listen to the songs for the first time, but Moonbyul couldn't find her everywhere. There's only one place she could think of, the rooftop.

Her guess was right as she found the girl was staring at the orange afternoon sky and let the warm breeze touching her tired face. Moonbyul didn't make any sound and walked behind the brown haired woman and covered her eyes.

Yongsun gasped and surprised by the cold hands blocking her sight. She thought it was someone strange but she heard the deep voice asked, "Guess who?"

The girl smiled and played along, ""Hmm... I don't know. Maybe someone annoying?"

The CEO laughed and pulled her hands away, "What are you doing here?" She's leaning on the railing and watched the sunset, "It's beautiful, isn't it?"

"Yeah. It reminds me of the moment before I traveled here. Moojoo promised to take me to see the sunset but it was all a lie and now here I am, watching it with you."

"How do you feel about her now?" The CEO was curious of the princess's heart, "You... Still like her?"

The girl faced the blonde and said, "Honestly, I don't know. But one thing I'm sure of is that I care about you, CEO-Nim."

Moonbyul had an uneasy feeling after Wheein mentioned there's a possibility that something could happen if the princess stayed in the present time permanently. If one day Yongsun had to go back and meet Moojoo again, the CEO didn't know what to do or think. She's already forming a bond with the princess and she just couldn't lose the soul that's tied to her again but she's staring at the sunset and changed the subject, "Do you want to hear the songs? I finished them all just awhile ago and I want you to be the first person to hear them."

Even though she's tired from all the practices, Yongsun nodded excitedly then Moonbyul took a wireless headphones and carefully put it on the girl's head. They exchanged eye contact and the CEO's fixing the girl's hair gently. After making sure the girl was ready, Moonbyul pressed the play button on her phone and music began to play in Yongsun's ears.

It was the b-side track called Give You My Heart, the continuation from the title track, Be With You. The b-side was a retro pop song about being in love and because of the sunset, the person in front of her and the song, it was a romantic moment for her. Yongsun loved hearing her own voice singing the song and she approved Moonbyul's editing style. When the title track was playing, the princess couldn't help but dancing the choreo and singing along.

The CEO's fatigue suddenly gone as she's seeing the bright smile of the woman she cared. After all the songs ended, Yongsun took off the headphones and hugged Moonbyul, "I love all of them! Oh my goodness, I don't know how you did it but thank you so much for everything!"

The blonde patted the girl's back, "Thank you for hanging in there. For not giving up even though it's really hard. You just need to endure it a bit longer, we're so close to your debut."

"It's harder for you, CEO-Nim." Yongsun let go off the hug and noti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter