Where We Belong

She's My Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun was upset and locked herself in the room without having dinner so the CEO went straight to the bedroom door. She knocked a couple of times but no answer from the girl. The thought of the princess suddenly disappeared made her scared and anxious. She's banging the door, "Yongsun? Are you in there? Please answer me. Yongsun! Solar!"

Suddenly, a voice said from the other side of the door, "Solar is not here."

‌Moonbyul relieved because she had hope again and calmed herself down before replying, "Then... Who's there?"

‌"Yong-I'm angry at Moonbyul-Sun."

‌The CEO laughed silently and replied, "Okay. Can I come in?"

‌"No."

‌"I have the bread you like."

‌"What else?"

‌"Hmm... Greek yogurt with strawberries."

‌"What else?"

‌"Tteokbokki?"

‌The blonde heard the door was unlocked and Yongsun peeking from the small gap and saw the older woman only carrying one plastic bag, "Where are the other foods?"

‌"I lied. Sorry, I only have tteokbokki."

‌The princess took the plastic bag and was about to close the door but Moonbyul was quicker. She blocked the door with her foot and pushed it open, "I need to talk to you."

‌"Fine." The girl sat on the floor leaning on the bed.

‌"The floor it is." The CEO took the tteokbokki container and handed a skewer to the girl.

‌The newly debuted idol ate the spicy rice cake and just stared silently outside the window. 

‌"Yongsun-ah. I want you to know that this is a difficult thing to do for me. I lost the person I loved the most because I hurt her and it took me awhile to move on and tidy up things in here," She pressed her palm on her chest then moved it to point at her head, "And here."

"I'm not actually angry at you. It's just that you've been distant and didn't talk to me," T‌he girl was hugging her legs and asked, "So... What happened?"

‌"You already heard what happened to Sunny. When I was supposed to be her person, I was too busy with my own problems that I didn't see all the signs of her depression until it was too late. I was too selfish and my ego hurt her that night. She... Um, jumped from the rooftop of her apartment building and drowned in the swimming pool. When i saw you floating in that river... I just didn't think anymore and saved you. Deep down, I knew you came for me but I was a complete fool who didn't believe in superstition. I wonder if the universe gave me a second chance to redeem myself and it turned out it did."

Yongsun just nodded and not saying anything with full of the rice cakes she's chewing. The CEO glanced at her and laughed seeing the chubby cheeks. The princess looked up and asked, "What?"

Moonbyul wiped a red sauce on the girl's lower lip with her thumb, "Yongsun-ah... I do like you. A lot.."

Yongsun swallowed the food and on her knees moving closer to the older woman, "Do you mean it?"

"Yes and I want to ask you something. Do you want to date me?"

"I do," The girl replied eagerly and added, "But first, can I call you 'Unnie'? Like 'Byulyi Unnie'? I always want to call you that."

"Of course you can call me that, Yongsun-ah." The CEO smiled and glanced at the girl's pink and sweet lips. She tucked Yongsun's strand of hair and leaned close. Her heart was tattering as she closed her eyes and the princess did the same. It's their real first kiss, it was soft and warm and Moonbyul moved slowly to build the tension and anticipation.

After the girl was ready to be more intimate with her, the CEO deepened the kiss by parting her lips slighty and using her tongue. Yongsun never experienced a kiss like this before, she startled at first but she liked it. The princess let the older woman guiding her and she mimicked the blonde's movements. Soon, they moved to the bed and french kissing. They spent the night cuddling until they fell asleep together.

Moonbyul and Yongsun decided to date but hiding their relationship from the public. The blonde never left Yongsun's side and always stayed around her as the manager and the CEO. In a short time, the girl became the new South Korea's 'It Girl' and had many CF deals, from skincare products, ice cream, chocolate to a famous pizza brand. Her face was everywhere and people either loved her, hated her or wanted to be her. Money started flowing in and Wolseong World Entertainment was saved from the bankrupcy.

The CEO finally moved out from Hwasa's apartment and rented her own in the same building. Because it would increase suspicions if Yongsun moved in with her, the princess stayed with Hwasa and Wheein. The two did a very great job at hiding their relationship in public but they became lovey dovey couple behind the curtain. Yongsun was getting used to the tight schedules and activities and whenever she's tired, she always went to Moonbyul's to recharge and spent the night there.

 

A month had passed since Solar's debut and it meant they only had 2 months left before the full moon Saju predicted. The CEO hadn't tell Yongsun about how she really felt about it because she's not ready to say goodbye to her love once again. But just in case something might happened, Moonbyul asked the girl to make a to-do-list of the activities she wanted to do as a couple. They often went on a dates in secret and hiding their faces behind masks and hats.

One day, the CEO was in her office and Yongsun suddenly came in and sat on her lap without saying anything. Moonbyul seemed to used to it and wrapped her arms around the girl and caressing Yongsun's back. The princess gently kissed her and the CEO accepted it. They parted and she asked, "Did you just eat tteokbokki? I can still taste the gochujang sauce."

The girl laughed, "Yes, I was hanging out with ONEWE members and Wheein Unnie in the lounge."

"My Yongsun is independent woman and has a lot of friends now. I'm so proud."

"It's all because of you," The girl laughed and rested her head on the CEO's shoulder, "Unnie... There's something else I want to do with you."

Seeing the girl being all clingy and touchy, Moonbyul thought it was about something ual and intimate so she blushed, "W- What is it?"

Yongsun was caressing the CEO's chest and said, "I want you to sing with me."

"What?" The blonde sat up. She was relieved but a bit disappointed it's not the one she imagined, "You want to sing with me?"

The girl was swinging her feet like little girl and pouting, "I really like your voice and I want us to have a song together. No rap, just sing. Can we do that, Byulyi Unnie?"

"Hmm... But I don't have unreleased songs at the moment and writing a new one takes time..."

"Then let's just re-record Be With You with adding your voice! I really love the title track and lot of people too! They will be surprised if there's a duet version, Unnie!"

Moonbyul's heart melted seeing Yongsun's enthusiasm to her singing so she couldn't refuse. She nodded and kissed the girl's forehead, "Alright. Anything for my princess."

 

With the help of Hwasa and Wheein in the producer's chair, Moonbyul rearranged the song to a slow version and together with Yongsun, pouring their hearts out to the song in the recording booth. As expected, their vocals blended together so well and the harmonies would make the angels cried if they listen. They also rented a set to film the live version, the studio looked like an outdoor park with fake trees, grass and flowers then the two singers were sitting on the bench holding their mics.

The duet version of Be With You quickly became a hit everywhere because not only their beautiful voices, but it's also Moonbyul's comeback as a singer. Seeing all the positive reactions and comments, the CEO had peace with her inner demon who kept telling her that she's not good enough. Now she knew why Yongsun asked them to do this and she couldn't be thankful enough for her girlfriend.

As the time went by, Moonbyul noticed the world around her began to change. Sunny's existence was fading as Yongsun was getting more recognition in the country. The CEO went to the cemetery again to check and Sunny's tombstone was still intact but somehow she couldn't read the letters on it.

"What is going on?" She whispered.

The CEO heard footsteps and someone was standing next to her. It was the VP, "You shouldn't be here."

"Oh, Hyejin-ah. I want to check on something. How do you know I'm here?"

The VP put a sunflower on the tombstone and instead of answering the older woman, she asked, "I thought this is what you wanted? Move on and live your life with the person you chose. You shouldn't have care of what will happen to Yong Sunhae anymore."

"What are you... Talking about?"

"Your fate is entangled in a web of cause and effect. You need to accept the consequences of your decisions."

Hwasa spoke differently than usual and acted like she knew everything. The CEO grew suspicion on the younger woman, "Are you really... Ahn Hyejin?"

"You don't need to know who I am. If you don't want this to happen and want those dreams to stop... You need to know what went wrong, what was your mistake and understand the bigger picture why this is happening to both of you in the first place. Deep down, you already know what it is and what you should do."

"Why are you doing this? Why us?" The blonde asked, "It's not fair for playing with our hearts and lives like this."

"You two are not the first one and won't be the last. There are plenty of humans who destined to be together by the thread of fate and they are special cases. But a lot of them made mistakes and broken the thread completely and lived in regrets. They are punished by losing all the ties and won't being able to be together again in their next lives no matter how many times they will reborn, they will keep tormented by those longing and guilt over and over again. By doing this, we're giving the others such as yourself who still had hope, a second chance. If they pass, then their thread of fate will be unbreakable for eternity."

"Who's 'we'? Are you god? Deity?"

The VP just stared with a faint smile then closed her eyes. When they're opened a moment later, Hwasa was back to her old self and looked confused of why she's there. Moonbyul knew there's a higher being possessed her younger friend's body. She tested it again by asking, "Hyejin-ah?"

"Unnie! Why am I here? Did I come here with you? Ah... I feel dizzy," Hwasa tilted her head and didn't seem to recognized the tombstone, "Anyway, I'm going to wait in your car. Hurry up."

It's finally happening. It's just like what Saju warned, there couldn't be 2 suns shining in the sky. One of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter