Chapter 5

Life is all about second chance

Merry Christmas Everyone. Have a nice holiday. Be happy and healthy. 

I hope you enjoy my writing and give me some feedback. 

Thank you and cheers   

                                                                                *******

Hyukjae is carrying a big basket of candy. He is going to visit an orphanage with a volunteer team outside Seoul. They are going to teach the kids there as volunteer works. 15 days ago, he agreed to help Siwon with the work now here he is. Siwon is quite happy and friendly. Hyukjae can feel his kindness. After Siwon got his phone number, he seemed to be more friendly with Hyukjae. But Hyukjae always responded cold. It is not like he hates Siwon but he is afraid of being close to people. More friends, more relationships, and more sadness at the time of farewell. He learned that equation in an extreme way of sadness. However, Siwon never fails to be kind towards him. This irritates Hyukjae a lot. But he keeps on telling in his head “it just for volunteering, It will be finished today and I will kick out Siwon from my life.”

Hyukjae sat beside the window in the bus heading to the orphanage. Because of his cold attitude, most of the students don’t talk with him for unnecessary reasons. He was happy to be alone at the backside of the bus putting music in the earphone. It will take 3 hours to reach the orphanage. He looks at the front side of the bus finding Siwon speaking happily with everybody while girls are gushing over him. Siwon’s eyes meet his and Hyukjae was awkward seeing him smile fondly. He broke the eye contact after a few seconds and looked outside. The bus has just started to run. After some time, Hyukjae dozes off missing the view of a handsome man who suddenly sat beside him.

The bus stopped and everyone was getting out with their belongings. Hyukjae was sleeping quite peacefully putting his head on the shoulder of the handsome man, president Siwon.

Siwon, however, is quite mesmerized with Hyukjae. He found that sleeping boy quite interesting. He is beautiful, strong and talented but his eyes are very sad. Like an ocean. There is nothing happy. Siwon suddenly has the urge to hug Hyukjae and kiss the top of his deep eyes. He could have done that if suddenly Hyukjae’s phone doesn’t ring out loud. Hyukjae wakes up startled and finds Siwon so close. For a moment, their surroundings are totally empty and Hyukjae becomes numb instantly feeling the brown eyes of the handsome boy diving into his ocean-like eyes. Hyukjae jumps up pushing Siwon away. Siwon gets surprised but quickly regains his composure. He flashes his sparkling smile.

“We arrived; let's go sleepyhead”

“ Why didn’t you call me before?”

“You looked tired. So I didn’t have the heart to wake you up.” Actually, they arrived not long ago. But Hyukjae doesn't need to know, right?

“Are you naturally this disgusting or occasionally say these cringe things?”

“Depends on situation and people”

“Really? What situation is this now?”

Siwon takes his belongings and heads to the door without replying.

Hyukjae is irritated but he gets his things too to leave the bus. When he exits the bus, he finds Siwon waiting for him.

“With you, every situation is real and I speak what my heart needs to say because I feel you are a genuine person”

Hyukjae is taken aback. What’s going on with Siwon? Hyukjae is not stupid. He understands the tone of flirting. But Siwon seems more serious day by day. His mind becomes restless. He doesn’t want to be Siwon’s friend, let alone something else. Wait, is he thinking too much? Siwon is a model student and quite popular in the whole university. He is kind and friendly. There is no way he would have an interest in Hyukjae, not even as a friend. It may be just the curiosity of Siwon as Hyukjae doesn't talk much. Yeah, that’s it. Hyukjae curses Yesung in his head for doing this to him. He will definitely give him a piece of mind when he gets back. Being senior will not give any advantage to the redhead for sure. He also needs to talk with Kyu. The younger was nowhere to be found showing the excuse of class tests and Olympiads.

Hyukjae sighed heavily and went inside the orphanage. There, Mr. President Siwon Choi describing the schedules of their activities in the presence of orphanage authorities. The principal of the orphanage suggested to made groups of two in each so that it will be easy to handle the kids. As it is a three-day-long activity, they also need to assign their accommodations. They are a total of 19 people, Hyukjae is happy inwardly about it so that he can work alone without having a groupmate. But No, fate is always against him. A senior girl needs to take the responsibility for their foods and other needs. So he will get a partner and of course, Siwon is quick enough to grab him as his groupmate.

“You came because of me. You will be my groupmate and I can take care of you”

Though his words shook Hyukjae’s heart a little, he doesn't care. There is no one in this world except Kyu and himself who can take care of him.

“I can take care of myself. And I am here to repay you. So no extra talk needed.”

“Dear volunteers, please go to the third floor. You guys can share the bed with your groupmate as all beds are for two. If there is any girl-boy group, you can exchange with others or share with me.”

Though there is no that type of relation and Hyukjae is pretty sure he and Siwon both are guys and straight, Hyukjae couldn’t stop his awkward feelings. 

Same bed! With Siwon!!!!