Chapter 13

Life is all about second chance

Hyukjae never been so happy in his whole entire life. He has a person beside him who loves him. Siwon is always there with him. After the last misunderstanding, they decided to talk more and get familiar with each other. Hyukjae still has problems with opening up his mind. But now he tries wholeheartedly. He knows all the work and schedule of Siwon. He wonders how Siwon manages time for him. If he physically can’t be present, always sends him texts with an “I love you” in the end. Hyukjae talks with his other classmates too. They are not that bad. They are also very fascinated that Hyukjae is actually a nice person, not as mean as he used to look. Hyukjae still doesn’t fully comprehend the term “boyfriend” as they didn’t make it official still but he doesn’t mind those kisses he gets from Siwon. It is a feeling he can’t describe. And those long and tight hugs, Hyukjae is not sure when he started to longing for those.

“You can hug him anytime you know? You can jump on him and let him ravish you too. “ Kyuhyun once said teasingly. As a result, a furiously blushing Hyukjae smacked him well and hide his game console for one whole hour. He intended to hide longer but Kyu is always smart.

Today is date day. A double date. Due to their academic pressure and other things, they couldn’t have a proper date even after dating for 6 months. While yesung and kyuhyun are all , hyukjae and siwon are all sweet. Hyukjae often sleeps in kyu’s dorm to avoid that two lovers. Seriously they have nothing better to do. But he is happy for Kyuhyun. Yesung Hyung is good in a weird way.

They decide to keep their date casual although Siwon has a different plan for Hyukjae. Siwon wants to pamper Hyukjae. He wants to give everything in his ability to Hyukjae. It just seems right. Siwon can’t think of any more beautiful human than Hyukjae. The way he melts in his arms, the way Siwon himself feels heaven in Hyukjae’s hug, the way Hyukjae blushes after their kiss, and the eyes sparkle when he sees the other one. It is not like Siwon doesn’t have naughty thoughts. Hell, he often wakes up in the morning with boners or all wet from dreams. But he can’t be more thankful for having Hyukjae like this now. He is stupidly romantic. His love wins over their lust.

For their date, they decide to go to Ihwa Mural Village. It was Yesung’s pick. Kyuhyun objected first suggesting lotto world but soon the objection died with a glare from his lover. On the other hand, Siwon was happy with the fact that he could just walk through the street holding Hyukjae’s hand and sniffing his body smell like a shameless ert, he still asked Hyukjae what he wanted. Hyukjae agreed with a smile. Why not? This is Hyukjae’s first date.

They decide to walk all the way up to Naksan mountain. The weather is good and the mood is happy. While Yesung and Kyuhyun are busy teasing each other, the other couple is enjoying the view while they are walking alongside the wall. No, Siwon is actually watching Hyukjae. How Hyuk’s hand is intertwined with his, how Hyukjae sometimes laughs due to the bickering of Yekyu couple. Siwon realizes his heart flutters every time he sees Hyukjae smile and laugh. His gums come into view and it is the most beautiful thing for Siwon in the world. Hyukjae realizes Siwon is watching him. He suddenly becomes self-conscious. He looks at Siwon with a questioning eye and Siwon doesn’t take a min before stealing a kiss. Hyukjae gasps with surprise and then he blushes. People give weird looks to them. But Siwon doesn’t care and Hyukjae doesn’t have time to care as he can’t stop his heart from beating so fast and make his blush go away. When they reach the top, they sit to drink and eat something. They can see Naksan tower and the view is beautiful. There are local people also and Hyukjae feels uncomfortable locking his hand with Siwon.

“Are you tired, little squirrel? “

Hyukjae is not timid. He looks at Siwon as if he wants to see what the other is thinking.

“You can put your head on my shoulder. It will help you rest”

It takes Hyukjae off guard. Hyukjae is a man and a very strong one. But the way Siwon takes care of him makes him all soft. He wants to give up his “so-called” masculinity and just lean into others. But Hyukjae also wants to take care of Siwon. He just doesn’t know how to express or reciprocate those exact feelings. He takes a deep sigh.

“Siwon-ah, why you call me little squirrel?”

“I think it suits you. So active but so adorable.”

“Can I call you something like that too?

“You---- you want to give me a nickname?” Siwon is surprised.

Hyukjae frowns. Do his earlier actions make Siwon insecure? Yes, Hyukjae. You never reply to his “I love you” .

“Yes, is it wrong?”

Siwon hugs Hyukjae. “No, it is the best.”

Hyukjae laughs silently at how childish Siwon becomes just now. And with that hug, Hyukjae realizes Siwon also needs someone to love him just like himself.

“I will call you, let me see “sunflower”?”

“Why sunflower?” Siwon whines. Hyukjae laughs.

“Because it is embarrassing”

“I gave you a sweet name and you give me an embarrassing one, why?” Siwon pouts

Hyukjae feels all giddy in his chest. He finds Siwon adorable. He comes to the realization that he never actually put Siwon out of that gentleman thing. Siwon is adorable and can be childish too. Then why the hell he is serious all the time? Because you stupid never pay attention outside your misery, Hyukjae.

Hyukjae feels bold and kisses Siwon’s pout. Siwon looks at him with big eyes. He doesn’t comprehend the situation. What is actually happening?

“Let me call you, wonnie.” Hyukjae whispers.

“I love you. You can call me anything. Embarrassing, sweet, offensive, I don’t mind” Siwon speaks slowly. His voice fills with love and care.

“I love you too, wonnie”

What!!!!! Hyukjae said it just now, right? He is not hallucinating, right? Siwon can hear his heartbeat. He holds Hyukjae’s face firmly and asks

“What did you just say?”

Hyukjae is determined. He is not shy. He is willing to hold on to his love. The person who embraces him when he has nothing in his life, not even hope. Hyukjae takes a deep breath and speaks

“I love you “

Siwon kisses Hyukjae. He doesn’t care about his surroundings, He doesn’t care about those disgusting stares or judgmental looks of other people. All he knows is, He finally got Hyukjae.

“Ahhhh! My eyes!!! You two stop making out. It is a public place. And there are children and elders. “ Kyu shouts annoyingly. Obviously, he is annoyed. Yesung is too engrossed in nature and mural work. He couldn’t get a single peck, let alone a kiss. Siwon and Hyukjae break apart and laugh at Kyuhyun shyly. Kyuhyun rolls his eyes and waves his hand gesturing yourself.

However, Siwon and Hyukjae hold their hand tightly. They are going to be happy and they will be each other’s love. They will make things right in their life.

They come down from the mountain and head back to have dinner. They go to Sky rose garden. It is a bit far. They settle themselves down and order food. It is a little expensive. Though Hyukjae objects, Siwon coos him saying you can pay next time. Hyukjae agrees while Kyuhyun starts to pinch Hyukjae saying Siwon is Richy rich. Let him spend some. Hyukjae gets annoyed and smacks Kyu’s head as always. Kyu verdicts he will die because of a head injury from Hyukjae’s smack. Food arrives and they dig in. The foods are delicious and they are hungry. Their dinner soon finishes with occasional caring touches and fun chatting. It’s bill-paying time. The waiter brings two separate bill folders. When they give it to Siwon, he gives one to Kyuhyun and one to Hyukjae.

“you wanted to play earlier, so I let you pay.” While kyu slides his bill to Yesung. “Hyung , you pay for me”

Hyukjae feels offended. Is Siwon playing a prank or is Siwon mocking him?

“Kyu, is this a prank?” Yesung asks .

“No, you see the bill folder. See how much and pay. I don’t have money” Kyuhyun replies with a smirk. 
Well, judging by the look on their faces, kyu and Siwon look serious. Hyukjae is afraid. What if it exceeds the money he has now. He looks at Yesung and the elder is also dumbfoundedly looking at his bill folder. Hyukjae opens the bill folder slowly only to find out a red rose with a note, 

“It is appropriate to ask “ will you be my boyfriend?” But instead I want to ask “will you be with me forever?”

Putting down the bill folder with teary eyes, he finds Siwon on one knee in front of him with a velvet box containing a couple of pendent-bearing chains. He looks at Siwon’s hopeful eyes with a hint of fear. Hyukjae gives a simple nod with a smile on his lips and tears.

“I want to be with you forever.” While hugging Siwon tightly Hyukjae looks at Yekyu couple only to find them kissing with couple rings on their fingers. Well no matter what, it is sometimes necessary to say things out loud. 

 

 

****************

I am sorry to update it late. I suddenly got covid and it was a bad one. I am ok now but still need time to recover. I hope you enjoy it and give me some feedback. thanks to all my subscribers, upvoters, readers and commenters. Take care and stay happy. Lots of love.