Chapter 10

Life is all about second chance

Siwon is busy nowadays. After Hyukjae told him to be off almost 20 days ago, Siwon got quite busy. So many works. His study, responsibilities as Student Union president, and other volunteering work. He has to work day and night. The day Hyukjae told him to stop, that day Siwon understood he is not meant to be loved. His mother left him after his birth. His father is always busy with his business. A big business needs more time. Only his brother was there for him. Little Siwon got his father and mother both in the form of his brother Minho. Minho is 6 years older than Siwon. He is everything to Siwon. The most popular and handsome Siwon, everyone wants a piece of him, in reality, he is quite alone too. He only meets his father at the breakfast table. Nowadays his Minho Hyung also has to help their father. The house is full of people like maids and other house helps. But still, nobody notice how Siwon struggling to be loved.

He came back home late Friday night. His Minho Hyung was waiting. Siwon gave him an apologetic smile and headed to his room. The next morning, at the breakfast table with their father, Minho suddenly asks

“Won-ah, what happened? Are you ok? You look sick.”

“Hyung, I am ok. It’s just so much work pressure”

His father suddenly speaks before leaving

“If there is that much pressure, you can take some break. Here, take some money and have a tour”

Siwon sighs. It was always like this. Is money everything in life? Can a tour give him an opportunity to be loved. Why is he even seek love from Hyukjae? He is a boy. He is cold. There are plenty of beautiful girls and even more handsome boys who are dying to be with him. But why his heart only wants Hyukjae. Siwon. He told you to back off. Why doesn’t he has any control over his own mind, his own fate? Why does Mom have to leave him even before he could feel what “Mom” means? Why his father only values money? Why Hyukjae even can’t be his friend?

“Won-ah” Minho put a hand on his shoulder seeing the younger spacing out.

“Hyung, you finish your breakfast already?”

“Yes. What happened to you? Is your this brother not worthy anymore to know what's in your mind?”

Siwon’s eyes tear up. It is always Minho. The only one who loves him. He hugs his brother and suddenly bursts into tears. Minho is his hair soothingly. After relieving some bottled-up tears, Siwon sits straight. He looks at Minho

“Hyung, what will you do if you love someone but they don’t want you around them?’

“Love is a very big word. In different contexts, it meant differently. If you are talking about family, then you should stick with them more because they said so as they are upset. The same goes for best friends. Rectify yourself and amend with them. And if you are talking about a lover, then it can be sensitive. You have two choices. Either ask why or leave them alone. It gonna be hurt but it will be more hurtful if you continue to chase it. Take it as not a destined item for you.”

Siwon is thinking deeply. Minho may be saying the right thing. But he wanted Hyukjae to feel love and safety. He thinks Hyukjae is not that person what he shows to the world.

“Again thinking? Who is that?”

“Hmm, who?” Siwon gets startled

“The one doesn’t love my perfect brother but my little Siwon is head over heels for her?”

Siwon chuckles nervously

“Hyung, it’s a boy”

Minho looks at him with an unreadable expression. Siwon tenses up. Is his Hyung also going to leave him?

“Why he is not loving you back?”

“You are not angry?”

“Of course I am angry. Who the hell is he not loving back my perfect baby brother? Where he will get this sweet cheeky boyfriend?”

“oh, Hyung, you are so annoying, “ Siwon says while laughing. He is feeling quite light. However, his mind relieves and now his body showed up how mistreated it was for the last few days.

“I will not go out today. I decided to spend time with my baby brother “- Minho says over the phone. Siwon rolls his eyes. He is not a baby.

Now tell me won-ah, what going on”

After briefing everything, Siwon says

“Hyung, I think he needs to be loved. He needs someone to wrap him up in a comfortable hug while he feels down. I felt it in the orphanage. I want to do that.”

“Won-ah, he is not helpless. If you think like that, it is not love. It is pity”

“Hyung, I also feel relaxed when I hold his hand. I feel happy when I hug him. I love him Hyung. I am sure.”

“Ok, ok. You can have some background checks. Maybe he has a girlfriend or boyfriend. Maybe he doesn’t like boys. Maybe he has a bad experience in the past”

“Will he be angry if I do that?”

“Maybe yes. But then you can decide if you want to pursue him anymore. Be selfish. Even though you love him, you have to understand why you love him and if he wants to be with you or not? Make sure it is not out of pity.”

Siwon’s phone rings suddenly. He sees the screen and remembers he has a meeting with the volunteer team.

“Hyung, sorry. I have a meeting. I will be back before lunch. Sorry.”

“My baby brother is so busy. Fine. Go and come back quickly. I will cook something for our brother bonding lunch”

Siwon feels happy and gives a quick nod before dashing out to get into his car.

After the meeting, the volunteer team goes to the coffee shop Hyukjae works. It is almost lunchtime and everyone is hungry. Siwon declines politely but pays their bill. Fortunately, Hyukjae is not there. Siwon bids goodbye to his team and gets out of the café only to find Hyukjae in front of him. Remembering that day, Siwon completely ignores Hyukjae and continues to walk towards the parking on the opposite of roads. However, he doesn’t see Hyukjae’s sad-looking eyes on his retreating back. And Hyukjae doesn’t notice how wobbly Siwon’s steps are. The moment Siwon reaches his car doors, he collapses and everything becomes black.