Chapter 4

Life is all about second chance

Hyukjae was studying in the library. He always used to prepare beforehand for the class and now it is more important for him to continue his scholarship. Hyukjae likes that part of the library. It is on the corner side and there is a window beside the table. Students normally don’t roam there. The table is only for 4 people, so sometimes Kyuhyun joins him too. Today Yesung is with him. After that night in the hospital 2 months ago, Yesung gradually got more close to them. He tends to take care of Hyukjae and sometimes of Kyuhyun’s also. If Hyukjae was paying attention, he could have noticed the slight blush on Kyuhyun’s cheek whenever the senior talked with him. Hyukjae doesn’t mind Yesung anymore around him rather he is getting comfortable. The only thing he doesn’t like on Yesung right now is hair color. Yesung colored his hair into flaming red and it draws a lot of attention. However, still Yesung is with him. Also as a senior, Yesung helps him with his studies. So, everything is going well for hyukjae, no event in life is a good thing after all.

“Hyukjae-ah, are you hungry?”

“No Hyung, why?”

“You are studying for a long time and your breakfast was not satisfactory, I saw.”

“Hyung, it’s not like that. I like to study.”

“Still, let’s have a walk and grab a coffee. Fresh air will clear your mind and you could study more attentively after that”

Hyukjae can’t deny the logic but he really doesn’t want to go out. He was thinking about an excuse when his phone lighted up upon receiving a text. Kyuhyun asking for the same thing as the redhead. Hyukjae is a little surprised by this. But now he has no excuse to shrug them off. He sighs and gets up from his chair closing his books. Yesung was smiling ear to ear which made hyukjae more suspicious. Why does the simple break from a study make the redhead that much happy? They exit the library and head to the coffee shop where the youngest one was waiting for them. Entering the coffee shop, Hyukjae gets the shock of his life. There, his best friend, Kyuhyun, with BLUE HAIR!!!!!!!!

“What are you looking at? Your eyes gonna fall from their socket, monkey. And close your mouth or have you start eating bugs? ”

“Your hair!!!!!!!”

“Yeah, black was kinda boring. So I colored it. Isn’t it hot? Am I looking more handsome than before?”

“You look gross, attention seeker!!!!!! Have you got yourself a girlfriend or have a crush on someone? Why this silliness?”

“I think he looks cute”

Hyukjae turned around to look at Yesung with disbelief. The oldest one is encouraging it. Again He himself has flaming red hair. Wait a min, what’s going on here?..... Hyukjae can’t put a finger on it. He eyes them both. The pinkish hue on their cheeks, that shy smile, and sparkling eyes!!! Oh my God, they are crushing on each other!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or wait, Are they already in a relationship?

 

“Are you guys seeing each other?” He blurted out so suddenly Kyuhyun choked in his saliva and Yesung’s eyes popped out crazily.

“Are you crazy? Don’t you know I have a girlfriend?”

This time Hyukjae and Kyuhyun both were dumbfounded. Kyuhyun was bewildered and also a little disappointed. Their orders arrived. Kyuhyun grabbed his coffee and bid farewell hastily mentioning a group study schedule. Yesung waves fondly and Hyukjae is feeling guilty for making the situation awkward. They leave the coffee and walk to the park in the middle of the university. Yesung is saying something about the weather being so bright and sunny but Hyukjae’s mind is running wild right now. Absent-minded Hyukjae bumps into something and spills his coffee all over it. Sudden collision takes him back to reality only to find out the bumping object is Siwon. The president of the Student welfare union is wearing a white shirt with a hot coffee stain all over him. Hyukjae may not notice but Siwon is still looking so hot to resist. However, Hyukjae started backing down while bowing with an apology but he trips on a brick. Fortunately, Siwon’s quick reflex saves him from meeting the ground. Hyukjae can feel Siwon’s breathing over his face. They are intensely looking into their eyes. Hyukjae can feel Siwon’s hand circling his waist and hot air of breathing on his face.

“Hyukjae-ah, are you ok?”

Hearing Yesung, Hyukjae gets back his composure and stands straight saying thank you.

Siwon chuckled handsomely

“Nice to meet you Hyukjae”

“I am sorry for your shirt”

“That’s fine but you should pay attention when you are walking in the road”

“I can pay for your laundry. “

“It is really ok. Don’t worry about it”

“No, I insist. And also you helped me twice. I want to say Thank you properly.”

“Ok, then what about helping me with my voluntary works?”

“I don’t think I can do that. I am not very good at these. Also, I have to study.”

“Well, you said you want to thank me properly”

Hyukjae curses himself.

“I can treat you with a dinner.”

“It really ok Hyukjae. Don’t worry. I am happy to help always.”

“Hyukjae will help you in your voluntary works.”

Hyukjae looks at Yesung stunned. His eyes screaming “what are you talking about?”

“Really? Hyukjae just said no”

“He will do it. He wants to repay your kindness. Right hyukjae?”

Hyukjae nodded in agreement. Why on earth hyukjae leave the library today!!!!!

“Oh thank you Hyukjae. It will be a great help”

“My pleasure,”

“See you later. I am in hurry and also I need to change” Siwon leaves running sparing them with a bright smile. 

Hyukjae apologizes again and turns around with Yesung to go back to the library.

“HYUKJAE”

He saw Siwon running back to him.

“Hyukjae, can I have your phone number ?”