Chapter 17

Life is all about second chance

It is a double update. Please read the previous chapter.

Hyukjae overcame his sudden shock and pushed Siwon away. He tried to walk past Siwon but couldn’t as the latter grabbed him so strongly. Siwon was babbling something about love and not to leave. Hyukjae was trying to get rid of him. Kyuhyun came out with his luggage and gave his promised ring back to Yesung. Yesung was trying to process the situation. Kyu went to help his friend but a crying Yesung hugged him from the back. It was a whole mess. Hyukjae couldn’t take it any longer, and he snapped to Siwon.

“Love!!! Siwon, you are talking about love? You just slept with another woman. I can smell her on you still. And you are talking about love?”

Siwon was stunned hearing it. How did Hyukjae know?

“You are talking about love. For the last 1 year, how much time you gave me outside your crazy violent ?”

“Hyukjae, I was busy, I was always in the office. I wanted to secure our future together. I know I slept with a woman last night but trust me I was thinking it was you all the time. I was drunk. Please Hyukjae. I love you. I can never betray you nor I can hurt you”.

Hyukjae chuckled in disbelief. “You can’t hurt me Siown??? Really ????”

He took off his shirt and everybody could see all the bruises on his body. Those were not some cheesy love bites, anybody could sense the abusive bruises. Yesung couldn’t believe his eyes and Kyu fisted his hand so hard that his knuckle turned white. He was ready to punch Siwon when Heechul punched Siwon hard which made his nose bleed.

“You bastard! How dare you torture someone in the name of love”- Heechul shouted.

“I was not torturing him, he was enjoying it too.”

“I was not, Siwon. I was stupid enough to tolerate it thinking you love me. Now I know it is not. I had bruises from your slaps too in my faces. I can’t show the other bruises on my body. But do you know what hurt most? The bruises in my heart. You called me “” and “manwhore” on the other day, Siwon. Who does that to their loved ones?”

“I am sorry Hyukjae. I was jealous and I was drunk. I was under a lot of pressure with my work. Please understand”

“I understand you and that’s why it is better if we go on separated ways.”

Hyukjae turned to Yesung –“Hyung I talked and cleared the misunderstanding. Are you happy now?”- Yesung looked down with guilt.

“Goodbye Siwon, thank you for loving me. I loved you too. But it is not worthy.”

Heechul helped Hyukjae with his luggage and Kyu proceeded with his own luggage. He turned and bade Yesung goodbye. Siwon was devasted and kept repeating “how did he know? Who told him?”. Yesung was also in very bad shape. He and Siwon tried to comfort each other while crying and somehow ended up on the bed. Comfort , is it?

After they reached Heechul’s apartment, Heechul left them alone to settle down. They lay down on the bed but none of them could sleep. Hyukjae got up and went to the balcony adjacent to the living room. Hyukjae thanked himself to be strong enough to face Siwon without breaking down in front of him. Heechul’s apartment was on the 13th floor, so hyukjae could see the sky. This sky had no stars as the cloud was gathering soon to fall on the ground. Hyukjae felt tears coming down his eyes. He wondered how there were that many tears left still. He couldn’t hold it and broke down once again. He was crying like a crazy person as all the memories of Siwon were passing before his eyes. And the sky also started to cry with him. After some time, Kyu hugged him and Hyukjae could feel his silent tears of Kyuhyun. Both of them knew they had each other. But this time they both were in need of some comfort. Filling their emptiness, Heechul came and enveloped them both in his hug. They poured out all of their heart and hoped for a better morning.

After that night, it took hyukjae some alone time, a heartfelt visit to his family’s graves, and a comforting day in Kyuhyun’s home to recover. It was the same for Kyuhyun too. But they recovered and Heechul was always there with them. As a matter of fact, Heechul also recovered from the grief of losing his siblings two years ago. One of them committed suicide due to relationship problems and another was in a car accident. It was very hard for Heechul and he was somehow relieved to share the story with Hyukjae and Kyuhyun. On the other hand, Minho tried to contact Hyukjae and Hyukjae was polite enough to explain to him that it was no longer possible to go back to Siwon. Minho explained to him it was Siwon’s father who encouraged the secretary. Though Hyukjae was shocked, he knew it was not only the with the secretary that caused their relationship to fall apart. With Heechul’s help, Hyukjae and Kyuhyun did well in the exam. Kyu applied for an internship in China and still had to finish some post-exam reports. And Hyukjae was on his way to Japan with Heechul for an internship.

“We have reached our destination. We will land at Narita International Airport shortly.”

Heechul looks at Hyukjae with comforting but determined eyes. Hyukjae is once again ready to fight for his dream but he thinks it is better as an emotionless robot.

On the morning of the same day, an impossibly cute boy with his amazingly handsome teacher landed at the same airport to attend the same internship as Hyukjae and Heechul.