Chapter 3

Life is all about second chance

Hyukjae cleaned the table after the customer left. It was already 10.30 pm. He needs to help the owner to close the shop. Fortunately, the café is near his dorm so it will not take long to go back. After closing the café, he bid goodbye to his co-workers and owner. Taking out his phone, he found out Kyuhyun’s text. He was waiting for Hyukjae on the opposite side of the road to go back together. Yes, Kyuhyun never left his side. He got admitted to the School of Economics in the same university and his dorm is next to Hyukjae’s dorm. Hyukjae is grateful with all his might that he got Kyuhyun as his friend. Though Kyu is 1 year younger than him, that pinch of made their bond even stronger as brothers. Hyukjae saw Kyuhyun standing with his backpack playing games on his phone. The video game is like food to Kyu’s brain. He waved his hand to Kyu signaling to come so that they could head towards the dorm. As the crossing signal was green, Kyu started to cross the signal, but suddenly Kyu saw a car was running toward him at full speed. Kyu rooted on the spot and hyuk was stoned. Hyuk felt like the world was falling apart. Everything went pitch black. As he fainted, he missed how a handsome boy instinctively saved kyu.

Hyukjae opened his eyes to see a white ceiling. His head was throbbing and he couldn’t get the surroundings. After a minute, his whole soul screamed Kyu. But he couldn’t make any sound. His mind was running wild and his eyes were getting wet. He couldn’t believe the last straw he had clung to was washed away with the same fate as his family.

“Hey, It’s ok. Don’t cry. You are alright”

Hyukjae turned left to see that handsome face of Siwon. Well, Hyukjae doesn’t remember his name but he remembers Siwon’s help with the dorm. However, Hyukjae couldn’t form a word but he stopped crying. He whispered Kyuhyun’s name with tearful eyes. Siwon might get the situation as he moved to reveal kyu on the next bed getting treatment for the scratches in his hands and legs. Well, Siwon also got hurt a little but that’s not important. Seeing Kyu, Hyukjae couldn’t hold back, he jumped up to sit and voiced out Kyu’s name. Kyu looked at him with the biggest smile.

“ Woah, calm down monkey hyung, I am very much ok. Now don’t ruin my handsome aura with your ugly face and sleep. That nurse noona is so cute that I am gonna hit on her”

Hyukjae smiled and Kyu’s eyes told him how relieved he was, actually both of them.

“Your smile is so relieving. Why don’t you smile often?”

Hyukjae surprisingly looked at Siwon . he totally forgot about him while talking to Kyuhyun. Seeing his surprising gaze, Siwon chuckled.

“Don’t say you don’t remember me. But for the sake of Kyuhyunshi , I will introduce myself again. I am Choi Siwon, a sophomore from the Finance department and vice-president of the Student welfare Union.“

“Thank you Siwonshi for saving me. The sudden rush of the car made my brain and body freeze. “

“No need to thank me. I was just there at the right time. You may need to stay at the hospital tonight and also it is past dorm time. Or if you feel ok, you can come with me to my condo. “

“It's ok Siwonshi, we can manage by ourselves."

Just then, Hyukjae’s phone started ringing. Fishing out his phone, Hyukjae saw the caller ID. It’s Yesung, Hyukjae’s roommate. He pressed the receive button.

“Hyukjae-ah, where are you?”

“Hyung, I am in hospital”

“What? why? Are you ok?”

“I am fine. Kyuhyun had a little accident so we came to get treatment. Don’t worry, I will be back tomorrow.”

“Do you want me to come?”

“No hyung, everything is fine. Don’t bother”

“Don’t bother! how can you say that? Of course, I bother. You are my dongseng. I am worried for you.”

“Hyung, everything is fine”

“Ok, take care of yourself.” Yesung abruptly cut his phone.

Siwon chuckled saying “You should change your way of talking.”

“What’s wrong with my talking?”

“It sounds rude”

“I am rude. Don’t talk with me”

Siwon laughed showing his perfect white teeth. “You are very interesting."

After the nurse finished the bandage of Kyuhyn and checked Hyukjae, she gave Siwon the prescription for medicne. Siwon bought it from the University pharmacy and gave them to Hyukjae explaining everything. 

"Ok, take care. I am leaving now” Siwon got up and bid farewell to Kyuhyun too. When Siwon was near the door, Hyukjae timidly called him,

“Thank you for your help”

Siwon smiled with his dimple and was about to reply when someone stormed through the door and bumped into Siwon. Cursing loudly that person told Siwon to back off. Everyone was surprised as Yesung went directly to Hyukjae and started cursing him with so much rage. Hyukjae got startled and Kyuhyun was awed. Siwon overcome his surprise and left the hospital laughing by himself. Hyukjae knew Yesung for 1 month now. They don’t share a very strong bond, but Yesung is very caring towards him. Maybe because he is the senior of Hyukjae’s department. Whatever Hyukjae secretly loves it as he misses the love of an elder sibling. Though Sora and he were not that close but still that caring love was there very strongly. But he also despises it. He hated to get close to anyone. The less you get close, the less it hurts when you lose them. Seems like it will not be the case with Yesung. After Yesung stopped ranting, he looked to the other bed only to find a dumbfounded Kyuhyun. Yesung got shy and formed a beautiful smile. He went to Kyuhyun.

“You must be Kyuhyun, the only name I heard from Hyukjae. I am Yesung, Hyukjae’s roommate. Are you ok? Are your injuries serious?”

Kyuhyun gulped the nervous lump and said no by moving his head. Yesung smiled again and patted his hair with affection. Kyuhyun is feeling something but he is not sure himself what is it. Yesung turned back to Hyukjae’s bed and Kyuhyun’s eye was fixed on that person’s movement until he drifted into sleep.