Chapter 13

A Night In Paris
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your comments motivate me to update faster

Suzy looked up from the script she was reading, drawn away from the words on the page by the shouts and laughter on the set. Suzy and Rosé had nearly a week on unaligned schedules. No matter how hard they tried, the best they could manage was video calls and a few texts.

It had been a long weekend. Filming had gone late into the night on Sunday, and she has not seen Rosé at all after the night she met her members. Suzy knew she should feel scared, perhaps worried that  their secret was quickly becoming public knowledge. She'd expected to feel more concern, more panic at the sudden loss of control. But she felt peaceful. For the first time she felt like she was doing something that she actually wanted to do.

Her manager dropped into the seat beside her, suddenly '' You seem quiet. Is everything okay? ''

'' Yes, i was just reading the script.'' Suzy replied.

'' Can we talk business for a second ? ''

Suzy slipped a bookmark between the pages of the script '' Yes unnie.''

'' I need to know what your plans are? ''

''My plans ? ''

'' For you and Rosé-ssi.'' She lowered her voice. '' I think we need to have a sit-down with the agency and outline a plan of action.''

Suzy frowned, she had no idea how her manager knew about her and Rosé. She turned her head and looked out into the vast, cloudless sky. Her feeling of freedom and peacefulness wavered. After a long moment, she said '' You know that i hate lying, unnie.''

'' Suzy, i get it. You are in love. But your dating news would cause a media frenzy and ruin your chances with getting roles. Also, it's unfair for Rosé-ssi, do you really want her to deal with all of this and affect the other members? It's been, what, like a month since you got together? ''

Suzy turned back to her manager '' You saw us at the hospital, didn't you ? '' when her managed nodded, she sighed. She wanted more than anything  to make Rosé happy and protect her, but she didn't know how to do that while lying to the public and everyone she knows. '' I'm saying i don't want to lie. Not directly, not when i can help it.''

'' So what are you planning to do ? ''

'' I'm being careful. We are being careful. I'm not going to do something that will risk her career or mine.''

Her manager sighed and shook her head. '' Suzy, you are the kindest and smartest celebrity i have met. And i don't want you to get hurt because you are so wrapped up in this relationship that you start to make decisions that you can't undo.''

Suzy shrugged ''  I need to figure out who I am. I need to figure out who I want to be when I’m no longer a celebrity. I don’t want to look back on my life and see that I was the sort of person that put their career ahead of the people they love.” 

Her manager stared at her for a long time, then she shook her head with a sigh '' Honestly, i don't know whether to be upset or not. The manager side of me has a really big headache. But i'm actually happy to see you happy. Okay then, we'll figure something out. But please, be careful.''

Suzy leaned closer as she smiled '' Thank you unnie. You're the best.''

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter