Chapter 5

A Night In Paris
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Don't forget to leave a comment and tell me what do you think about this chapter :)

Suzy stood by the window and watched the snow fall as she was taking a 15-minute rest from filming. Her phone buzzed in her pocket and she extracted it. Her face lighted up when she saw Rosé's name. The snow and their busy schedules had dashed their plans for their next guitar lesson. They have been meeting almost twice a week in the actress's house for the past four weeks. Yesterday's lesson had been postponed until today, but with the snow still falling fast and both of them stuck at work, they had put it off for a few days. 

Suzy was disappointed. They had been exchanging messages all week and she had been looking forward to seeing the singer again.

She opened the message 

Hey. Got time for a call ? I have some time right now.

Suzy immediately dialed her number.

'' Hello, Suzy '' Rosé greeted her warmly.

Suzy heard her footsteps and then the click of a door closing.

'' It's freezing outside. How are you doing ? ''

'' I have one more scene to shoot outside then i'm good to go '' She paused '' Are you home ? ''

'' Please take care unnie, stay warm '' Rosé replied softly '' Yes, i just finished my schedule, i called to ask you about our next lesson. But it's okay i can call you again, you're still filming and i don't want to bother you right now. ''

Rosé heard Suzy let out a long sigh.

'' Are you okay ? ''

Suzy paused '' Just a lot going on, '' She said eventually. '' And i'm disappointed that we had to cancel our meeting. I was looking forward to taking you to that coffee shop again after the lesson. ''

Rosé smiled '' Me too. Their coffee is truly amazing.''

 '' I remember you complaining about drinking coffee at 11 pm '' She .

'' That was before i tasted the coffee '' Rosé laughed. On Suzy's end, there was a knock on the door and a low voice calling her away.

'' I have to go now. Thank you for calling me.''

'' Good luck with filming, unnie.''

They said goodbye and Suzy turned back towards the window.

'' What's got you smiling like this ? '' A voice came from behind her.

She turned to see her manager watching her curiously.

'' Nothing,'' She said with a smile '' Let's finish this scene in one take and go home, unnie ''

The sound rattled throughout the room. What was meant to be a gentle chord came out as a loud, wavy mess. Suzy recoiled at the sound and Rosé grimaced.

'' Wow, that ... that was really ... '' 

'' I know, '' Suzy sighed '' It was awful.''

'' I wouldn't say awful '' Rosé offered a little smile '' Maybe more like a work in progress ? '' Suzy narrowed her gaze at the obvious lie. Rosé added '' A serious work in progress.''

'' I don't get it.'' She sighed again, throwing her head back against the couch. '' What am i not getting ? This should feel easier now.''

'' It's okay, if it makes you feel any better i also struggled at the beginning '' Rosé tried to reassure the actress who slumped in the couch, allowing the guitar to slack in her lap.

The painful reminder of her quickly approaching fan-meeting date only served to rekindle Suzy's previous anxieties '' It's hopeless ! I don't know what i was thinking.'' She dragged her hands down her face '' I'm going to make a total fool out of myself.''

'' That's what i'm here for, Suzy, to help you '' Rosé laughed lightly as she thought that the actress looked cute when she was rambling '' Let me help you.''

'' I don't want to be a burden, i know you have other better things you could be doing than teaching me how to play guitar '' Suzy replied '' You have helped me enough, really ! ''

Rosé grinned '' Fortunately, i have nothing better to do than help you with this.'' She elbowed Suzy softly in the side ''You are kind of my favorite guitar newbie, although i haven't taught anyone before you ''

'' If you insist '' Suzy's face dusted pink as she scratched her cheek.

'' Okay, let's start '' 

Rosé took Suzy's hand in her own, adjusting their placement on the fret-board. She then took Suzy's other hand and rested it against the guitar strings '' Your wrist is all tense, relax a bit.''

Suzy nodded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter