Chapter 9

A Night In Paris
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Don't forget to leave a comment and tell me what do you think about this chapter :) your comments are very appreciated

Rosé teared her eyes away from the windows, looking to her left. Lying on a king-size bed that faced the windows, covers thrown over her body, and book in her lap, was Suzy. An unexpected surge of warmth spread inside Rosé's chest.

'' Hey unnie '' She greeted with a bright smile.

One of the corners of Suzy's lips tilted up in a lopsided smile '' Hello, Rosé ''

Rosé dropped the bag she was carrying and strode to the bed '' I see you've followed your doctor's orders and took a few days off.''

'' Well, not the doctor's orders but the director was very worried and begged me to take three days off '' Suzy shrugged as Rosé sat down on the edge of the bed '' I mean, i'm feeling fine. I can work with a broken wrist, i don't need to be coddled.''

Rosé rolled her eyes '' Unnie, people are allowed to take some days offs ! You seem like the workaholic type. But it's okay, the director and the team won't be disappointed in you.'' 

Suzy shook her head '' I should have been more careful now we're behind the schedule because of this.''

'' Unnie, i have known you for a few months but i can tell that you always put your job first and that you would drop everything to make sure that your work goes smoothly '' Rosé said softly '' But seriously, you are allowed to not be okay ! I know this whole incident is partially my fault but why don't you use the three days you got to rest ? ''

Suzy nodded, but then seemed to remember what Rosé came here for and her smile faded '' We should talk.'' It was not hesitant, but it lingered with uncertainty, or maybe a hint of fear of what is to come.

Rosé nodded pensively '' Unnie, i don't think we can go back to being friends.'' She said '' This whole situation is complicated.'' She looked down nervously '' We could give it a try. Like a trial.''

Suzy's lips pulled into the tiniest of smiles '' You mean ... like when you're deciding whether or not to buy a product and they let you have that free trial time ? ''

Rosé couldn't help but chuckle '' Said like that, it sounds awfully businesslike.'' She paused '' So we... date for a while and we see if it works out, and if it doesn't, we end it like we never even started ? ''

'' Yes '' Suzy breathed out '' But i can't promise that. '' She turned to the singer '' I'm your senior in the industry and i'm talking from experience; i don't want you to risk everything for a relationship that could not even exist two months from now. ''

'' Glad to know you have that much faith in us, '' Rosé replied, but immediately regretted what she said, she added quickly '' I'm sorry. I'm sorry, i shouldn't have said that. We are both in the same situation ... I'm sorry unnie.''

They stayed silent. There really was not much to say besides the truth, and that had been already said.

Rosé took a deep breath '' It's so complicated and it hurts no being able to be with you.''

'' I know,'' Suzy nodded quietly, then swallowed '' This is the first time i feel so scared about being caught. Rosé, i don't want anything happening to your career because of me. ''

Rosé is surprised by her own left hand leaving her lap and gently taking Suzy's uninjured one in it, then squeezing it tenderly. Suzy's eyes snapped up to meet hers and what Rosé saw in them, the sheer awe and hope and adoration, rendered her incapable of denying anything to this beautiful actress.

'' I would like to see a glimpse of what it would be like to be with you. It would be better than nothing at all'' She didn't pull her hand away from Suzy's.

Suzy's eyes widened even more, which seemed completely impossible '' Are you sure, Rosé ? You know the risks '' 

'' I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter