Presence: Chaos

The Dokkaebi - Vol. 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Yoongi & Yunho

 

     

He stood in the door of the class and observed the students in surprise. The had to be between fifteen and twenty. So, this was not just a normal school after all. The boys were tall, handsome, and seemed strong. The girls were beautiful, petite and had the most beautiful skins. Daejeon was the place of perfectly attractive youth. The classroom was packed with single desks and pillows on the ground. This was like the schools in Gongju.

“Hey, look, it is the new one.”, a beautiful girl stated and bowed at him.

Her thick, black hair came down to her middle and her red eyes sparkled. She looked somehow familiar. Oh right, she was the one Yoongi had talked to at the schoolyard.

Hyunjin nodded in response and sat on his place in the back row. The boy with him took place next to him.

“You look weird! What happened to your eye?”, someone around the age of fifteen asked him and laughed at him.

“He is cute!”, another girl about nineteen years old raved about him.

“Do you have a girlfriend?”, another boy asked him this time and his lips, “Are you married?”

Why would a boy care about this? Yoongi took a step back.

“Guys, leave him alone.”, the boy with the piercing ordered and picked up his brush, “Prepare for history class.”

Hyunjin smiled and read a book. Yoongi still stood in the door when the teacher finally appeared and entered the noisy classroom. Some students got up immediately and bowed. The teacher did not let them sit down until everyone got up and respectfully bowed. Yoongi had no idea how to behave in a class, certainly not in Daejeon. The last eight years he had been taught exclusively by Song Il-Kook at home. He entered insecurely and stood still in front of the students. A couple of the girls already whispered about him and giggled while some guys watched him silently.

“Well, newbie. Do you remember- Do you remember me?”, the teacher asked him with a frown.

Newbie? Yoongi squinted his eyes and examined the teacher from head to toe. It was the one from earlier. The one who had made him wait outside. Great, this idiot of all people had to be it. Yoongi's bad luck haunted him.

“I am grateful- Grateful that you are- You are in my classes.”, he declared proudly, “We will work on your behavior together.”

The teacher planned to make it hard for the boy. Yoongi did not care much about it though. All he wanted to do is attend this school until he was accepted in Daejeon as a resident and then find the Red Rose and the Bujeoks of the fighters of Gongju. Could some of these students be those fighters that Song Il-Kook had mentioned? All of them wore Hanbok, all of them were suspicious to Yoongi. It was not going to be easy.

“Yes, I did not know that you were my teacher. If I had known, I would have behaved accordingly. I would have made you put me into another class with a single action.”, Yoongi answered a little delayed.

The teacher gave him a warning look. He tought that the new boy was, in fact, badly brought up. His comrades did not seem to like his attitude as well, especially the students in the back row. Hyunjin had put his book aside and watched the new boy. Yoongi asked where he could sit and looked around. Most students avoided eye contact with him. Only Hyunjin looked at him.

“Take it easy, newbie! First introduce- Introduce yourself, then we- We will see where to put you.”, the teacher ordered and crossed his arms.

Unfortunately, Yoongi had an assignment to succeed, otherwise he would deal with the teacher. Maybe kill him. Yoongi gritted his teeth briefly and faked a smile.

“Alright... well, there is not much about me to tell. My name is AugustD, and I am eighteen years old. I am very good in sword arts, fighting techniques, poetry, history, and a great lyricist.”, he introduced himself, “I am in Daejeon, because my father wanted me to. I have been taught everything by him at home, so finally he wanted me to go to school. I do not know much about schools and classes with other students. To be honest, I do not care much. But here I am.”

Some laughed. Not about his stupid words but his conceited and down-looking manners. Yeah, it was pretty obvious that most students did not like him anymore. One of the younger boys asked him if he was alright and laughed at him. The teacher scolded the boy to stay quiet. Yoongi ignored him.

“AugustD you can sit down next to Jieun.”, the teacher said finally, “She might be a good influence on you.”

Yoongi looked across the rows of desks, discovered Jennie in the middle row, Hyunjin in the back row and next to him the boy with the pierced lips. What was his name? He had not heard his name yet. Yoongi asked who Jieun was and tilted his head. A girl with dark brown hair and ice blue eyes raised her hand, her glance was lowered. There were desks to her right and left still empty in the middle row. She sat somewhat remote from all the others. Was she a loner? Or maybe just shy? Yoongi took place to her left, so that no one else could sit next to him, because of the wall. Not once did he look at Jieun. She did not look up either. She did not seem talkative like all the other students. Jieun might be different. Maybe she was a descendant of a Dokkaebi? But how should Yoongi notice it. People of Dokkaebi descent did not want to attract attention, but every single student here did. Except Jieun. Maybe that was why she sat so lonely. Was she a descendant or simple human? Yoongi slowly started to get interested in her. Now and then he caught a glimpse at her and gave it a thought. Was there anything noticeable about her? Not really. She seemed very cute and shy. With each glimpse she reminded the boy of his mother. At some point he could not take his eyes off her anymore.

Time passed very slow. The teacher talked about Daejeon and about how the city had formed. All his words went in the right ear of Yoongi and out the other. His mind was set somewhere else. Suddenly the teacher slammed his book on Yoongi’s desk. Yoongi finally looked away from Jieun and frowned at the teacher.

“Are you- Are you dreaming?”, the teacher questioned him with a raised eyebrow and demanded, “Answer the question I asked you earlier.”

What was the question? What topic was discussed? Was it still about Daejeon? Yoongi silently shook his head and shrugged. His classmates laughed at him again. The teacher scolded the students and told them to be quiet. Then he asked Yoongi if he knew about the year Daejeon was formed. The year Daejeon was formed… Did Song Il-Kook tell him about this? He could not recall anymore. He only remembered that this city was the place for the banned people of Gongju. Some because of Dokkaebi descent, some because of false accusations. Before Yoongi could give him an answer, the gong sound ended the class. Finally, it was over. Surprisingly the teacher immediately hurried out of the classroom. It was almost eerie since he seemed to be more excited to leave the room than the students. As soon as the teacher left, a group of boys gathered in front of Yoongi’s desk. Jieun glanced at them briefly and then moved a little further to the right. She avoided the situation. She suspected nothing good. Yoongi watched her from the corner of his eyes and then looked to the group in front of him.

“So, AugustD it was, right?”, a boy with red eyes and black hair asked him, “Where are you from? You are not a resident. You have a really strange accent too.”

“Kyungsoo, leave him alone!”, Hyunjin ordered from his seat.

Yoongi turned around briefly and nodded thankfully. Then he paid attention to Kyungsoo. The boy was not as tall as the others, had the darkest expression among all students and eyes red like fire.

“Are you a Gongju-trash?”, said another boy mischievously, “You will never be accepted here.”

This was the second time he was called like this. But he ignored all their stupid remarks. He had no nerve for any of it. In the next second, Kyungsoo grabbed his collar and pulled him up. He threatened him to speak. Jennie got up and looked at Hyunjin, who kept sitting. The boy with the piercing stayed seated too. Jieun grabbed her brushes and scrolls and turned away. Yoongi held back for the sake of Song Il-Kook, but at some point, he finally had enough. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter