Childhood: Palace

The Dokkaebi - Vol. 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Taehyung

 

  

Lee Sung-gi took Taehyung to the palace where the head of the kingdom had his seat.

“Wait here for me. I will be back right away.”, the guard ordered and disappeared in another room.

The entrance hall that the little boy had to wait in was very huge. There were golden ornamental patterns on the red walls. The ceiling was vaulted and carried by four golden pillars. The hall was round, which made it appear even bigger. In the middle of the hall there were about eighteen medium-sized glass cases. They were set up in a circle. In each of the cases that were labeled with some ancient signs, there was a red pillow with an object put on it, that either looked like a sharp crystal or like a bracelet.

‘Fire’, ‘Ice’, ‘Water’, ‘Light’, ‘Earth’, ‘Darkness’ and ‘Air’ were the words spelled on the labels of seven cases. Taehyung had no clue about these cases and the objects in them. He still carefully observed all of them again. He stopped at the case with the label of ‘Ice’. There was an ice blue bracelet with a hint of red shimmering light set on a small pillow. Something about the bracelet lured the little boy to it as if it almost hypnotized him, but Lee Seung-gi’s voice tore Taehyung from it.

“V, we can go in now. Come on, we should not keep our Highness waiting. Do not forget about your manners.”, the guard explained.

The boy nodded nervously and approached Seung-gi. He reached for the guard's hand and gulped. He was a little nervous. What kind of person was this king? Excitement streamed through Taehyung’s body. Seung-gi slid open the door with a silent squeak. He entered the king’s room first and the little boy followed him in. He clutched the guard’s arm. Taehyung was curious indeed, yet he kept standing behind Seung-gi.

The room was more amazing than the lobby from before. It was huge and very overwhelming. Beautiful blue, fine ornamental patterns adorned the golden walls. The throne was made of pure gold and silver. Yes, the king was wealthy and the most important person in this kingdom. The little boy opened wide his emerald eyes while his jaw dropped. In front of the king’s throne, down the steps, was placed a big table. Along the table there were some pillows on the ground for people to kneel on and take a seat. A man aged around 65 or 66 sat on the throne and looked at the guard and the little boy, while scratching his beard. Another little boy stood next to his throne, about the same age as Taehyung.

Seung-gi lightly nudged Taehyung and shook off his hands. A sign for him to bow down and greet the king. Taehyung understood immediately and did so. The king smiled slightly and motioned them to take a seat. They sat down together at the table.

“Ah, the boy you already told me about, right Seung-gi?”, asked Byunghun and pointed towards Taehyung.

“Yes, your Highness. The examination of his bones revealed that he is around eight years old. His eyes are covered with Park Yoochun’s healing spell. His memories are set to zero. You know…”, the guard replied.

The king observed the boy and smiled the whole time.

“Hello, my name is Lee Byunghun, but call me ‘Highness’!”, he introduced himself, “I run this kingdom. What is your name?”

Byunghun already knew his name because of Seung-gi but he wanted to hear it from the boy's mouth. Taehyung stared at the king briefly, glanced at the little boy standing next to him and then at Seung-gi for a moment.

“I... Me… My name is Park V but call me V please. I am only a resident of Gongju.”, Taehyung finally answered nervously, “Can I also become a king?”

Seung-gi coughed and cleared his throat at Taehyung’s words and Byunghun laughed out loud. Very loud. He was very amused by Taehyung’s question. Nobody joined his laughter, neither the little boy who stood next to the old king. As Byunghun calmed down somewhat he looked at his underling.

“Do you know about his family? His parentage?”, he asked the guard.

Seung-gi shook his head, embarrassed.

“His blood is black.”, he informed the king, “So he is a descended from Sandara, a Dokkaebi.”

Byunghun raised an eyebrow and observed Taehyung more accurately.

“His eyes are not red.”, he stated, “He is not a pureblood but a Hybrid. Find out who his parents were right away. If they are still alive, find out if they are purebloods or whether they are already mixed.”

Seung-gi nodded o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter