Childhood: Memories

The Dokkaebi - Vol. 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Yoongi

 

He got stronger. His fingers, hands and feet were hardened from training. Meanwhile Yoongi became already eleven years old, and his brother Taehyung would turn nine in about eight weeks. Almost a year had passed since the incident. The kidnapping of his brother, his father's departure, the death of his mother Bona... Time passed so quickly.

Yoongi took the training sessions with Song Il-Kook much more seriously than before. His plan to get revenge on the kidnapper became his number one goal, because everything happened because of that bastard. It all started with the kidnapping of Taehyung.

“Yoongi, concentrate! Hit again into my left palm with your right fist! Do not stop until you get the right technique. It should not hurt your knuckles.”, Song Il-Kook ordered, “Combine that with a left kick.”

He trained his adopted son hard. Day and night they kept working out together. Yoongi tried hard. He gave all he got. He wanted to become an amazing fighter. He did not want to disappoint his foster father. Yoongi stood in front of the nobleman and he took a stable position, nodded as a sign that he was going to start. His right fist bumped hard into the left palm of Song Il-Kook, and his left kick was blocked instantly by the nobleman. Each fist blow would be followed by a slight breeze.

“Good, that is very good!”, Song Il-Kook praised him with one big grin, “Keep your fists tight when you are punching! And hold your balance when you are kicking with your foot. You can do it! Come on!”

Yoongi followed his instructions, but slowly did his limbs hurt even more than before. Song Il-Kook would block all his attacks fast and sturdy. He would also fight back, so that the boy would also think of defending himself. Nevertheless, Yoongi would not stop, he even did not want to take a break. His will was far too strong. He would not give in to pain, however Song Il-Kook noticed the exhaustion in the way of his breathing and therefore suggested a break. Yoongi disagreed naturally. He had no plans in taking a break now. No.

“My son, I am not young anymore. Old people like me need a break. Enough for now!”, explained the nobleman commanding.

“Alright, but only ten minutes!”, Yoongi relented.

Song Il-Kook shook his head with a laugh.

“How about a warm bath?”, he asked spontaneously.

“Sure... but…”, the boy replied, nodded and knew exactly that after the bath the training would be no longer continued, “Why not.”

His foster father patted his back, and they went to the small hot spring together. Their bathrobes were already put neat on the ground. As they undressed and Yoongi was ready to jump into the water in his underwear, Song Il-Kook once again noticed an ancient character on Yoongi’s left ankle. The nobleman had seen it several times, but he never asked about it. Song Il-Kook had never approached and asked about Yoongi’s family nor about his past. Now it was about time.

“Taehyung? Is it your father's name?”, he asked curiously.

In Gongju, many fathers would get their five-year-old children tattooed with the ancient character or symbol of the family-clan on the left ankle. It was a sign of true family pride. To put a name instead of the family-clan was somehow weird. This was a first kind of family-tattoo, which the nobleman had never seen. Song Il-Kook already knew that the boy was from the Jung-family, a well-known bloodline in Gongju and a physically talented family with great fighting techniques. Since the nobleman already knew about his origin, he assumed that it was his father’s name.

The boy managed to stay out of water and turned towards his foster father. At first Yoongi did not understand what the nobleman was talking about then he became sad and thoughtful as he knelt and touched his ankle.

“No, my little brother's name is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter