Childhood: Seperation

The Dokkaebi - Vol. 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Yoongi

 

 

It had been two weeks since Taehyung's kidnapping. Bona was still in utter shock. Yoongi noticed her depression more and more each day passing. This shock just did not want to go away. This shock would not let his mother go. Yoongi could not ease her pain. His very existence was no longer affecting Bona. She totally blocked her emotions towards anything else but her missing son Taehyung. Two weeks ago, Bona was very pretty. She had put a lot of effort for her appearance. Her ruby hair had shimmered every day. Now she looked like a living corpse. She absolutely was no longer interested in life. Her hair was matted, her eyes had dark circles and her bags under the eyes were monstrous, besides, she started to stink. Yoongi became drawn into the depths because of her situation. It was awful.

Bona went into the kitchen and prepared something to eat for her remaining older son. Yoongi followed her and sat down at the empty table. One day after Taehyung went missing, Bona threw away the cake and all that good meal. She cried unstoppable and destroyed some dishes out of rage and pain. She could not control her emotions, but now after two weeks she seemed like an emotionless woman.
Yoongi missed his brother and father very much. He even missed his mother, even though she was with him all the time. When he looked at his mother, he would cry every now and then. Bona was still mentally absent therefore she never noticed anything concerning him. Yoongi longed for the days before everything bad happened. He would do anything to turn back time.
Bona served him the food and sat across her son. Yoongi fold his hands and thanked his mother for the meal before he started to devour it. Once again, it tasted bad. The amount of salt was itching his tongue and nose. It was a disgusting taste, but he kept eating because he knew his mother was a skilled cook. It was her passion after all. He would not stop until his plate was empty. Nothing was like it used to be. After Yoongi finished eating, he got up and laboriously put the dishes in the sink. Bona again did not eat. She got up, tipped her plate into the garbage, and washed the dishes. She lost her grip and one of the plates fell to the kitchen floor. As she tried to pick up the shards, she cut her middle finger. It immediately started to bleed. Black blood oozed out of her wound. Yoongi stood still and watched his mother, as this event reminded him of that evening when his little brother broke the vase of their mother.
Bona sobbed briefly but held back her tears. Or maybe she had run out of tears. Yoongi wanted to help treating her wound, but she shoved him aside once again. She went out of the kitchen and got a bandage to stop her wound from bleeding. Yoongi carefully swept up the shards of the plate, dumped them in the trash and wiped away the drops of black blood. He once again recalled the evening he was accused of breaking the vase. Yoongi would give his all to get back to that evening, if it only would make his brother and father return. He would agree to be scolded for everything, if only they would unite.
When Bona came back she silently put the clean dishes in the cupboards. Her finger was wrapped with a bandage and her wound had already stopped bleeding. She then walked out of the kitchen again and left behind her older son. Yoongi stayed back alone. He sat down at the sink, wrapped his arms around his knees and he sobbed again. He buried his face in his arms and cried. He felt unloved, like an unwanted child. Did his parents not care for him at all? Did they not love him as much as they loved him two weeks ago? Maybe they blamed him for the kidnapping of Taehyung.

After a while the boy calmed down, went to his room, and lay down on Taehyung’s untouched bed. He just wanted to sleep. Maybe it was all just a nightmare, which he would wake up from if he fell asleep now. Maybe his brother would be back already the next day. Yoongi closed his eyes and clenched his golden necklace before falling asleep.
About an hour later the door to the room was opened slowly. Bona stepped in and approached Yoongi.

She lay down next to her son, wrapped her arms around him and whispered softly: "I am sorry, honey. I know it is hard for you too, but you will be fine, you can cope with it. Forgive me for not being a good mother these past days. I love you, my son."

Her voice was rough. Her emerald eyes filled up with tears. Yoongi snuggled tighter in her arms and breathed peacefully. He noticed that his mother smelled good. She finally had taken a bath. He smiled in her arms. Bona caressed his jet-black hair and kissed him gently on the forehead one last time. Then her breath caught, and her chest cramped.

When Yoongi woke up he had a queasy feeling in the stomach. He felt sick and had sweated a lot in his sleep. He tried to wake his mother, but she did not respond.

"Mother? Wake up”, he whispered with a scratchy voice.

He held her wounded hand. It was ice cold. Yoongi thought his mother was freezing, but that was not the case. She drooled white foam and her pupils were replaced by the white of her eyeballs.

Yoongi's eyes widened when he realized what was had happened. His whole body trembled, and he screamed in fear. He was horrified at the glance of his mother.

“No! Mother! No!”, he shouted again and again.

Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter