Adolescence: Failed

The Dokkaebi - Vol. 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Yoongi

Sujong

  

Yoongi rushed home immediately. Three days? He could not wait for so long. Why could he not keep his mouth shut? Why did he have to tell his enemies about where he lived? How stupid could he be? The words just came out of his mouth as if something was trying to prevent him from lying. What an unforgivable mistake! What a way to fail the first assignment! What kind of stupid situation did he get himself into? And what was that strange feeling when he met the boy with the ice-blue eyes? He felt weird when he stared him right into the eyes. But why? What was that all about? How could he be so stupid? Yoongi had to confess his foster father, the leader, immediately about his mistake. Luckily those two stupid boys had let him go.

He jerked the door open and immediately ran into the living room.

“Father! I-”, he wanted to confess right away.

Damn the entire room was darkened. It was black everywhere. Yoongi burst in the assembly, even in colored clothes. Everyone looked at him in surprise and looked back at their leader with serious faces. Why were they here? Did they not meet at the temple in Sujong? Seemed like there were some other issues to be talked over. Song Il-Kook noticed that something was off with the young boy. He signaled his fighters to stay seated and waved at his adopted son. He wanted him to speak up.

“They…”, Yoongi hesitated because he felt ashamed about his mistake but then he yelled hysterically, “They will come! I- I told them about our whereabouts! We have to get out of here immediately!”

Everyone opened their eyes and some suddenly appeared very angry. Song Il-Kook got up, bowed to his fighters in an apologetic mannerism and pulled his adopted son out of the room. He dragged Yoongi into the kitchen and closed the door behind him.

“What are you saying? What is happening? Why are you back already?”, he wanted to know, “Did you talk to Shim Changmin?”

Yoongi shook his head and lowered his gaze before he looked back up to the nobleman.

“I am sorry. I am really sorry, I have messed up!”, he began to say, “They have caught me... I told them where we live...”

Song Il-Kook looked at him in disbelief. It really was not a good time for jokes.

“I am serious! I had my assignment so early canceled because I needed to warn you about my mistake!”, Yoongi informed the leader, “Father! They will come!”

“Now take a deep breath. Relax, alright?”, the nobleman soothed him, “Yes, you failed your assignment for returning so early, sure, but it is not so bad.”

Yoongi looked at him stubbornly.

“Father, do you not understand? We must go! Let us go to Sujong. They know we are in Gongju!”, he continued hectically, “It is not Shim Changmin I have talked to! I could not even meet him! The guards and the fighters… they will come and get us! I am sure of it! They will not keep it as a secret! They will tell on me! I… I am so sorry… I- I-”

Song Il-Kook backed away.

“What in the actual world did you do?!”, he asked, now shocked, “Whom did you talk to?!”

He left his son standing, hurried into the living room and told his fighters about the situation. Yoongi stood there scared and did not know how he ever could make amends. The others hated him anyway because he was the leader's adoptive son. Now he had added fuel into the fire with his stupid actions. He had put them in danger. They definitely loathed him now.

When the nobleman came back into the kitchen, he immediately ordered the boy to calm down, rush to his room, pack up his stuff and to erase all his traces.

“Do not leave any data about yourself behind! No paintings, no writings, no pictures, nothing that would lead them to you!”, added Song Il-Kook.

Yoongi nodded and immediately hurried to his room. It was all his fault. What had he done? He had destroyed their peaceful life. How stupid of him. How stupid. He packed everything important and memorable in a hurry, returned to the kitchen and met his foster father again, who already waited for him with his big bag. Yoongi was ashamed. Song Il-Kook shook his head and went up to him.

“Do not worry about it. It is half as bad as you think.”, he tried to calm his son down.

Tears suddenly appeared in Yoongi's eyes. He immediately wiped them away with his sleeves. Song Il-Kook put his hand on the boy’s shoulder and comforted him with a soft voice.

“Do not cry, my son. We will be back sooner than you think.”, he assured him, “Do not forget, Shim Changmin is one of my men. And the king’s words are ultimate. My words are his words.”

Yoongi sobbed and hugged his foster father. What was wrong with him? Since when was he like that again? He had to calm down right away. Nobody was used to him crying like that anymore. The last time he cried was when he hoped to meet his father at the palace. Back when his hopes of reuniting were crashed. But now, the tears just kept coming like back then. He should not cry like a child. He was a member of the Black Army now. He could not show emotions like this. No way. But damn, he did. And he could not help it. Song Il-Kook patted him gently and grabbed tight his own bag.

“Come with me.”, he ordered and walked towards the dark forest.

When Yoongi finally had calmed down, he grabbed his bags and left the property too. One last time he glanced over his shoulder before entering the dark forest.

They hurried to the black temple in Sujong. When they arrived, the fighters were already waiting for them. All of them were angry with the boy, who simply had told their enemies the whereabouts of their leader. This was called betrayal and should be punished with death. The leader's safety was top priority and Yoongi had disregarded it. In their eyes this boy was no longer considered as a loyal member. He should have kept silent, regardless of whether he was threatened with death or not. The situation was tense and hard to miss. Song Il-Kook immediately stepped between his adopted son and his army.

“Mistakes happen to all of us. To tell on my property was not the smartest to do, but Yoongi also put himself in danger.”, he defended his son, “I will inform Shim Changmin about it so that we can return soon. Until then, we will hold the meetings in this temple.”

They held meetings in the temple often, however most of them happened in the Giwajib, since it was already seated in Gongju. Leaving and entering Gongju without getting noticed was difficult. So, these fighters mostly stayed in the outskirts of the kingdom, hidden in the underground or suburbs. The fighters had no other choice but to accept. One however, behaved extremely restlessly.

“Brother Yoongi is a danger to you, sir.”, he suddenly shouted and caught the eye of his colleagues, “He is going to bring you harm. Please Sir, pass him on to us so that he is not treated different from us.”

Song Il-Kook, of course, paid him all his attention and lend him an understanding ear.

“My loyal fighters! I do not make a difference between you and my son. You are all important to me. You are all my brothers and sons! There is no leader, if there are no men to follow his orders.”, he admitted and continued, pointing to Yoongi, “He will get a fair punishment. Tie him to the stake at the edge of the dark forest and let him hang there overnight.”

Yoongi panicked. Suddenly all fighters bowed in satisfaction. Two of the hundred men grabbed the boy's arms and dragged him away. Yoongi thre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter