Presence: Lost and Found

The Dokkaebi - Vol. 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Yoongi & Yunho

Daejeon

 

  

As if paralyzed, he faced his father. Yoongi could not move, his thoughts were running wild.

“So... are you finally telling me what you have been up to all these years?”, Yunho asked again.

Yoongi searched for words, but how could he tell his father about it? How should he tell his own father that he were part of his worst enemy?

Yunho eyed him questioningly.

“Well, if you do not want to, of course you do not have to tell me, my son. Let me hug you one more time”, he finally said.

Yoongi stepped back and lifted defensively his arms.

“I lived with mother for two weeks, after you left. Then I ran away and tried to get along on the street because our house was sold. Not for long though, because I met a nice and rich man at the bazaar.”, the boy answered hesitantly, “He raised me with love. He taught me. I lived with him until recently... He became the father to me, who you could not be back then.”

The last words were stab wounds straight into Yunho’s heart. Did Yoongi consciously choose these harsh words? Yes, most likely. Because his father deserved it, because the boy was left alone. Yunho did not show his emotions about this, at least he tried to keep them from his son.

“Introduce him to me. I have to show my gratitude.”, he suggested instead with a gentle voice.

Yoongi lifted his head as the sound of a gong reverberated in the hallway. He glanced down the aisle. The students of the huge building started to enter. Some of them wore Hanboks and some wore super weird clothes. Some seemed like the students from the kingdom, some seemed foreign.

“He lives in Gongju... Umm... I must go see the head of this place now… Break is over.”, Yoongi answered unfocused.

He tried to evade his father's questions but no chance. Yunho did not give up now.

“Before you go, I want an answer...”, his father demanded suddenly.

Many students watched the two as they passed them. The new student and the caretaker from Gongju were in an argument. They noticed it. Yoongi gasped for breath.

“Good, I will tell you. But please listen to me without interrupting”, the boy asked quickly.

His father nodded understandingly.

“His name is Song-”, Yoongi paused for a moment to look into his father's eyes for the last time before becoming his enemy, “Song Il-Kook, the leader of the Black Army.”

Yunho raised a brow and looked at his son. As Yoongi's expression remained serious, Yunho finally realized that this was not a joke. He took a step back as his hands shook. This could not be true. This had to be a malicious joke, right? How could his son end up with the enemy?

“Tell me that you are not serious! Tell me it is not true. Deny it!”, he yelled at his son in shock.

They drew everyone's attention. Jennie and Hyunjin watched them from the corners. Yoongi lowered his head and stared to the floor. He just silently shook his head. Yunho could not believe it.

“Do you not know what the Black Army caused?”, he scolded the boy, “They are the reason we are in this situation! How could you join them?”

The students passed them whispering and entered their classrooms.

Yoongi got a lump in his throat. Why was he scared of his father? He had no fear otherwise. Nothing or anyone would scare him. Yoongi felt not sorry for being a member of the Black Army. He owed that to Song Il-Kook. It was him who helped the boy out of his misery. The nobleman was fatherlier than Yunho had ever been. The Black Army might be to blame for his family situation, but it was Yunho who had easily left him behind all alone. No, Song Il-Kook meant far more to the boy than any other person.

“Yoongi, you did not join, did you? Did- Did he force you to do it?”, Yunho asked worried and grabbed Yoongi’s arms tightly, “As long as I live, I will not let you join! You cannot be that ignorant and stupid!”

Yoongi lifted his glance and looked Yunho right into the eyes. He then jerkily shook off his father’s hands and frowned at him. Yes, there it was, the hatred in the pitch-black eyes of the eighteen-year-old.

“I am already a fighter of the Black Army. I make my own decisions, whether you like it or not. There is no way back now.”, Yoongi admitted and pushed his father away, “And if only death can keep you from interfering, so will it be. I am no longer the little ten-year-old boy you left behind.”

He threatened his father with death. Did he really hate him so much, or did he say these things because he was deeply hurt? Was it because his heart was filled with hatred thanks to joining the enemy?

Yunho approached his son, grabbed his arms, and squeezed so much, that his fingers drilled them. Jennie and Hyunjin exchanged glances. Should they interfere?

“You would kill me, your father, to stay with them? To stay with those who are to blame for the death of your mother? The ones that are to blame for your brother's disappearance?”, he questioned the sanity of his son and continued with an angry expression, “They must have brainwashed you! I will not let them have you! I will get you out of there.”

Yoongi had enough. He dropped his backpack, grabbed the hands of his father, and shook them off once again. With a quick vigorous touch on Yunho’s chest the boy pushed his father away once again. Yunho crashed against a wall but managed to keep his standing. Jennie gasped all surprised and Hyunjin grinned at the action. The new boy and this caretaker were definitely interesting people.

“You. Are. No. Longer. A. Part. Of. My. Life. Jung. Yunho.”, he hissed at his father.

For the first time he called his father by name. Yunho's hand trembled as he clenched his chest and took a deep breath. What powerful touch was this? Yoongi had become very strong. Way too strong for his age. Yunho bit his lips.

“So, you are in Daejeon because of the Red Rose. Is it an order?”, Yunho stated quietly and coughed, “Your soul is lost, my son... Prepare yourself for a battle against me, my son. No, you are no longer my son. You are part of the evil. I will kill you.”

Yoongi was out of reach for him now. The boy had abandoned his pure soul when he joined the Black Army. He had become his very enemy. Except their blood, the two were no longer related. After his words, Yunho coughed again and then quietly left the hallway. All students had long been in their clas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter