His Kingdom

I'm Only Me When I'm With You

As Myung Jung stared at the old man in the bed,he felt a movement in the room,and it was his Father's Minister.He was also his father's  childhood friend and classmates.He got this solemn look in his face.he must be feeling sorry for his friend ,who is laying on the bed.The two of them has been through a lot.from their fights when they were just kids ,all the way to college ,until both of them got married and have kids..He called him his Uncle and his wife his Aunt.They were their second parents,growing up.

"He has not been feeling well lately and he has been asking for you." he said in a low tone,careful not to wake the King ."We have been looking for you,for quite sometime now."

Jung Myung looked at his Uncle."Where is Woo Jeon?He is supposed to be here taking care of him." he asked.

"You know your brother.He is in London,partying with his friends,what else.You know he doesn't care for your Father and for all of these.Your Father needs you.You have to go home." he said in a firm voice."Your Father and your Kingdom needs you,will you let all of this crumbles ,just because of a woman?"

"It is more than a woman,and you know that." he answered.

"But she is gone now,there is nothing that you can do about that now.Just forgive your Father.He just wants what is best for you." he said.

"Best for me or for this place.And losing my Mother in return." he said with much bitterness in his voice.

"He is still your Father and this is still your domain.You are still the rightful heir to all of this.Would you like this place go to ruin?Just remember five generations of your family has run this place." his Uncle said.

"My brother can rule over and have all of this.I am not interested,I already given up my rights,and my Father has already disowned me.I have nothing to do with this anymore." he said as he took a deep breath.He didn't know that his past will come back to haunt him ,after ten years..and yes he never thought that he will find himself in this place again.

"Your father has never written you out.You are still the rightful heir,and not your brother.He knows that you will be the better and able king than your brother will be .Think about all of this.Think carefully before you decide." he said calmly,as he left him in the room.

Myung Jung stared at his Father...He has never seen him in ten years,and yes he looked so old now and so weak,not the powerful king that he was before.Not the formidable King ,who wants things his way and his words are always a command to everybody...How he hated him growing up.How he hated him,for keeping them apart.How he hated him,for losing his child,a child he never knew,just because she is not a suitable wife for him and suitable mother for his child.He can never forgive him for doing that.And all because of a crown?Is it all worth it? They can never agree on anything and he will never be like him..even though he is is his Father's son......as a tear find his way in his cheeks....thinking of his unborn child,thinking of the woman he used to love and thinking of the Mother,who gave him love growing up.....And  yes he is the one responsible for him not being there for them....He  wants very much to be in his mother's deathbed ,so that he can hold her hand before she goes.he wants to be a man for his woman,and a father to his baby,but because of him,he was not able to do that at all....he can never  forgive him ,even in a thousand of years....