Intruders

My person

Jiyeon got to school early that morning, she hoped to see Jungmin. Their date at the arcade the previous week was wonderful and she couldn’t help but to fall even more for him.

She sighed when the time went by and she didn’t get to see him. She was outside of her classroom when Sojin arrived.

“Hi Jiyeon.” She greeted her with a smile.

“Hi.” Jiyeon answered back also with a smile.

Sojin went inside the classroom and left her things in her seat. She then went back to Jiyeon.

“You seem to be disappointed about something. What is it?” She asked.

Jiyeon looked at her surprised. She never expected Sojin to approach her for something that didn’t have to do with school.

“Um, it’s nothing.” She answered simply.

“Hey come on. I saw you sighing, tell me, sometimes it’s better to tell your friends about your worries, you’ll feel less burdened.” Sojin insisted.

“Friends?” Jiyeon frowned a little in confusion.

“Sure! We’re friends right?” Sojin said to her smiling.

Jiyeon smiled to her as well. She had to accept that she was really happy. She never thought that she would be able to be friends with one of the most popular girls in her class.

“Yeah. I guess so.” Jiyeon said.

Just then the teacher of the class arrived so they had to stop talking and get inside the classroom.

 

“So you’re friends with Sojin now?” Woohyun asked her when they were having their lunch.

“She said so and I decided to give it a try, I don’t have any female close friend.” Jiyeon said with a smile.

“That’s great.” Myungsoo said with a smile as well.

“Try to open up to her a little; you’re really introverted with strangers. But you two have talked a couple of times, so just relax and let things go with the flow.” Dongwoo told her.

Jiyeon nodded to him.

“But it’s a shame.” Sungjong suddenly said.

Everyone turned to look at him.

“Why do you say so?” Jiyeon asked confused.

“If you’ll become friends with that girl and also get a boyfriend, you won’t spend time with us like this anymore.” He said pouting.

Jiyeon blushed upon the boyfriend topic and Myungsoo crossed his arms in annoyance.

“Even if Jungmin and I start a relationship I won’t leave you guys aside. I’ll never do that, don’t worry.” She reassured him. “And about Sojin, she’s my classmate so I see her almost all day; I’ll still have lunch with you all.”

“Well I wouldn’t be so sure about that.” Sungkyu said with his gaze fixed on something behind Jiyeon.

Just when she was about to ask him what did he meant by that; she felt someone embracing her from behind.

“Jiyeon!” Sojin said cheerfully.

“Sojin.” She answered surprised.

“I was looking for you.” She said and then turned to look at the boys. “Oh, hello everyone.” She greeted them smiling.

The boys greeted her back and Sojin talked to Jiyeon again.

“I was looking for you everywhere.”

“Really? Why?” Jiyeon asked her.

“Our next class is math and I didn’t solve some problems of the homework. If I don’t finish them the teacher will scold me. Can you help me please?” She asked Jiyeon with a hoping stare.

Jiyeon laughed a little before answering.

“Sure, did you bring your notebook?” She asked her.

“No. I thought it would be better if we could solve them in the classroom. I’ll be able to concentrate more.” Sojin said to her.

Jiyeon seemed to be troubled by the particular request of Sojin. She turned to see the boys. Myungsoo smiled at her and Sungyeol was the one to speak.

“Go with her. We can gather up some other time.”

Jiyeon thanked him and bid farewell to the guys, Sojin did the same and both went away.

“You know what, this girl Sojin. For some reason I don’t trust her.” Hoya said when the girls were far enough to not hear them.

“I agree.” Sungkyu said.

“Let’s hope it’s just your imagination. I don’t think she’s actually that bad. And it would be great if she and Jiyeon can actually become friends.” Myungsoo said, his eyes fixed on Jiyeon until he couldn’t see her anymore.

 

Even when Myungsoo hoped for things to be different, that kind of scene became quite common. Sojin always looked for Jiyeon when she was with them, sometimes they didn’t even see her because Sojin already asked for her help before lunchtime. He genuinely thought it was great that Jiyeon was able to make a new friend. But he wasn’t used to not see her that much. Sure, she still hanged out with them from time to time after school, but it was just weird.

Myungsoo sighed and kept playing with the food on his plate with the fork.

“Don’t play with your food.” Sungkyu suddenly said.

The boy sighed again and dropped the fork.

“If you miss her that much, just go for her.” Sungjong said to him.

“I can’t, she’s with Sojin I mustn’t interfere, I don’t want to annoy her.” He answered with irritation.

“She’s the one who doesn’t give Jiyeon any space, she’s the annoying one.” Dongwoo answered him.

The boys remained silent; everyone actually thought the same as Dongwoo. Sojin at first seemed like a nice girl, but they were starting to dislike her since she was keeping Jiyeon by her side almost everyday.

“I told you that I didn’t trust her.” Hoya said.

Myungsoo suddenly got up from the table and went away.

I must give her space, maybe we’re overthinking things. If she’s happy then I’m happy, even if I don’t see her as much as before. He thought.

Just when he was in the middle of his thoughts, he spotted Jiyeon some meters ahead of him, she was alone so he thought it was a great chance to spend some time with her. However when he was walking to her, Jungmin asked for her attention. Myungsoo stopped and saw the interaction between them; Jiyeon was acting all nervous and Jungmin seemed to be as nervous as her.

For some reason he felt really angry, he couldn’t stand that sight anymore and decided to return with the guys.

 

Jiyeon didn’t expect to encounter Jungmin, she happened to finish explaining something to Sojin quickly, so she still had some time and decided to meet with Myungsoo and the boys, but suddenly Jungmin came across her and asked to have a talk.

Now they were walking to the nearest bench to talk.

I can’t believe this. We’re really close right now; I never thought I would be able to spend time with him like this. Jiyeon thought excited.

Once they were seated, Jungmin was the one to start the conversation.

“I haven’t saw you that much in lunchtime as before.” He told her casually.

“Oh, that’s because I help Sojin with some subjects, so I spend most of my time with her.” Jiyeon explained with a smile.

“Sojin? So you’re friends with her; that explains it.” Jungmin said thoughtful.

“Explains what?” Jiyeon asked with curiosity.

“It’s just that a friend of mine likes her, so when he showed me who she was, you happened to be with her.” Jungmin explained her.

Jiyeon just nodded and remained silent.

“To be honest, since that day I wanted to approach you.” Jungmin said shyly. Jiyeon turned to see him surprised. “I’ve liked you since that day. But I want to know you more, because I know the looks aren’t everything. I mean, you’re really pretty, don’t get me wrong.”

Jiyeon laughed nervously and Jungmin also laughed.

“I understand what you’re trying to say don’t worry.” She assured him.

Jungmin smiled at her relieved, a little blush on the faces of both. Suddenly the bell announcing the end of lunchtime rang.

“We should head back; I’ll walk you to your classroom.” Jungmin said to her.

Jiyeon agreed and both walked there. Jugnmin dropped her and bid farewell.

 

Two weeks passed by like that. Jiyeon grew closer to Sojin and to Jungmin. Myungsoo was feeling a bit down about it since he wasn’t able to spend time with her as before, but happy at the same time since the girl seemed really happy with her new interactions.

“It seems that Jungmin is really interested in Jiyeon.” Woohyun said.

The boys were seating in the stands around the soccer field, since the classes were already over and wanted to spend a little more time together there.

“Yes, I’ve heard that he looks for her a lot these days.” Sungkyu agreed with him.

“I don’t like it.” Myungsoo said angrily.

Sungkyu chuckled and put a hand over Myungsoo’s shoulders.

“We know that, but we told you to confess to her a lot of times and you still didn’t.” Sungkyu said to him. “So don’t complain now.”

“That’s not it.” Myungsoo shoved him off. “Besides, I also have told you countless times that I don’t like her in that way. I don’t like that guy because of the rumors.” He explained.

“What are you talking about?” Hoya asked seriously.

“Haven’t you heard them? He actually has some fame as a womanizer.” Myungsoo said angrily.

“Oh come on Myungsoo, you are a womanizer as well.” Dongwoo said to him.

“We aren’t talking about me.” He answered annoyed.

“But you can’t believe blindly in rumors, maybe they aren’t even true; and in case they are, how can you know that he will hurt her? What if he’s willing to do things the right way with her?” Sungyeol questioned him.

Myungsoo wasn’t able to debate that point, so he sighed and remained silent.

“Oh it’s Jiyeon.” Sungjong suddenly said.

The guys looked in the direction that Sungjong was looking and spotted the girl with Jungmin. He was giving her a bouquet of roses. She had a bright smile across her face, same with him. Myungsoo frowned upon the scene and then looked away.

Jungmin gave her a kiss in the cheek and then went away. Jiyeon stood there looking at him until she couldn’t see him anymore. She then turned to the guys and walked to them.

“Hi” She said cheerfully to everyone once she was in front of them.

“Hello there, you still remember us?” Sungkyu asked her.

“Come on, I still hang out with you guys, don’t be jealous.” She teased back.

Sungkyu laughed and Sungjong spoke.

“But I was right, since you’re Sojin’s friend and Jungmin’s girlfriend you have distanced from us.” He said with a dramatic tone.

“Hey come on, stop making it hard for our girl in love.” Woohyun said with a smile.

“First of all, I’m not Jungmin’s girlfriend.” Jiyeon answered.

“You mean, you’re not his girlfriend yet.” Hoya .

Jiyeon blushed and laughed nervously.

“Roses? How original.” Myungsoo suddenly said annoyed.

Jiyeon turned to look at him and noticed that he wasn’t looking at her. She smiled and approached him.

“What? Jealous?” She .

“Whatever.” He answered not looking at her.

Jiyeon remained silent and looked at him more attentively. She sat beside him and let the bucket of roses aside.

“Hey, is everything okay?” She asked now worried.

Myungsoo sighed and looked at her. He noticed the worried stare she was giving him and sighed.

“Can you excuse us for a moment?” Myungsoo said to the boys.

Before they could answer him, he took Jiyeon by her hand and leaded her to another place.

Jiyeon followed him in silence, keeping her hand in his’. Once they were far enough from the guys for them to see or hear them, Myungsoo stopped and let go of Jiyeon’s hand, he wasn’t looking at her.

“What’s happening?” Jiyeon asked him.

Myungsoo sighed again before starting to talk.

“I don’t like him.” He said in a low voice.

“Huh?” Jiyeon said.

“I don’t like you being near Jungmin.” He said while turning around to face her.

Jiyeon frowned and crossed her arms.

“Why?” She asked annoyed.

“Haven’t you heard what people say about him?” Myungsoo asked her a bit angry.

“I obviously have heard. It’s exactly the same as everyone says about you and almost every boy in here, so what?” She answered.

Myungsoo sighed in frustration. Not only Dongwoo but Jiyeon also compared them.

“Are you telling me you don’t care?!” He asked her angrily.

“Why should I? It’s just gossip, but that’s the less I care about now; what I want to know is, why are you so angry?!” She asked him angrily as well.

Myungsoo remained silent. To be honest, even he couldn’t understand why it annoyed him so much the fact that Jiyeon was hanging out with Jungmin.

Maybe what Sungkyu always say is true… No, it can’t be, I don’t like Jiyeon that way.

“I just don’t want you to end up being hurt by him.” Myungsoo said.

“You’re angry at me just because of that?” Jiyeon asked annoyed.

Myungsoo sighed heavily before answering.

“Listen I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have talked to you that way.”

Jiyeon looked at him angrily, Myungsoo knew he was acting like a child and he was starting to feel embarrassed.

“You know what, go home and calm down. We’ll see each other tomorrow.” Jiyeon said to him seriously and then turned around to go back to get her belongings.

“Wait Jiyeon.” Myungsoo called her before she could go away.

“What?” Jiyeon asked turning around once again to face him.

“Is everything alright between you and Sojin?” He asked.

Jiyeon frowned again, but this time because of confusion.

“Yes, why do you ask?” She answered.

“Don’t get me wrong, this has nothing to do with Jungmin, but for some reason I don’t like her.” Myungsoo started to explain.

“Another one you don’t like Myungsoo?” She asked with clear annoyance reflected in her voice.

“I’m serious Jiyeon, I don’t know, but it seems as if she just cares about you helping her with assignments, at first I thought it was a good idea if you both became friends, but now, from what I see, I think she’s just using you.” He said sincerely.

Jiyeon sighed heavily and then looked at him. Myungsoo knew it, she was furious at him.

Maybe it wasn’t the right time to tell her about Sojin.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” Jiyeon just answered him and turned around in order to go away.

Myungsoo sighed heavily as well.

Yes it definitely wasn’t the right time.

 

After that discussion, Jiyeon and Myungsoo distanced from each other. Jiyeon couldn’t understand Myungsoo’s behavior and believed he didn’t have the right to claim anything to her. Myungsoo on the other hand, knew he behaved really childish and owed an apology to Jiyeon.

But everytime he tried to approach her, she was either with Sojin or Jungmin, which ended up annoying him and not wanting to talk to her.

 

A month passed by like that, the boys always nagged Myungsoo about the fact that Jiyeon didn’t hang out with them that much because of him. Jiyeon actually kept her promise and never distanced completely from the boys, but because of the fact that Myungsso and her quarreled; she spent short times with them, since she didn’t want to see him.

“Dude are you really not planning to fix things with Jiyeon?” Hoya asked Myungsoo during lunchtime.

Myungsoo just sighed heavily.

“Let them be, sooner or later they’ll have to talk.” Sungkyu said.

Even when Sungkyu liked to tease Myungsoo the most, he knew the boy was confused and hurt, so he tried to lift some weight from his shoulders.

“Yes, but because of their fight, now we can’t see Jiyeon that much and she always seems uncomfortable around us.” Sungjong remarked.

“If you want to see her that much, then just go, forget about me and let me be, okay?” Myungsoo answered angrily before standing up and going away.

The boy was walking randomly, trying to calm down, he was tired of the situation and decided to make up things with Jiyeon. He acknowledged that no matter what he said, she would end up being Jungmin’s girlfriend.

Suddenly a scene happened in front of his eyes that just confirmed what he was thinking.

 

Jiyeon sighed for the millionth time that day, Jungmin, who was sitting beside her, chuckled.

“Are you telling me what’s happening?” He asked with a smile.

“Huh?” Jiyeon asked snapping out of her thoughts.

“You’ve been sighing the whole day, is something wrong?” He asked gently.

“Oh, I’m sorry” she made a pause “It’s nothing.”

“It’s because of Myungsoo, right?” He asked.

Jiyeon widened her eyes and was about to deny it, but when she saw the understanding gaze of Jungmin she sighed again and put her chin over her hands.

“He’s just a kid, he got angry at me for nothing.” She just answered.

“He’s angry at you because of me, am I wrong?” He asked.

“Well, kind of.” She said.

Jungmin chuckled.

“Maybe he’s now regretting not asking you out before me.” Jungmin said with a smile.

“What?” Jiyeon chuckled in disbelief “No way, he doesn’t like me and I don’t like him either.”

“If you say so. But I know that the one you like is me.” Jiyeon blushed upon that statement “And you are the one that I like.”

She smiled and turned to look at him. Jungmin also looked at her straight into her eyes.

“Jiyeon, I didn’t ask you this before because, as I said, I wanted us to know each other more. But now I’m sure about it.” Jungmin started and Jiyeon felt her heart race “Will you be my girlfriend?” He asked with a gentle tone.

Jiyeon blushed and smiled widely.

“Yes” She could just answer.

She hugged Jungmin and he hugged her back. Jiyeon couldn’t stop smiling and felt like she was dreaming.

Jungmin broke the hug and caressed her cheek, Jiyeon looked at his eyes and then at his lips. Jungmin closed his eyes and started to approach her. Jiyeon did the same and they kissed, sealing their new relationship.

 

A/N: Second chapter is up ^^

As always, thank you so so much for reading, comments are appreciated ^^ stay safe and have a beautiful day <3