Suspicion

My person

“What?! Girlfriend?!”

Hyomin almost screamed that while standing up from the bench. It wasn’t strange that almost all of the people near them looked to their direction.

“Girl chill, sit down or you’ll drag even more attention.” Jiyeon answered a bit embarrassed.

Hyomin quickly sat again before speaking now in a lower voice.

“I’m sorry but I just can’t believe it. Are you sure we’re talking about the same Myungsoo?”

Jiyeon just sighed in response and Hyomin leaned on the bench.

“Does he even know her? I mean, I never saw any other girl around him besides you. What was her name again?”

“Kyungri, I’m sure he actually told me a bit more about her but to be honest I didn’t pay much attention to it.”

“Kyungri…” Hyomin said thoughtful.

“Don’t worry about not knowing her, I’m sure we’ll have plenty of time to get to know her.” Jiyeon said defeated.

Hyomin then looked at her friend, she was worried about her, the sadness could be clearly seen over the girl’s expression.

“Jiyeon, what about you?” She asked cautiously.

“Huh?”

“How are you feeling?”

“I’m okay.”

Hyomin sighed upon that answer, Jiyeon’s forced smile made her heartbroken but she had to respect whatever decision her friend made. She’ll be by her side no matter what.

“I mean, if Myungsoo finally met someone who makes him happy, then I’m happy as well. He has been dealing with a lot of stuff recently, if she’s able to give him some peace and comfort then that’s enough.” Jiyeon explained with a faint smile.

Even though Hyomin knew Jiyeon was sincere about what she just said, she didn’t like the fact that the girl was trying so hard to hide the fact that she was hurt; after all, she looked for him because she wanted to confess to him but turned out that she was faced with the news that he was already in a relationship.

“You know I’ll always be here for you, right?” Hyomin told her with a smile while putting an arm over her shoulders.

Jiyeon chuckled before answering.

“I know, I wouldn’t be able to get rid of you even if I wanted to.”

Both girls laughed and the mood started to get better.

“Hey girls, what are you doing here?”

Both girls turned to see Baekho and Minhyun in front of them.

“Oh hey, we’re waiting for the next period to start, what about you guys?” Hyomin answered with a smile.

“Quite the same, though JR and the rest went to get something to eat.” Minhyun answered.

Minhyun and Jiyeon looked at each other and smiled, Hyomin noticed that gaze between them and narrowed her eyes briefly.

I knew about Minhyun liking Jiyeon but this is quite a surprise, even when I can tell she doesn’t like him as much as Myungsoo, it turns out Minhyun actually caught Jiyeon’s attention. Hyomin thought. I hope this won’t complicate things further.

“Can we join you while we wait?” Baekho asked.

The girls agreed and they decided to move to a table near the cafeteria, since the rest of the guys would be joining them. When everyone was reunited, they all talked cheerfully about different topics. Even when Jiyeon was actually feeling a bit down, everyone there managed to distract her and actually lift her mood.

 

After some minutes the girls bid farewell and went away for their next class. Minhyun followed Jiyeon with his eyes until she couldn’t be seen anymore.

“So, what the hell was that?” JR asked.

“We came across them and I thought it was a great chance for Minhyun and Jiyeon to talk.” Baekho explained.

“Baekho, we agreed to try to keep some distance between them, you forgot? Jiyeon likes someone else, this will only eventually lead to Minhyun getting hurt.” Aron explained in a serious tone.

When Baekho was about to answer, Minhyun spoke.

“I appreciate your concern but I think I’m old enough to make my own decisions. Besides, I think something happened.” Minhyun said in a thoughtful tone.

“What do you mean?” Ren asked.

“Jiyeon was strange, I’m sure Hyomin and her were talking about something important before we arrived. While they were here, Jiyeon constantly spaced out and seemed to be sad about something, I wonder… if something happened between her and Myungsoo.” Minhyun explained.

“Minhyun…” JR said in a warning tone.

“I know, you’re worried about me, but I can’t just sit still when it comes to her.”

JR sighed heavily, he knew there was nothing else he could do.

“I understand, there’s no way we can make you change your decision, right?” He asked.

Minhyun nodded firmly.

“Alright, if that’s the case then we’ll support you no matter what, but you have to be aware that it’s highly possible that you’ll be the one to end up with a broken heart and hurt, are you still willing to continue with this?” JR asked while looking seriously at him.

“I don’t care about the outcome, I’ll just do what my heart tells me to, that way I won’t have any regrets despite what happens in the end.” Minhyun said with determination.

JR smirked to him.

“Yeah that’s our Minhyun indeed.”

 

“Jiyeon?”

“What is it Hyomin?” The girl asked while finishing to pack her things up at the end of the day.

“Can I ask you something?” Hyomin asked cautiously.

“Well you’re already asking right?” Jiyeon teased.

“I’m serious here.” Hyomin answered.

“Alright, alright, shoot.” The girl said with a smile.

“What do you think about Minhyun?”

Jiyeon stopped packing her things. It was quite a strange question for her and it took her by surprise.

“Minhyun? What do you mean?” She asked confused while taking her backpack and walking to the door of the classroom followed by Hyomin.

“Yeah like, are you interested in him?”

Jiyeon was about to answer when a third voice joined the conversation.

“Jiyeon!”

Both girls turned around and Jiyeon tensed up upon seeing the ones in front of them, Hyomin noticed it and sighed but still remained by her side to support her.

“Hi Myungsoo, Kyungri.” Jiyeon greeted them politely.

“Hi Jiyeon, how are you? How were your lessons?” Kyungri asked her with a smile.

Hyomin narrowed her eyes upon that, Kyungri was a bit too nice for her taste. She immediately had a bad feeling about that girl.

“They were good, oh by the way, she’s my best friend Hyomin, Hyomin this is Myungsoo’s girlfriend Kyungri.” Jiyeon introduced them.

“Nice to meet you, I hope we can be friends as well.” Kyungri said with the same happy tone.

“As well?” Hyomin asked back.

“Yeah, Jiyeon and I are friends already.” Kyungri said while clinging to Jiyeon’s arm. “Therefore I hope we both can be friends as well so we can all get along.”

Hyomin just chuckled and smiled at her. Then looked at Myungsoo who looked at Kyungri with a smile. She was feeling really uncomfortable and thought Jiyeon was having it worse, so she decided to take her away from there.

“Well it was nice to meet you, but we’ve got to go now.” Hyomin said while taking Jiyeon by the arm and dragging her far from Kyungri’s hold. “We have a project to work on, so let’s meet some other time.”

“Oh that’s a shame, we wanted to invite Jiyeon out, I guess it’ll be some other time.” Kyungri said in a disappointed tone.

Hyomin was about to explode, the girl was really getting on her nerves. So she dragged Jiyeon away. Hyomin led the way to a fast food restaurant and exploded there.

“Come on what’s with that girl!? Gosh she was such a hypocrite! I don’t understand how she ended up being Myungsoo’s girlfriend!”

“She seemed like a good girl to me.” Jiyeon answered calmly.

“You’re kidding right? Didn’t you see her?!” Hyomin asked angrily.

“I did, but she seemed to be nice.” Jiyeon answered.

Hyomin sighed heavily trying to control her anger, once she was a bit more calm, she spoke again.

“I know I won’t make you change your mind, I’ll just tell you this, be careful with that girl, I’m sure she’s not as nice as she claims to be.” Hyomin said in a serious tone.

“I’ll be, thank you for your concern.” Jiyeon said with a little smile.

Hyomin smiled back and started to eat, though the bad feeling was still there.

 

“Myungsoo right here!”

Myungsoo smiled and went to the table where his friends were waiting for him. Some days after he made up things with Sungkyu he reunited with the rest of the boys and apologized to them as well, so they agreed to meet from time to time just like old times.

“You haven’t changed at all, still calling people from afar and making a fuss.” Myungsoo said while sitting.

“Well I’m not the one to blame for being so handsome that people can’t help but to look at me.” Sungjong said with a smirk.

“Maybe annoying would be a better adjective.” Hoya answered.

Sungjong started to complain and the rest of the boys burst in laughs.

“So, our Myungsoo is now in love huh?” Dongwoo teased.

“Cut it.” Myungsoo said with a smile.

“Tell us, who is she? Is she pretty?” Sungyeol asked.

“I’ll introduce her to you guys someday, she’s really pretty, her name is Kyungri.” Myungsoo said with a warm smile.

“Oh? It seems that you really like her.” Woohyun said.

“Well she may be pretty but I can bet that she can’t beat our beautiful Jiyeon.” Sungjong stated.

Everyone remained silent and for some reason the mood became awkward.

“What? We can’t talk about Jiyeon? Why did the mood suddenly dropped?” Sungjong asked confused.

Sungkyu sighed and Myungsoo received a text, even when Sungkyu didn’t intend to look at it he still got a glimpse of the conversation with Kyungri, however when he was about to look away, Myungsoo closed that conversation and opened the one with Jiyeon. Sungkyu narrowed his eyes upon acknowledging what was going on.

“It’s not that we can’t talk about her.” Sungkyu started to say. “But I guess it’s up to Myungsoo if he wants to talk about her.”

Myungsoo put his cellphone away at the mention of his name and turned to see Sungkyu who looked at him with an eyebrow up. Myungsoo chuckled nervously.

“Why I wouldn’t want to talk about her?” He asked with a smile.

Sungkyu sighed before answering.

“I guess Jiyeon now really is just your friend tight?” Sungkyu asked.

Myungsoo frowned in confusion.

“What do you mean by that?”

“Not even half a year ago we were talking about you liking Jiyeon and now you have a girlfriend?”

“I knew it! I always knew it!” Sungjong said excitedly “So you finally accepted that you like her.”

Myungsoo ruffled his hair avoiding Sungkyu’s gaze and Sungjong’s comment.

“What are you trying to do now?” Sungkyu asked.

“I like Kyungri, that’s a fact.” Myungsoo said firmly.

“Then what about Jiyeon?” Hoya asked him.

“She’s just my friend, besides it doesn’t matter if I like her or not, she doesn’t like me anyway.” Myungsoo answered a bit sad.

“Are you certain? Has she told you directly that she doesn’t like you?” Sungkyu asked.

Myungsoo remained silent, giving the answer to that question, so Sungkyu pushed a bit farther.

“What if I make you choose? If I told you that you’re only allowed to have one of them, who would you choose? Kyungri or Jiyeon?”

Myungsoo snorted before answering.

“Come on Sungkyu there’s no way I can choose between them.”

“I thought you would choose Kyungri, after all she’s your girlfriend, you both have been dating for some months now and Jiyeon is just a friend right?”

“There’s no way I can leave Jiyeon behind.” Myungsoo said in a serious tone.

Sungkyu then patted his back and Myungsoo turned to see him, Sungkyu gave him a little smile and put his glass in front of him.

“You have a huge decision to make Myungsoo, but we’ll back you up.”

After that they all made a toast and continued with their chat cheerfully, leaving Jiyeon’s topic aside, at least for that evening.

 

Hyomin and Jiyeon arrived at school, they were chatting cheerfully when suddenly Jiyeon received a text, she looked at it and smiled warmly, though short after that she was looking a bit down, Hyomin frowned upon seeing that change.

“What’s wrong?”

Jiyeon smiled and denied with her head.

“It’s nothing, Myungsoo texted me and said Kyungri won’t attend classes so he asked me if we can spend the day together.” Jiyeon explained.

“Huh?” Hyomin asked confused. “That’s kind of weird don’t you think?”

“Kind of, but if I’ll be able to spend some time with him then it’s alright.” Jiyeon said with a faint smile and continued to walk.

Hyomin followed her with her eyes, she was starting to get angry upon the situation.

‘If I’ll be able to spend some time with him then it’s alright’? What’s with that attitude? Are you really going to be satisfied with just the leftovers? Hyomin thought and then sighed heavily. Silly girl.

And just as Hyomin expected, that whole day Myungsoo was by Jiyeon’s side, he never left unless they had classes. Hyomin was starting to get annoyed by Myungsoo’s attitude, he was behaving with Jiyeon the same way he used to before he had a girlfriend. Even when it was nice seeing Jiyeon’s genuine smile again, Hyomin knew that was just wrong, Myungsoo wasn’t being fair with her and was just playing, Hyomin almost couldn’t stand it.

Jiyeon was horribly troubled, since Myungsoo was behaving like always with her, there were moments when she forgot he actually had a girlfriend so she also behaved like always, however upon remembering that fact she started to restrain herself, though it was like an unending loop and the same behavior repeated on and on.

By the end of the day, Myungsoo offered to take her home, however Jiyeon refused. Even when Myungsoo was reluctant he finally went away. When the boy couldn’t be seen anymore Jiyeon sighed heavily and squatted while putting her hands over her head. Hyomin looked at her worriedly.

“Are you okay?” She asked her.

Jiyeon sighed again and put his hands down while lifting her head.

“I don’t know what to do Hyomin, I don’t know if I’ll be able to behave just as a friend with him. I think… I just like him too much.” Jiyeon said sadly.

Hyomin also sighed and approached her, she stretched a hand towards her and Jiyeon took it, then Hyomin helped her up and fixed her hair.

“For now let’s go home, you need to rest and stop thinking about these things, I’m sure you’ll come with a solution sooner or later.” Hyomin said with a smile.

 

The next day Jiyeon was feeling a bit better and less guilty about what happened the previous day, she was determined to be just a friend for Myungsoo, Kyungri was a nice girl even if Hyomin didn’t believe it and she didn’t deserved to be betrayed by her. She just needed to find the perfect chance to prove to Kyungri that she was just a friend to Myungsoo.

And just as if heavens heard her, suddenly she came across the couple. When Kyungri saw her, she smiled widely and rushed to her.

“Hi Jiyeon how are you?” The girl asked while taking her hand.

“Hey, I’m alright and you?” Jiyeon asked back politely.

“I’m great, I got to know from Myungsoo that you guys spent the day together yesterday. It sounded like so much fun.” Kyungri said excitedly.

Jiyeon just smiled nervously and retreated her hand.

“Oh that, yeah, it was good I guess.” She answered.

“We were thinking, what about spending the day together? The three of us.” Myungsoo suggested with a smile.

“Huh?” Jiyeon just managed to ask.

“Yeah, it’ll be fun!” Kyungri said excited.

“I don’t know, I have classes…” Jiyeon said unsure.

“Oh come on, it’ll be just for this once, one absent won’t affect you.” Myungsoo said.

“Still…” Jiyeon said thoughtful.

“Jiyeon.” The girl turned around and saw Hyomin walking to them. “What’s going on?” She asked looking at all of them.

“We were talking about spending the day together.” Kyungri said with a smile.

Hyomin looked at her and frowned.

“I’m afraid we can’t, we have-”

“I’ll go.” Jiyeon suddenly said.

Kyungri got excited and Hyomin looked at Jiyeon in disbelief.

“What do you think you’re doing?” She asked worriedly.

“Trust me, I think this’ll be a great chance to finally behave like I’m supposed to.” Jiyeon assured her.

In the end Hyomin wasn’t able to make her change her mind, so Myungsoo, Kyungri and Jiyeon spent the day together and it was indeed the worst decision she could have made. She really thought she would be able to endure it, she didn’t expect it would be so hard to see Myungsoo being so lovey dovey with someone else, more than once she just wanted to runaway but refrained from doing it.

After enduring the whole day, it finally came to an end. They returned to the campus at night and Jiyeon even managed to bid farewell to both of them cheerfully and remained calm until the last moment. Once she was alone she went to a near bench and finally let it all out, she couldn’t stop crying since all the images of the couple kept revolving in her mind over and over again. One scene just kept repeating in her mind, it broke her to no extent.

“Can I ask you something?” Kyungri asked her while Myungsoo was away buying ice creams.

“Sure.” Jiyeon answered politely.

“What do you think about Myungsoo?”

“Huh?”

“You’re his best friend and I think he’s a great man, I also think he’d be a great husband.” The girl said with a warm smile while looking dearly at Myungsoo.

Jiyeon froze upon hearing that last word, Kyungri couldn’t be thinking about…

“He’s indeed a great man. I also bet he’ll be a great husband.” Jiyeon answered.

“Right? I’m glad to have him and you now, I hope we can also be best friends one day. Maybe I can get to know some things about him from you.”

Jiyeon smiled and nodded at her and Kyungri got up in order to go to Myungsoo and kiss him. Jiyeon just wanted to disappear from there.

Jiyeon felt a presence behind her and immediately knew who it was. An arm was put over her shoulders and she leaned on that person.

“Hyomin… I can’t, he isn’t just a friend for me.” Jiyeon said in between tears.

“I know dear, I know.” Hyomin just answered while her hair.

 

A/N: So the drama is back, I hope you're enjoying the story so far, we're actually past the first half of it. ^^

As always, thank you so so much for reading, and your patience, comments are appreciated ^^ stay safe and have a beautiful day <3