Mine

My person

“A dragon.” Jiyeon said for the third time still with her gaze at the sky.

“A dog.” Myungsoo replied again.

“Come on! Where do you see a dog’s silhouette?” Jiyeon asked in disbelief sitting down.

“I ask you the same.” Myungsoo said. “How comes that cloud resembles a dragon?”

“You don’t have any imagination.” Jiyeon answered and leaned again on the grass.

It’s been some months since their last talk on the way back home. Myungsoo apologized to her for hiding things from her and Jiyeon forgave him. Up until that point she hasn’t heard any bad news regarding Myungsoo, but she wasn’t quite sure if it was because he was actually getting better or because he did something to prevent her from knowing what was actually happening, Even when the doubt was eating her alive she decided to trust him, like she always had.

“Why did you remain silent? Are you angry?” Myungsoo suddenly asked and put his face in front of hers.

Jiyeon chuckled and pushed him aside.

“It’s nothing I was just thinking something.” Jiyeon answered.

“What were you thinking?” He asked.

Jiyeon then turned to see him and smiled at him.

“It’s a secret.” She answered.

Myungsoo complained about her answer and started to , Jiyeon kept not telling him what she was thinking and then Myungsoo started to tickle her. It was Jiyeon’s weak spot so she started to laugh and tried to get away from Myungsoo. It was quite a lovely scene to watch.

That continued until Jiyeon heard her cellphone receive a text.

“Wait, wait, wait, my cellphone.” She said in between laughs.

“Let them wait.” Myungsoo answered not stopping.

“Stop, it can be something important.” Jiyeon explained.

Myungsoo reluctantly let her go and Jiyeon checked her phone. It was a text from Minhyun so she started to write a reply.

“Who is it?” Myungsoo asked with curiosity when he saw her so immersed on the phone.

“Oh it’s a friend I got to know the other day through Eunjung, he’s a nice guy.” Jiyeon explained.

“A nice guy?” Myungsoo repeated in a jealous tone. “You just met him, how can you know that?”

Jiyeon put her phone down and looked at him with a frown and a smile.

“What? Jealous?” She teased.

“Why would I be jealous? He’s just a guy you met, nothing more than that.” Myungsoo answered as if he didn’t care.

But Jiyeon knew better. She wasn’t that naïve, even when she denied countless times that Myungsoo liked her, she sometimes had her doubts about it, she still hasn’t forgotten about the time he told Jungmin he liked her, if it was just a lie out of impulse or the truth she never got to know it. When she was about to ask something else, Hyomin’s voice suddenly called her.

“Jiyeon!”

Both turned around and Hyomin smiled at them.

“It’s class time, let’s go.” The girl explained.

“Sure!” Jiyeon replied and stood up, Myungsoo stood as well. “Let’s go back home together today, what do you say?”

Myungsoo nodded and Jiyeon smiled at him, then bid farewell to him and was about to go away when he suddenly took her hand, she looked at him and the boy smiled widely.

“Let’s go together.” He said and started to walk holding her hand firmly.

Jiyeon blushed a bit and smiled. Hyomin looked at them and then at their intertwined hands with a smile before leading the way. Jiyeon could feel some curious stares directed to them and became a bit nervous, since that recalled her from the past, Myungsoo felt her change of behavior and held her hand more firmly, Jiyeon looked at him and Myungsoo gave her a reassuring smile and a nod, Jiyeon also smiled at him and felt more relieved.

They reached her classroom and Myungsoo then went to his’, Hyomin just smiled at her and Jiyeon smiled back. What she didn’t expect was some of her classmates to approach her and ask about Myungsoo, even when she knew they were just curious and some others just wanted to playfully , she became nervous. Hyomin noticed it and dispersed the crowd earning a thank you from Jiyeon.

Maybe… Just maybe, Hyomin is right. Jiyeon thought while holding her hand against her chest and feeling the blush over her face.

 

“So, she has a new friend now.” Sungkyu said.

Myungsoo paid him a visit after dropping Jiyeon on her house and they were playing videogames like they used to back in high school.

“Yeah and he’s a ‘nice guy’ according to her.” Myungsoo answered a bit annoyed.

Sungkyu almost spilled his soda when he heard Myungsoo and paused the game.

“Dude, the hell was that?” He said chuckling.

“What’s so funny?” Myungsoo asked confused.

“Come on, you’re beyond jealous.” Sungkyu teased.

Myungsoo chuckled as well and rolled his eyes.

“Shut up.” He answered.

“Well at least you don’t deny it anymore, that’s a progress.” Sungkyu remarked.

They remained silent for some seconds until Sungkyu spoke again.

“Myungsoo, when are you going to tell her how you really feel?” Sungkyu asked a bit more serious.

Myungsoo sighed heavily, he had heard that question countless times and he always had an excuse for not telling her how he really felt and he was getting sick of it already. But on the other hand, his insecurities refrained him from getting closer to her.

“You clearly know the reason why I don’t want to tell her anything.” He said discouraged.

“That’s just fear.” Sungkyu answered and turned to look at him. “I understand why you are afraid but don’t punish yourself this way, it won’t lead you anywhere.”

“And it will only hurt Jiyeon and me.” Myungsoo finished.

Sungkyu sighed again.

“Why don’t you try going step by step?” Sungkyu suggested and Myungsoo listened attentively at him. “You two are already close but you can start by seeing each other not only at school but going to actual dates.”

Myungsoo considered it seriously.

“Step by step huh?” He said thoughtful.

 

“A movie?” Jiyeon asked a bit confused.

“Yeah it’s been a while since we went to the cinema.” Myungsoo answered with a smile.

Jiyeon frowned a bit.

Weird, why would he suddenly want to hang out together? She thought confused.

“You don’t like the idea?” Myungsoo asked visibly discouraged.

“No that’s not it, I actually love the idea.” Jiyeon clarified.

“Great! What about on Friday after school? We both end up classes early that day.” Myungsoo suggested.

“Sure.” She answered with a smile.

Friday arrived and Jiyeon was really excited, Hyomin obviously noticed her cheerfulness and asked her about it, when she told her, Hyomin obviously started to and remarking how she actually dressed up better than some other days. Even when Jiyeon played with her and denied a lot of things, she acknowledged something, she was no longer bothered by Hyomin’s comments and remarks, her suspicions about her feelings towards the boy just grew bigger and confused her.

I need to settle this topic soon. She thought.

At the end of the day she met with Myungsoo at the entrance of the university.

“Hey there.” Myungsoo said to her once she was in front of him.

“Hey.” Jiyeon answered.

“Are you ready?” Myungsoo asked her with a smile while stretching his hand towards her.

Jiyeon smiled warmly and took his hand, after that she nodded and he led the way.

When they reached the mall they decided to first eat something. Jiyeon chose to eat hamburgers and Myungsoo agreed. They ate while chatting cheerfully, Jiyeon was beyond happy, it was all the same as before, she almost felt like going back to the good old high school days.

After that they went to see which movie they were going to watch, both chose a suspense one. Even when both enjoyed that genre, they didn’t expect the movie to actually be that scary, they remained the whole movie holding hands and hugging each other from time to time.

“Why did it have to be that scary?” Jiyeon asked, now relieved they finally went out from the cinema.

“To be honest I didn’t think it would be that intense.” Myungsoo answered.

“It’ll be your fault if I can’t sleep tonight.” Jiyeon .

“Why? You also agreed to watch it.” Myungsoo complained with a smile.

“It’ll be your fault.” Jiyeon retorted with a laugh.

Myungsoo smiled and hugged her while ruffling her hair.

“Hey stop it.” Jiyeon said in between laughs while freeing herself from him.

Myungsoo also laughed and suddenly fixed his gaze on something.

“Wait here, I’ll be back.” He said to her with a smile.

Jiyeon was about to answer but the boy went away, Jiyeon followed him with her eyes until he couldn’t be seen anymore.

What’s he planning now? Jiyeon thought with curiosity.

After some minutes Myungsoo came back with a huge smile holding two donuts.

“You can’t be serious.” Jiyeon told him after a chuckle.

“Of course I am, these are your favorites, I would never forget something like that.” Myungsoo answered handing her the donut.

Jiyeon took it and both ate their donuts. After that they started to walk randomly through the mall, just enjoying the company of the other.

“What about going in?” Myungsoo suggested.

Jiyeon looked at the shop Myungsoo was signaling and frowned in confusion.

“Really? You want to go into a clothing shop?”

“Why not? It can be fun.” He answered with a smile.

Jiyeon nodded and they got inside. They looked at the clothes in there separately and then together. Jiyeon spotted a coat and took it.

“Try this on.” She said with a smile.

“What?” Myungsoo asked also smiling.

“I think this would suit you.” Jiyeon explained.

Myungsoo put it on and Jiyeon nodded with a smirk.

“It indeed fits you.”

Myungsoo chuckled nervously and took it off. They kept walking and Myungsoo noticed Jiyeon looked at the same jacket a lot of times, so he took it and put it in front of her.

“Try it on, you’ve been staring at it a lot.”

“I don’t think it’ll look good on me though.” Jiyeon answered thoughtful.

“You’ll never know if you don’t try, besides I think you’ll look great in it.” Myungsoo said with a smile.

Jiyeon tried the jacket on then looked at Myungsoo and was about to ask how it looked but saw Myungsoo looking at her completely mesmerized, the boy looked at her as if he had seen the most beautiful thing on earth. Jiyeon blushed and started to take it off.

“I knew it.” She said.

“Don’t.” Myungsoo said while preventing her from taking it off. “Just keep it a bit more, you look absolutely beautiful.” He finished saying.

Jiyeon didn’t know what to do and just did what Myungsoo said, after some seconds the boy seemed to get out of his trance and helped her to take it off.

“I’ll come back and buy it for you, it seriously looks so good on you.”

“Maybe we should come to buy clothes together some day, that way we can help each other to choose the correct ones.” Jiyeon suggested nervously trying to hide how flustered she was.

“We’ll for sure do that.” Myungsoo answered taking her hand.

They spent the rest of the day together, once the night fell, Myungsoo took her back to her home.

 

“That’s all for today, class’ dismissed.” The teacher said and then went out of the classroom.

“Hey who are you going to pair up with?” Hyomin asked Jiyeon.

“I think I already know with who.” Jiyeon answered with a smile.

 

“With me? Are you serious?” Minhyun asked her surprised.

“Um you don’t want to?” Jiyeon asked back a bit down.

“No, no, no, that’s not it. Of course I want to pair up with you, uh I mean, it’ll be a pleasure.” The boy started to ramble.

Jiyeon laughed because of his nervousness and nodded to him.

“Alright, I’ll text you the details later, thank you for agreeing partner.” Jiyeon said with a smile before going back with Hyomin.

“Partner.” Minhyun repeated with a huge smile.

Minhyun and Jiyeon’s careers were paired up for a project that’d take place at the end of the year. Jiyeon didn’t have to think much about who she would be pairing up with since Minhyun was the first one who came to her mind. After asking Minhyun to be her partner, she accompanied Hyomin to ask JR to be hers and then they came back to classes.

 

Some days passed by and Jiyeon started to talk more with Minhyun, they talked about the project but also started to get to know each other better.

“So you like reading too?” Jiyeon asked excited.

“Yeah I like it a lot, to be honest I spend a lot of my time in it.” Minhyun answered.

The more Jiyeon knew Minhyun the more she got to know they were quite similar, in fact, she was quickly growing fond of the boy, they shared a lot of hobbies and the boy was really nice with her.

“Hey how about going somewhere else to work on the project?” Minhyun suggested.

“Sure, you wanna eat something?” Jiyeon asked.

Minhyun nodded and they went to a fast food restaurant near college, Jiyeon had a great time and she could say Minhyun as well. The boy was really a good companion.

As weeks passed by Jiyeon and Minhyun were now like the best friends in life, you could see them hanging out together all the time. Even when the main reason of their time together was because of the project, Jiyeon wouldn’t deny she actually liked to spend time with the boy and sometimes she just found excuses to meet with him.

The only thing that she didn’t like was the fact that she wasn’t seeing Myungsoo that much anymore. They actually started to hang out more after their discussion at the start of the year, their relationship improved greatly and they used to go back home together most of times. But since the start of the project Jiyeon didn’t saw him that much and that sometimes made her sad.

The end of the year was near so it was the end of the project. Jiyeon and Minhyun were really stressed, even when they worked hard for months, details still needed to be settled. One day Jiyeon agreed to meet with Minhyun after class to keep working on the project, she was focused on the document at her laptop when suddenly a donut was put in front of the screen, only one person came to her mind and looked up with a smile, which faded a bit after actually seeing someone else.

“Minhyun.” She said with a little smile.

“So disappointed to see me?” Minhyun asked also smiling,

“Not at all.” She answered while taking the donut. “Thank you.”

“Were you expecting someone else?” Minhyun asked with curiosity after sitting down.

Jiyeon denied with her head. Though she clearly knew she indeed thought he was someone else. The only one who did those kinds of things was Myungsoo, she smiled nostalgically upon remembering her best friend, she missed spending time with him. Ignoring the fact that her heart raced when she thought it was Myungsoo she looked at Minhyun again when he spoke.

“I hope you like it, I know they’re your favorites.”

Jiyeon frowned in confusion before asking something.

“How do you know that?”

“You once told me that.” He answered.

“Really? I don’t remember that.” Jiyeon said thoughtful. “But thank you anyway they really are my favorites.” She smiled.

Minhyun was glad to see that smile over her face and thought that the money he paid JR in order to get that info from Eunjung was totally worth it. Both were chatting cheerfully unaware of the stare of someone that wasn’t really pleased with that sight.

 

“Um Jiyeon, the hell’s gotten to him?” Hyomin asked Jiyeon in a low voice.

“I don’t know.” Jiyeon answered also in a low voice.

The whole group of girls were having some food and Myungsoo was sitting next to Jiyeon. Myungsoo suddenly started to be wherever Jiyeon was. At first Hyomin thought it was because the boy missed her but she started to suspect it wasn’t the case when Myungsoo followed her literally everywhere. Jiyeon didn’t seem to be uncomfortable with that fact and even when Hyomin also didn’t care much having him around, she still was sure there was something else behind that behavior. And she was about to know the reason.

“I’ll be right back.” Myungsoo suddenly said.

Jiyeon nodded to him and the boy went away.

“Oh JR, here we are!” Eunjung suddenly said.

Everyone turned around and Jiyeon spotted Minhyun, they smiled at each other and the boys approached them.

“Hey.” Minhyun greeted Jiyeon.

“Hello, are your classes finished already?” She asked him.

“Yes, our last class got cancelled so we’re now leaving.” Minhyun explained.

Jiyeon was about to say something else when a donut was put in front of her, she turned around and saw Myungsoo looking at her with a smile.

“Um, I’m trying to speak here you know?” Jiyeon said to him with a smile.

“Oh sorry man.” Myungsoo said to Minhyun and then turned to see Jiyeon again. “It’s for you.”

“Thank you.” Jiyeon said and then took the donut.

The atmosphere was kind of awkward so Jiyeon introduced them.

“Minhyun this is my best friend Myungsoo and Myungsoo he’s Minhyun a friend of mine, he’s the one I’m making the project with.”

Myungsoo turned to see Minhyun and the rivalry was clearly seen between them, Hyomin smirked when she finally got to know the reason behind Myungsoo’s behavior. It was jealousy.

This’ll be interesting. Hyomin thought while looking at the atmosphere between the three of them.

“Minhyun, huh? Nice to meet you.” Myungsoo said while stretching his hand towards him.

“Nice to meet you.” Minhyun answered shaking his hand.

Myungsoo nodded and sat down beside Jiyeon again, then put an arm over Jiyeon’s shoulders and looked briefly at him with a warning on his eyes, then started to chat with her cheerfully.

Minhyun narrowed his eyes and looked at them with attention, JR upon noticing the scene, bid farewell to everyone and dragged Minhyun away from there, even when the boy was reluctant to go he still went away in the end and couldn’t help but to look back again, looking at Jiyeon smiling brightly at that guy.

Myungsoo… He thought a bit discouraged.

 

A/N: New chapter is up and I managed to update in a week this time! ^^

And the love triangle starts to take place, who do you like better Minhyun or Myungsoo?

I'll be honest with you guys, I never noticed the two main male characters had a name that starts with "M", this chapter I had to be double careful since I was afraid I would switch the names xD Let's see how this'll work out in the future haha.

By the way, who's also excited for T-ARA's comeback? <3

As always, thank you so so much for reading, and your patience, comments are appreciated ^^ stay safe and have a beautiful day <3