Revenge

My person

“You can’t be serious.” Dongwoo said.

The seven boys were at the main entrance waiting for Jiyeon to come out, just when Jungmin appeared to pick Sojin up and the girl received him with a hug and a kiss. They didn’t know the exact details, the only one who knew completely what happened was Myungsoo; but they did know the betrayal of Sojin and Jungmin towards Jiyeon.

“Let them be.” Hoya said annoyed.

“Let them be?! You wish.” Dongwoo said and started to walk towards them.

“Enough don’t make things worse.” Woohyun said while standing in front of him to stop his track.

“Dude come on, you know that guy deserves at least a beating!” Dongwoo said with anger.

“Do you think Jiyeon would like it?” Woohyun tried to reason with him.

Dongwoo seemed to doubt about what he wanted to do after what Woohyun said, in the end he growled and turned around in frustration.

“Damn it!” Dongwoo said with anger, not looking at the couple anymore.

Myungsoo remained silent, leaning on the wall with arms crossed and head down.

“Are you okay?” Sungkyu asked him.

“I’m not the one who has been hurt, why would you ask me?” Myungsoo answered remaining in the same position, not looking at his friend.

“Because I know it’s taking everything of you to not go there to kill him.” Sungkyu answered in a serious tone.

Myungsoo closed his eyes and just sighed. Sungkyu was right, he was eager to go to that guy and beat him until he couldn’t even speak; but just as Woohyun said, Jiyeon wouldn’t like that. He couldn’t understand her, sometimes he really thought she was a fool.

“Hello guys, sorry for the delay.”

All of them turned to see her with surprise, they were hoping the couple in front of them would have already left by the time Jiyeon came out, but things didn’t go that way.

“Is anything wrong? Why are you all looking at me like that?” Jiyeon said with a little smile.

How Myungsoo hated that smile, that fake and forced smile of hers. He knew it, she was badly hurt, even when she tried so hard to hide it and act like nothing happened, it could be seen how bad she actually was.

“We just wanted to know if you are up for a movie.” Myungsoo was the first one to react and approached her “I happen to have some coupons.” He finished while showing her the coupons.

Jiyeon seemed to doubt about it for some seconds, but in the end she decided to agree.

“Yeah, that’ll be fun.” Jiyeon answered with a bit more enthusiasm.

Myungsoo was glad to at least see that little glimpse of happiness in the girl, now he just had to make sure that she didn’t see Jungmin and Sojin. Jiyeon then noticed again the tense atmosphere and started to look at the boys.

“But, what’s going on? Why are you all so tense?” She asked with confusion.

“It’s nothing.” Sungkyu said to her with a smile.

Jiyeon frowned a bit, still not convinced about what Sungkyu said, but decided to let them be; so she started to walk in the direction to the cinema, but Myungsoo blocked her way.

“What are you doing?” She asked while looking at him with a smile of confusion.

“Where are you going?” Myungsoo answered with another question.

“Um, to the cinema?” Jiyeon answered with a little laugh “Didn’t you say we were going to watch a movie?”

“Oh that, yes…” Myungsoo answered troubled.

Jiyeon then knew something was definitely wrong and frowned at him.

“Myungsoo what’s going on?” She asked again now a bit angry.

The boy seemed to doubt what to answer her, Jiyeon sighed in frustration and passed him by, Myungsoo couldn’t block the sight anymore and saw how Jiyeon froze on her spot. The girl became completely silent, sight fixed in one point in front of her.

Myungsoo sighed heavily and the rest of the boys remained silent as well.

Jungmin seemed to feel the tense atmosphere and turned to see them. The moment his gaze encountered Jiyeon’s, his expression changed. Myungsoo could see the troubled expression of the boy and that just made him angrier. Sojin noticed Jungmin was looking at some other place and also turned in that direction, when she knew Jungmin was looking at Jiyeon, she took him by the arm and dragged him away.

Jiyeon remained silent, standing in the same place.

“Was it my imagination or Jungmin seemed to be troubled?” Sungyeol asked.

“Who cares?” Myungsoo answered annoyed “If he is troubled because of what he did, that’s the least he deserves.”

Myungsoo approached Jiyeon and put an arm over her shoulders looking at her.

“You okay?” He asked her.

Jiyeon sighed and dried a tear with her hand, how Myungsoo hated seeing her cry.

“Yes” she said looking at him with a little smile “Let’s not let this drop the mood, let’s go.”

“That’s the spirit girl, come on guys let’s go.” Sungkyu said with enthusiasm.

 

Months passed by and the whole school already knew what Sojin did to Jiyeon. However, nobody really cared about it, Sojin was still the same and Jiyeon didn’t seem to want to do anything against her, so everyone just let them be.

Fortunately for Jiyeon her sudden popularity for being Jungmin’s girlfriend began to decrease, but for her misfortune, she started to be the main gossip of the school because of what happened with Sojin. A lot of people compared them and started to wonder what happened between the three of them. Even when she didn’t pay that much attention to those things, there were days when she was sick of them and just wanted to disappear from that place and never return again.

But there was one thing that kept her from doing that.

Myungsoo was behaving strange.

She knew it, that it wouldn’t be something as simple as to ‘have some fun for a while’.

Even when things were perfectly fine between Myungsoo and her, Myungsoo himself wasn’t doing well. His absents from classes became more and more common, not seeing him around wasn’t something rare anymore. Sungkyu tried to talk to him countless times, but Myungsoo never seemed to understand or give a sign that he would change that new habit of him.

“Myungsoo” Jiyeon called him. They were looking at the guys play some soccer.

“Hm?” Myungsoo answered looking at her.

“What’s going on?” She asked with a serious tone.

“With what?” Myungsoo asked back.

“I know you’ve been skipping classes a lot and I also got to know your grades dropped badly.” She explained.

Myungsoo sighed and looked away, Jiyeon could notice a bit of annoyance in him. She knew he didn’t like people asking him about that topic, but Jiyeon couldn’t just sit by and watch his best friend doing things the wrong way and not do anything about it.

“I’ve already told you, I’m having some fun. Once we get into college it’ll be hard to have some spare time.” He answered her nonchalantly.

“I would understand it if it were just some random absents, but it’s not only that anymore, as I said, your grades dropped drastically, you’re having trouble with some teachers and the boys said your humor has changed.” Jiyeon said with concern.

“The boys or Sungkyu said that?” Myungsoo asked with annoyance.

Jiyeon noticed how his expression changed upon the mention of Sungkyu.

“Is there any problem with him?” She asked him with a frown.

Myungsoo frowned as well before answering.

“No, at least not now.” He said with his gaze fixed on Sungkyu.

Jiyeon was about to ask another thing when the bell announcing the end of lunchtime rang.

“Let’s go back, you should take classes.” Myungsoo quickly said while standing up.

“I should take classes?” Jiyeon asked him with a frown.

Myungsoo looked at her and chuckled, extending his hand towards her.

“We should take classes.” He said with a smile.

Jiyeon took his hand and let him help her to stand up, both gathered with the rest of the boys and directed to their respective classrooms, they agreed to meet at the end of the day.

 

The boys were waiting for Jiyeon at the usual spot. The mood was awful. As Jiyeon said, things between them were tense, well, actually things between Myungsoo and Sungkyu. All of them agreed that Myungsoo was behaving strange but the one that used to confront him about it most of times was Sungkyu, being that the reason of the awkwardness between them.

“You told her right?” Myungsoo suddenly asked.

Everyone turned to see him, he was leaning on the wall with arms crossed and staring at one of them.

“What are you talking about?” Sungkyu asked looking at Myungsoo.

“You told Jiyeon about my grades and other things.” Myungsoo said.

“I did.” Sungkyu answered firmly.

“Why did you do that?” Myungsoo asked a bit angry.

“I hoped that if it was Jiyeon, you would listen to her.” Sungkyu answered.

Myungsoo chuckled and approached him.

“I thought I told you clearly not to tell her anything.” He said in a threatening tone.

Sungkyu frowned to him and chuckled.

“If you’re so worried about her knowing what you’re doing then, why don’t you stop it?” Sungkyu asked him annoyed.

“What?” Myungsoo narrowed his eyes to him.

“You heard me, stop with all this bull Myungsoo, I’ve told you already, countless times, that your behavior would only give you trouble. If you care so much about your image with Jiyeon then snap out of it dude!” Sungkyu almost yelled at him.

“So you still insist to get involved in what nobody called you.” Myungsoo said to him with a threatening tone.

“Come on Myungsoo, you don’t scare me, drop your act already.” Sungkyu said with annoyance.

“You asked for it.” Myungsoo said before shortening the distance between them and lifting his fist.

The rest of the boys reacted immediately. Sungkyu also approached Myungsoo dangerously with his fist up. Hoya held Myungsoo while Dongwoo held Sungkyu, preventing them to reach the other.

“Stop it you both!” Dongwoo screamed at them.

“Let go of me!” Myungsoo screamed to Hoya.

Sungkyu seemed to start calming down and Dongwoo little by little decreased the strength with which he was holding him. But Myungsoo kept struggling to free himself from Hoya.

“Stop Myungsoo!” Hoya suddenly yelled.

Myungsoo stopped moving but glared at Sungkyu, who also glared at him.

“That’s enough let go of me, I won’t do anything to him.” Myungsoo said annoyed.

Hoya let go of him slowly, to ensure that he really wasn’t going to do anything to Sungkyu.

Myungsoo kept glaring at Sungkyu, in the end he sighed and looked away.

“I don’t want to see your face, go.” Myungsoo said venomously.

“Myungsoo!” Woohyun said with a serious tone.

“I’m serious here, I don’t want to see him anymore.” Myungsoo said looking at Sungkyu but then looked at the rest of them “In fact, I don’t want to see any of you.” He finished with annoyance reflected in his voice.

Sungkyu narrowed his eyes towards him, he couldn’t believe how Myungsoo was behaving and more importantly, he couldn’t believe what he was saying to them.

“So you want us gone?” Sungjong asked with a hurt voice.

Myungsoo looked at the boy and immediately looked away, he had a troubled expression.

Sungkyu sighed. He knew Myungsoo wasn’t okay and even when he really wanted to help him, he couldn’t do anything if Myungsoo wasn’t willing to receive help. And most importantly, he couldn’t keep putting up with him forever; he was also hurt by how Myungsoo was behaving towards him. So he decided it. If Myungsoo wanted him gone, then he would stop meddling in his stuff and in his life.

“Okay, if that’s what you want, I’ll go.” Sungkyu said to him with a serious tone.

Sungkyu started to walk away and the rest of the boys looked at Myungsoo, hoping the boy would react. But he didn’t; so eventually, Sungkyu wasn’t the only one gone.

“Dude you really must fix yourself.” Hoya said before following Sungkyu.

“I don’t know what happened with you, but you can’t keep this going for longer.” Dongwoo said with a serious tone before going away as well.

Woohyun didn’t say anything to him, just scanned him from head to toes once again and sighed, following Dongwoo.

“You’re no longer the Myungsoo you used to be, I know that people change, but I never expected you to become this.” Sungjong said with a disappointed tone before walking away, Sungyeol following him, not giving even a glance to Myungsoo.

And just like that, Myungsoo was left behind, all alone.

 

Jiyeon didn’t know what happened between the guys. Everytime she asked Myungsoo, he refused to tell her and changed the topic; as for the boys, Sungkyu also refused to tell her about it and always said to ask Myungsoo about it.

It has been some weeks since they stopped talking to each other. Myungsoo was still being the same around Jiyeon, but she could see he was affected by the fact that the boys no longer talked to him. The guys still talked to Jiyeon and everything was fine between them.

The entrance exams were really near and Jiyeon was working hard in order to achieve her goal. She decided to study bioengineering, even when teaching others was what she liked the most, everyone around her agreed that she would be a great engineer, so she decided to stick with it. She already decided which university to aim for, it was the best among all to study what she wanted; even when that meant that she’ll probably met up with Jungmin, she no longer cared about it. She decided to not think about him or Sojin anymore.

Speaking of which, that day Sojin was absent, Jiyeon found it strange but didn’t care about it. At the end of the day, when she was packing up her belongings, her cellphone received a call. She widened her eyes when she saw who was calling her.

Jungmin.

She didn’t answer him and locked her cellphone, wondering why would he call her. She decided to ignore it and walked towards the main entrance of the school in order to go home. Just when she got out from the school, someone called her.

“Jiyeon”

Jiyeon froze in her spot when she recognized the owner of the voice. She slowly turned around and faced him. Jungmin had an anxious expression, she frowned at him.

“If you’re looking for Sojin, she didn’t come, maybe you should call her.” She said to him and turned around again in order to go away.

“We’re no longer together.” Jungmin said to her in a hurried voice. Jiyeon stopped once again and looked at him confused. “I know this seems strange but I want to talk with you.”

Jiyeon was about to answer him when a third voice joined the conversation.

“You have nothing to talk with her.” Myungsoo said and quickly stood between them “Go away before I kick the out of you.” Myungsoo threatened.

“Jiyeon please.” Jungmin almost pleaded not paying attention to Myungsoo.

“Didn’t you hear me?!” Myungsoo grabbed him by the collar.

“Stop it Myungsoo” Jiyeon said and both guys looked at her “Let him go.”

Myungsoo did as she said but kept glaring at him.

“You want to have a talk?” Jiyeon asked Jungmin and he nodded, she sighed “Let’s have a talk then.”

“Jiyeon!” Myungsoo called her in disbelief.

“I know what I’m doing, trust me.” She just said to him.

Myungsoo sighed in frustration, but after seeing her determination he gave up.

“Fine. But I’ll be around, if you need me just call me okay?” he said with a serious tone.

“Sure, thank you.” She said with a smile.

Myungsoo then gave her a kiss in the forehead and then glared at Jungmin before going away. Jiyeon followed him with her eyes until he cannot be seen anymore.

“Guess I’m already late right?”

Jungmin’s question made her look at him. He indeed looked bad, as if he had a lot of burdens over him.

“Late for what?” Jiyeon asked him.

“What about going to another place?” Jungmin suggested.

Jiyeon sighed and then agreed. They went to the same park where Jiyeon cried until there was nothing left inside her after they broke up. They sat on a bench and for some seconds any of them said anything.

“What is it?” Jiyeon suddenly asked “What do you want to talk about?”

“I broke up with Sojin.” Jungmin simply said.

“And what does that have to do with me?” Jiyeon asked him with a frown.

“I know I don’t have the right to even talk to you. But I realized you’re the only one for me, what happened with Sojin was the biggest mistake of my life, I’m not gonna say that she has the blame in all of this, because I knew clearly what I was doing, but I want to explain things to you, how things actually happened.” Jungmin said to her with his head down.

“I don’t want to know it” Jiyeon said “And I don’t care what happened between you and Sojin. What we were does no longer exist, I don’t know what you are trying to achieve with this.” She finished with a serious tone.

“I’ll be honest, I want you back, I broke up with Sojin because I realized everything was a lie, I know now you never cheated on me with Myungsoo and I fell for her scheme. I know it isn’t a justification but I’m honest, I’m sorry Jiyeon I’m really sorry that I didn’t trust you.” Jungmin said looking at her with tears in his eyes.

Jiyeon chuckled and stood up, Jungmin looked at her in disbelief.

“I already know what happened between you and Sojin and how you started to lose trust in me” Jungmin looked at her with widened eyes “Don’t you remember that I told you I read the conversation between you both? I know she was the one to send you the picture of Myungsoo and me, I know she was the one to ‘comfort’ you when you were depressed about it. And I also know that didn’t trust me back then, because you never let me explain. As I said to you that day, I never cheated on you with Myungsoo and I would have never done it. But you never believed me and you only did what was easier.”

Jiyeon sighed and crossed her arms, she looked at Jungmin who was no longer looking at her.

“I’m not defending Sojin, but she doesn’t have the entire blame in all of this.” Jiyeon started to talk again “And since you’re being honest with me, I’ll repay you with the same coin. I don’t want to be with you anymore.” Jungmin finally looked at her, tears started to gather in his eyes and was about to say something but Jiyeon prevented him from doing it. “I truly loved you, with my whole existence, but I realized I don’t want someone who doesn’t trust me, who is capable of cheating on me and then leaving me as if nothing happened. I hope you can find someone else and love her dearly. But that’s no longer me Jungmin, and to be honest, I don’t want to see you again.”

She turned around and started to walk away, she could hear how he stood up.

“Is it because of Myungsoo?” He asked in despair.

Jiyeon chuckled and turned to see him, his expression indeed matched with his voice of complete despair. She smiled at him.

“It’s precisely because of this.” She answered.

Jungmin remained silent and Jiyeon kept walking, not looking back again.

 

Some weeks passed by and the entrance exams were held. Sojin didn’t show up in the school until that day, after her breakup with Jungmin a lot of gossip about her fired up and her reputation was tainted, so she no longer came to the school.

Jiyeon felt pretty confident about the exam, she worked hard and for so long for it that she knew she narrowed it.

But things didn’t seem to be that smooth and she acknowledged it when she couldn’t find her name in the accepted list of the college.

She failed the exam.

 

A/N: And the drama continues in this chapter! Now that Jiyeon failed the exam, what will she do?

As always, thank you so so much for reading, comments are appreciated ^^ stay safe and have a beautiful day <3