Bliss

My person

Jiyeon was sitting at the table, staring at the invitation she was playing with. A couple of days before, she received the invitation to Myungsoo and Nana’s wedding, she was a bit surprised to receive it to be honest, though she should’ve imagined it was Nana’s doing. Right after she read it, Nana called her and almost begged her to attend her wedding, even when Jiyeon was a bit reluctant to go, she promised to try to go.

The girl sighed and opened the invitation again to read it’s content, she also read again the little note that was added, it was Nana’s handwriting.

I hope you can attend, it’ll be a great opportunity for Myungsoo and you to settle things. Nana.

“Come on girl what are you thinking now?” Jiyeon said with frustration.

She left the invitation and the note aside and rested her head on her hands.

Jiyeon didn’t know what to, if she stopped to think about it for a moment, there was no way that her presence was right in that wedding, even if Myungsoo and her didn’t actually dated, there were feelings they shared for each other at some point and even when those feelings weren’t there anymore, it just felt wrong. On the other hand, not attending Nana’s wedding would be like accepting that she still had feelings towards Myungsoo and it could lead to misunderstandings, without mentioning that Nana would feel bad about her not attending.

“This is driving me crazy.” Jiyeon complained.

She was aware that she needed to make a decision and that it shouldn’t be that hard but she wasn’t sure she was going to be able to endure it. She even asked Hyomin what she thought about her attending, but her answer didn’t help much.

>>It’s a decision that only concerns you Jiyeon, I can’t tell you to attend or not, it’s up to you.

“Forget it, there’s still plenty of time to decide what to do, I don’t need to be worrying this much right now.”

Jiyeon stood from the table decided to do something else to clear her mind, she looked back at the invitation and sighed heavily.

 

Some weeks later, she received an unexpected visit at her home.

It was weekend so she was just relaxing and deciding what to eat when suddenly someone knocked at her door, she found it strange since she wasn’t waiting anyone, she went to the main door and opened it, she was surprised to see who was standing there.

“Minhyun.”

“Hey, how are you?” Minhyun asked with a light smile.

Jiyeon looked attentively at the boy, she got lost on his face for a moment, the boy still showed her that warm and caring gaze he always gave her, Jiyeon immediately showed him a smile as well.

“I’m fine, wanna come inside?” She invited him.

“Sure.”

Minhyun came into the house and Jiyeon closed the door.

“So, what brings you here?” Jiyeon asked walking towards him.

“To be honest, I just wanted to see you.” Minhyun answered with a smile.

Jiyeon’s heart raced and she couldn’t help but to look away, she was sure that she blushed. She wouldn’t deny that she had missed Minhyun, during the time they decided to give each other some space, she obviously thought about him, trying to decipher exactly what she was feeling and what kind of relationship she wanted to have with him.

“Well.” She cleared . “What about spending the day here together? Have you eaten?”

Minhyun seemed to be surprised about Jiyeon’s sudden proposal but quickly the happiness got over him.

“Sounds great. No I haven’t eaten anything, should we order something?” He asked with a wide smile.

“Yes, I’m not planning to cook anything today.”

Minhyun chuckled and started to browse in his phone for something to order.

“You really dislike cooking huh?” He asked with a smirk.

“You have no idea.” The girl answered while going to the kitchen to grab something to drink.

“Well, in that case I can take care of that part from now on, you know I like to cook.”

Jiyeon closed the door of the fridge and remained standing there for a second, she smirked. The girl obviously understood why Minhyun said that and was clearly aware that he was trying to flirt with her again, though that time seemed a bit more serious. She went back to the living room where Minhyun was still looking at his cellphone. Jiyeon left the glass of water on the little table in front of him.

“It’s a deal then.” She answered with a smile.

She noticed Minhyun widened his eyes in surprise and then turned to look at her, Jiyeon smiled and went to the kitchen again, she didn’t even know why she went there she just did it out of impulse. Jiyeon was able to hear Minhyun chuckling and a warm smile was placed in her face.

After they decided what to order they waited for the food to arrive so they talked a bit and then Minhyun went to the restroom. When the boy was returning to the living room, something over a furniture caught his attention, he didn’t want to be intrusive or anything like that but something inside him told him to take a look at it. When he approached he was able to see that it was the invitation to Myungsoo and Nana’s wedding.

“Minhyun, what about going for some snacks after we eat?” Jiyeon suddenly said and appeared by his side.

Jiyeon looked at what he was staring to and sighed.

“Myungsoo invited you?” Minhyun asked with curiosity.

“No, it was Nana.” Jiyeon answered, then took the invitation and led the way to the living room.

Once they were seating, Jiyeon put the invitation on the table in front of them and it was Minhyun who spoke again.

“Are you planning to go?”

“I’m still not sure to be honest, I don’t think it’s right for me to go but at the same time I don’t think it’s right for me to not attend.”

Minhyun nodded in understanding and then looked at her.

“Are you still in love with Myungsoo?”

Jiyeon sighed and thought about it for a moment before answering.

“Actually I don’t think I’m still in love with him, it’s been long since we stopped talking to each other and I don’t think I can even say that I like him. Though what’s true is that he’ll never stop being an important person to me.”

“So, would you ruin the wedding and steal the groom?” Minhyun asked with a smirk.

Jiyeon looked at him as if another head had grown from him.

“What kind of question is that? Of course not!” She answered as if it was obvious.

“If that’s the case then I don’t understand what the problem about you attending is.” Minhyun explained with a warm smile.

Jiyeon opened to say something else but closed it again. What Minhyun said was right and had perfect sense, she didn’t need to have that much fear if she didn’t have hidden intentions or desires.

Minhyun was still smiling warmly at her when he spoke again.

“If you are still unsure about going then, what about if I go with you? Maybe having someone there with you can give you more confidence.”

Jiyeon smiled at him. Minhyun was always there when she needed him and always seemed to have the right words for her.

“That would be great.” She answered with a smile and then changed her voice tone to a serious one. “But I want to make something clear here…”

Minhyun frowned a bit and looked attentively at her, Jiyeon also looked straight into his eyes, there was something important Minhyun needed to know.

“I’m not taking you as a replacement of Myungsoo, I genuinely want to go and spend time with you.”

Minhyun chuckled and took one of her hands, looked straight in her eyes and smiled at her.

“I know that. If I noticed that you had that kind of intention I wouldn’t accept either.”

The boy put a strand of her hair behind her ear and caressed her cheek after that. Jiyeon froze upon the contact and her heart raced.

Seriously Minhyun, what are you doing to me? Jiyeon thought flustered.

Jiyeon smiled at him and nodded, Minhyun nodded back and then the food arrived. They spent the rest of the day happily together.

 

Finally the day of the wedding arrived.

Jiyeon looked at herself in the mirror after finishing styling her hair. Despite what she expected, she was feeling calm and happy; she turned to look at the window and was able to see the blue sky and the sun, it was indeed a perfect day for a wedding.

Her cellphone then received a call, she rushed to it and smiled before answering.

“Hello?”

“Hey there gorgeous, are you ready?” Minhyun answered.

“Yes, are you already here?”

“Almost, I’ll be there in five minutes.”

“Alright, I’ll see you at the door.”

After that brief talk, they cut the call. Jiyeon smiled and held the phone to her chest for a moment. She then looked at herself in the mirror again, retouching her already perfect makeup in order to make sure everything was fine. The thought of seeing Minhyun again made her nervous and happy at the same time. Five minutes later she heard the knocking on her door, so she grabbed all her stuff and went to the main door to open it.

The moment Minhyun saw her, he widened his eyes and looked at her from head to toes, Jiyeon blushed and turned around.

“What do you think?” She shyly asked.

“You’re beautiful.” He sincerely answered.

“Thank you. You’re also really handsome.” She complimented him.

Minhyun smiled and put his hand up for Jiyeon to take it.

“Let’s go.”

Jiyeon took his hand and nodded, they went to the place of the ceremony.

 

When they reached the church, it was already full with a lot of people so they remained at the end of it. Jiyeon didn’t see Nana neither Myungsoo so she imagined they were still getting ready. After some minutes, Myungsoo finally entered the church, Jiyeon wouldn’t deny she felt nostalgic upon seeing him. Myungsoo was looking fine and also the expression over his face was calm and happy, something Jiyeon hadn’t seen in a while, she also smiled warmly. Then it was turn for the bride to enter, Jiyeon smiled upon seeing her friend with her dress and smiling widely at Myungsoo.

“It seems that they still don’t notice our presence.” Minhyun whispered to her ear.

“Oh come on, there’s no way they’d notice anyone right now, they only have eyes for each other.” She whispered back.

Minhyun chuckled and looked at the couple while the ceremony took place. Jiyeon was feeling calmer than she expected, she was even surprised when she noticed she was pretty excited and happy for them.

When the ceremony ended, everyone was cheering for them and happiness overloaded the place. Jiyeon stopped for a moment to look at the way Myungsoo and Nana saw each other and all the love that could be felt between them. Jiyeon sighed and smiled at that cute scene then Minhyun took her hand; she looked down at their hands and then looked up at Minhyun, the boy was smiling at her as if trying to reassure her and Jiyeon smiled back at him.

The newlyweds then went to their car in order to go to the place where the party will be held, still unaware of Minhyun and Jiyeon’s presence.

 

Minhyun drove to the place of the party, after parking the car and grabbing their belongings, they went to their respective table, the newlyweds still didn’t arrive so Minhyun and Jiyeon cheerfully talked about some trivial matters. After some minutes the newlyweds finally made their entrance, they were received with claps from everyone, they made their way to their table and after they sat down, the party finally started.

The music started to play and some of the guests started to dance, Jiyeon preferred to remain sat and Minhyun was with her.

“I’m not sure if I should go to them.” She suddenly said. “Would it be weird?”

Minhyun chuckled before answering.

“Why would it be? They invited you.”

“Well the one who invited me was Nana, I actually don’t know if Myungsoo knows I’m here.”

“Oh right, I didn’t thought about that.” Minhyun made a pause. “Well it may be better to wait for a bit, if neither of them comes to you then we can go to them, I’ll be with you.”

Jiyeon smiled warmly at him and took his hand.

“Thank you.”

The food then started to be served so Jiyeon waited until the food time was over to try to go to them.

After the food time, Jiyeon waited for a couple of minutes but when she decided to go to their table, she noticed Nana wasn’t there.

“Huh?”

“What is it?” Minhyun asked.

“Nana isn’t there.”

“Oh really?” Minhyun asked while also looking at the table of the newlyweds.

“Were you looking for me?”

Jiyeon widened her eyes and turned around to be faced with a smiling Nana. She also smiled at her and stood up to hug her.

“Congratulations Nana, I’m really happy for you.” Jiyeon sincerely said.

Nana hugged her back and thanked her, after the hug, Jiyeon introduced her to Minhyun.

“He’s Minhyun a really good friend of mine.”

“Oh nice to meet you Minhyun.” She greeted him. “So, a really good friend huh?” She teased both of them.

Minhyun chuckled and Jiyeon blushed a bit. Nana smiled and spoke again.

“Thanks for coming, I thought you wouldn’t attend.”

“Why wouldn’t I? You’re my friend.” Jiyeon answered.

Nana remained silent for a moment and then looked at Minhyun.

“Would you mind if I take her with me for a moment? I promise to return her to you in no time.”

“Sure, just make sure to return her to me.” Minhyun answered with a smile.

After that, Nana took Jiyeon to a more isolated place. Jiyeon was now starting to feel nervous, Nana was the first one to speak.

“Jiyeon, I know this may seem weird or a bit selfish but I want to ask you for a favor.”

“Sure, what is it?”

“Myungsoo never seems to like to talk about you.” Nana started to say. “You once told me that you two used to be really good friends and Myungsoo told me the same but for some reason whenever I talk about you he seems uncomfortable. I don’t know what exactly happened between you two in the past and I’m not here to recriminate you anything.” She made a pause and looked straight into Jiyeon’s eyes. “I just want you both to settle that topic, to be honest I hate to see him in such state, it’s as if his memory of you haunts him.”

“I’m sorry Nana.” She said after sighing heavily.

“You don’t have to apologize.” Nana answered with a smile. “As I said, I’m not planning to recriminate you for something that happened in the past. But since you’re my friend, I don’t want things to become awkward or have misunderstandings. I just want you both to talk and finally let go of the past that seems to be haunting the two of you.”

Jiyeon smiled and nodded to her, to which Nana also smiled and nodded.

“Alright, wait here.”

After that she went away, Jiyeon’s heart was racing she could only think that Nana was really an amazing woman, to be able to confront her like that and straightly say her thoughts was something Jiyeon admired.

>>I just want you both to settle that topic, to be honest I hate to see him in such state, it’s as if his memory of you haunts him.

She remembered those words and smiled.

You really love him a lot. She thought.

“Jiyeon?”

Jiyeon looked up and was able to see Myungsoo looking at her with surprise, she smiled upon seeing the shock on his face.

“Hey there, it’s been a long time.” Jiyeon answered with a smile.

Myungsoo seemed to be still a bit shocked, since he didn’t answer neither walked to her. Jiyeon laughed and lifted and eyebrow.

“Come here I won’t bite you.” She teased.

“What are you doing here?” Myungsoo asked her still maintaining his distance with her.

“Hey come on, you’re making it seem as if I’m going to ruin your wedding and kidnap you.” Jiyeon said with a smile. “Don’t worry, I received an invitation, Nana gave it to me.”

Myungsoo seemed to still be confused so Jiyeon explained him the whole thing. From the time Nana called her to ask if she knew him to what she told her just some moments ago. Myungsoo seemed to finally understand what was going on so he visibly relaxed and approached Jiyeon.

“Jiyeon, I don’t even know where to start, I’m always apologizing to you but I can’t find other words that I need to say to you than those, so I’ll say it again. I’m really sorry.”

Jiyeon smiled a bit, feeling how sincere Myungsoo was being and how conflicted he was. So she lightly punched his arm in order to break the tense atmosphere.

“Tch you should be, you ghosted me for years now.” She teased with a smile.

But Myungsoo was still looking at her with an apologetic gaze, Jiyeon sighed heavily and spoke in a more serious way.

“Listen, everything’s okay now. It’s already been so long, I won’t ask anything and also won’t cling to you anymore, there’s someone else already that’ll do that.” Myungsoo listened attentively at her. “We just probably weren’t meant to be. I mean, we went through a lot and loved each other dearly but at the same time we idealized each other too much, guess that was exactly what ended up breaking our friendship and trust in each other.”

Myungsoo nodded to her, understanding what she was saying but Jiyeon still could see the regret in his eyes, she knew what he needed.

“I accept your apologies, I forgive you.” She said with a smile and Myungsoo looked at her with widened eyes. “And I also must apologize to you, I also made a lot of mistakes and hurt you in the process.”

Myungsoo smiled at her with watery eyes.

“I also accept your apologies. Thank you Jiyeon.”

Myungsoo rubbed his eyes getting rid of the tears that gathered there and approached some other steps to her, he was about to hug her when Jiyeon took a step behind and lifted her arms a bit in order to prevent him from hugging her. Myungsoo looked at her with a puzzled expression.

“If you want to thank me and make me happy, then go and give that hug to your wife.” She said with a smile.

Myungsoo smiled again at her and nodded.

“Thank you Jiyeon.”

After that Myungsoo quickly went away, Jiyeon also walked back to the party and was able to look from afar how Myungsoo went straight to Nana and hugged her tightly. She smiled warmly at the scene, she felt lighter and knew that she finally and sincerely let Myungsoo go.

She suddenly felt a presence next to her.

“I assume everything ended up well.”

Jiyeon chuckled and looked at Minhyun who was also looking at her.

“Yes, you’re right, everything is finally where it should be.”

Minhyun smiled at her and took her hand, intertwining them, Jiyeon looked down to their hands and smiled warmly while caressing Minhyun’s finger with her thumb.

“Would you like to dance with me?” Minhyun asked her.

Jiyeon looked at him again with a smile.

“I would love to.”

 

A/N: Final chapter is up!

As always, thank you so so much for reading, and your patience, comments are appreciated ^^ 

Announcement of new story and final thoughts of the story in the final author's note.