Date Night

The Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is the moment that Seungwan has been waiting for, in the whole year of looking for answers, the whole year which was filled with doubts and pain. Someone came, someone as special as Joohyun came. Seungwan stares over the lady who's now coming back from the bathroom, her heart was pounding as she ran into the field more than ten times. Joohyun sat beside her once again and tried to act as normal as she could, but yes she miserably failed. She was now looking down as she tries to avoid Seungwan's eyes. "So when are you free for a date Miss Bae Joohyun?" Seungwan asked with a smile on her face. Hands went to poke the cheek of the brunette. "I'm so excited to take you out on a date." the red cheeks and a smile from the bank manager was seen making Seungwan chuckle.

"You will really date me?" Seungwan's subtle smile was present, her eyes were glued over Joohyun's. Her heart was pounding as she nods her head. "As in really? You'll go out with me?" she can only chuckle with the cuteness that the bank manager is showing, her eyes never left the lady.

"Yes, Miss Bae Joohyun I'll go out with you. So, can you tell me when are you free?" Joohyun's heart won't calm down as she heard those from Seungwan herself. Her hands were now touching her red and warm cheeks as she avoids the pastry chef's eyes. "Those red cheeks are cute, you're blushing like a mad teen." Seungwan then reached for her hand and squeeze it making Joohyun stare right into her eyes. "Don't be shy, you look cute." Joohyun then hides her face into the crook of Seungwan's neck, her heart won't still calm down.

"I'm free tomorrow, where are we going?" Joohyun's soft voice was heard, hands were wrapped around Seungwan's waist. Yerim was still sleeping making Seungwan smile by the sight.

"I'll pick you up at ten tomorrow. Let's go somewhere fun." Seungwan responded as she let her fingers run into the soft hair of the lady. Her heart won't stay calm as she continues to ruffle the hair of the bank manager, a smile is also present on her face.

There's no lie, Seungwan really feels beyond happy. The happiness that she's been deprived of, more than a year ago she herself couldn't define the word happiness, the happenings from the whole month were such a blessing and an eye-opener for Seungwan herself. From being sleepless, crying, and also degrading her self-worth, now she spends her night talking to Joohyun until she falls asleep looking forward to a new day that she could spend with the lady. From her very messed sleeping time, to have enough sleep, and most especially Seungwan stopped drinking just to fall asleep. She became happy and find the answers to her questions through two people, both Joohyun, and Yerim.

Joohyun took the courage to meet her eyes with a smile present on her face. "Should we wake Yerim up? So we can head home?" Seungwan glances over the kid who's sleeping so soundly while hugging all the stuff that both the competitive girls won. The kid's face was so calm and it shows how soft-hearted she is.

"Maybe let's give her a few more time to rest? She must be exhausted." hands went to caressed the latter's hair. She can only smile before meeting Joohyun's eyes. It was pure happiness behind those two brown orbs that made Seungwan feel courageous,  she leans closer and lands a peck on the inviting pink lips of the banker. Those two beautiful eyes grew bigger when she felt the pastry chef's lips on hers. "But aren't you exhausted too love?" the sweetness made Joohyun smile as she reached for the girl's hand. Fingers intertwined. 

"I am, but you're here, so that is beyond fine." Joohyun's voice sounded like a soft baby, she never left the eyes of the blonde lady.  Everything is so heart-stopping for Joohyun, those two beautiful orbs make Joohyun lost in love. 

Joohyun is known for being a er for love, she knows about the idea of love itself, but she herself doesn't know how, or when is it good timing to be in love. There are lots of guys who tried to win her heart, there's Bogum, the owner of the shoe shop near the bank. Yerim scared the guy away when he went to bring a pair of nice sneakers for the kid. And there's Suho, the mechanic from the motorbike shop across the street from Joohyun's home. Yes, Yerim scared him away by always crying whenever the guy is around. 

There are really a lot of guys who tried to win the tame heart of the bank manager, but none of them really succeed, it was really hard for Yerim to trust a man for her mother, she would always think that the guy who's trying to date her mom will just snatch her away from her. The thought of being abandoned whenever Joohyun builds her family is one of the worries the runs into the mind of the young kid. As the years passed by, Yerim realizes the fact that because of her disease she might just leave her mom in a snap, she needs someone to help her and to be with her. 

The shenanigans that make Joohyun awake every night, from thinking that she's weird for not being able to date despite her age. The lady who's been so hands-on with taking care of Yerim. That is why having Seungwan here right now, giving her the love and the care that she's been so deprived of. From dreaming of finally having someone who can make her feel like she hanged the stars for them,  the dream of falling in love became true for Joohyun. The day the pastry chef told her that she will be here for her made Joohyun realize that maybe this is what t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter