Family Day

The Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After 1 month.

Days, and weeks passed by quickly, everything seemed to be still like a dream for Seungwan. Just a month ago, she found herself asleep beside a drunk Joohyun, but here they're right now, sitting inside her own cafe, eating pastries with Yerim who seemed to be so happy. It still feels surreal for her, from being bombarded by thoughts of being not enough, here she is right now, enjoying every second with both Joohyun and Seungwan. Everything is new for her, from the fact that someone is out here making her happy once again, Seungwan is really on cloud nine. The thought of having Joohyun here with her is enough to make her smile, the fact that also Yerim is here to remove her tiredness from working at the cafe is enough to make her excited to pick the kid up from school every single day. Yes, Seungwan changed a lot in a span of one month.

From her usual weekend of drinking, Seungwan spends the weekend with the duo, from picnics to road trips, and most especially their camping and sleepovers. The famous broken pastry chef really found a home and happiness within Joohyun's company. "Are you sure that you don't like any drink?" she asked Joohyun who is busy munching the small choco chip cookie. Her eyes were glued over Yerim who's busy roaming inside the cafe, eyeing the new interior designs which Seulgi personally painted. Seungwan's eyes were focused on admiring Joohyun's face, she's wearing her bank uniform.

"I'm fine Seungwan-ah, these cookies are enough." the lady flashed a soft smile on her as she also leaned her head into the shoulder of the shorter lady. "Yerim really enjoys here. You know she loves to bake already." a soft chuckle was heard from Joohyun, making Seungwan smile as well. Her attention was still focused on the kid who's now enjoying talking to the customers inside the cafe who seemed to be so entertained with the kid's knowledge and talent. "How're your colds? Are you feeling better after drinking the mint tea that I gave you?" Joohyun asked as she sits up properly, her gaze went to Seungwan's face, and at that very moment their eyes meet, Joohyun's heartbeat started to pound.

"Yes, I felt extremely better after drinking that one, Thank you Joohyun." Seungwan smiles over Joohyun who's also smiling at her. Her hand went to tuck the strand of hair that fell on the angelic face. "How was work today anyways?" a soft sigh was heard from the bank manager. She scoots closer to the pastry chef.

"It's tiring, there are lots of stuff to do. The bank was so packed earlier. But I really enjoyed the lunch that you made for me." Seungwan's heart skipped a beat as soon as she meets the eyes of the brunette. Her smile was enough to make Seungwan smile as well. Hands went to poke the boop nose of the lady making her chuckle too.

"Yes, Yerim-ah your mama and Seungwan are in their own world again." that's Seulgi who's smiling while she's holding an empty tray, they're both staring at Joohyun and Seungwan. "Miss Son Seungwan, I'm closing the cafe now. You can check the cash register now." Seulgi said as she hits her best friend's arm making them separate. Joohyun's eyes were glued over Seungwan who immediately went near the cash register, and yes she's carrying Yerim as the kid looks over the cash register as well. "It seemed like Yerim is our lucky charm, every time she's here our sales are much higher than the usual." Seulgi smiles as she closed the register while patting the kid's head. "Bae Intern! You did well!" Yerim giggles as she hugs Seungwan tightly, Joohyun smiles as she took a photo of the two.

"My Yerimie did well hmm?" Seungwan pats the kid's head while pecking on her cheek. Yerim smiles as she giggles and grins too. "What does Yerimie wants, I'll be Genie Seungwan, I'll fulfill your wish." Yerimie immediately claps her hand as she grins over the pastry chef. Pure happiness is visible within her face.

"Eonnie, there's a family day at my school tomorrow! Mind if you can join me and mama?" the pleading eyes were present as she stares over Seungwan, hoping that the pastry chef will say yes to her wish. She's been waiting for this day to come, so she can tell Seungwan about the upcoming family day. 

"Okay! I'll be there tomorrow, to join you and your mama. Let us win a lot okay?" Yerim giggles as she literally hugged the pastry chef tightly. Joohyun's eyes went to stare over Seungwan and Yerim. The eyes were filled with questions but still, the smile is present within her lips. Seeing the sight is so heartwarming for her.  "Now, let me drive you and your mama home, so you can rest and gain lots of energy to win lots of stuff tomorrow okay?" Seungwan placed the kid down who immediately runs to her mom.  

Seungwan feels happy as she saw the smile blossomed on the lips of the kid as soon as she said those words. From the day she meets the kid, and up to now, Yerim can effortlessly make her smile just like how her mom does. From just seeing Joohyun rushing to get out of the building of their home every morning, down to seeing Joohyun get off from work, everything is so magical for Seungwan. The whole month she spent with Joohyun and the kid is like healing for her, she was able to find herself, find what happiness means, and most especially, Seungwan realizes that love is something that every individual deserves. Those realizations are almost all of the answers to the questions that she dropped to Joohyun during their first encounter. The genuine lady with whom she had a one night stand is now here, helping her to find the remaining answers to her questions in life.  With just one question left, Seungwan is now looking forward to findi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter