Hello from Yerim

The Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the world today, it's easy to build relationships with other people. The world can be easily connected, despite the distance, technology can make it possible. From telephones, smartphones, social media sites, and especially dating apps. No one can deny the fact that it's very easy to find someone whom you can be with you, and be your partner, but that is not the case for Bae Joohyun, the hopeless romantic twenty eight year old workaholic lady from Daegu who is now in Seoul. Known for her cold features, the bank manager is known for being strict and very focused person, but behind those personality, the manager is also a mother to her adopted five year old kid named Bae Yerim.

The very hyper active kid whom Joohyun loves the most. Yerim was known for her charms and her talent when it comes to singing. Joohyun who adopted the little kid five years ago is indeed the happiest girl. Five years ago, her mom was just nagging for her to have her own kid that's why she decided to adopt the little kid she was at the orphanage, that kid is Yerim who immediately captured her heart at the very first day she saw her. "Mama!" the brunette's attention went into her kid who's smiling while holding her piece of crayon. Responding with a hum, the kid grins over her mom. "Don't you want to date someone?" choking on her own food, she reached for the glass of water as she eyed the mischievous kid who still got that smile on her face.

"Ya Bae Yerim! Where did you get that word from?" Joohyun was wiping her lips with the napkin near her, eyes not leaving her kid who just shrugged and returned to coloring her homework. "Did you get it from Joy again?" she was leaning her face near Yerim's to get her attention, but the kid is indeed someone whom can easily make you feel defeated. There was no response from her kid. "Aren't you happy with mommy that you're even asking for someone else?" soft eyes went to meet hers, head shaking as the kid placed her crayon down. The sight which made the brunette soft.

"No mama, you're more than enough for me." teary eyed the little girl asked her mom to carry her. Indeed Yerim is a very mischievous yet a very sweet girl. Despite of her very young age, she's aware of her being an adopted daughter of Joohyun and she loves that idea. Snuggling into her mom's neck, she sniffs and hugged the smiling mother tighter. "Yerim loves you mama. She loves you a lot." hands went to ruffle her daughter's hair, Joohyun can only smile as she pecks on her daughter's temple.

"Mama loves Yerim too, she loves her a lot." pecking on her daughter's cheek she let her meet her eyes, smiling over the kid she tries her best to cheer her up. "Do you want to buy some macaroon around the corner?" a door flung open making the duo stare at it, there stand a tall lady wearing her sweatpants, hoodie, hair in a bun, the same smile as Yerim was pasted on her lips.

"Did someone said pastries!" that's Sooyoung, Yerim's partner in crime, she's Joohyun's cousin, a university student who's taking business management, she lives here with Yerim and Joohyun. The oldest in the room can only roll her eyes. "Yerim I can tag along right?" the kid immediately nods her head as a response to her aunt. They both giggled and that made Joohyun feel defeated and have no choice.

Grabbing her purse from the table, the trio went out of their home. "Mommy Yerim wants a blueberry cheesecake." Yerim's pleading eyes was seen as she jumps while they're waiting for the elevator. "Sooyoung eonnie said she wants red velvet cake two slices." wriggling her brows over her older eonnie, the oldest is ready to whack her cousin right in front of her own kid.

"Indeed! Joohyun eonnie is the best!" Sooyoung was grining as they went out of the building. Hands holding Yerim's little hand they run into the pastry shop across the street. It just opened a week ago.

"Ya! Be careful, Yerim might fall!!" Joohyun shouted before she follows the two. Happily hopping inside the pastry shop, Yerim and Joy stares over the glass, staring over the different pastries.

The tall lady froze upon seeing a bear looking figure who got a very soft smile while waving her hand over Yeri who's blinking right now as she stares over the cakes. "Good evening what can I do for you?" the lady was holding a piece of lollipop as she continues to eye Yeri with a soft smile on her face. "Here's for you little one, do you want to know what's our best seller here?" Sooyoung immediately waves her hand over the lady. Everything seemed like to froze as she saw the tall lady smiling at her.

"Hi, yes can you recommend us what's the best, aside from your beautiful smile."  chuckling the lady extended her hands as she offers a handshake. "My name is Sooyoung, Park Sooyoung, mayhaps I can be Kang Sooyoung in the next few years." winking her eyes, the bear looking figure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter