A day with Yerim

The Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maybe this is a dream, all of the happenings from last night is just a nightmare. Joohyun breathes out as she closed her eyes and tries to open them as soon as possible, hoping that she'll wake up in a bed, the bed which is not foreign. But that didn't happen,  standing there was the girl that she had a one night stand with, carrying her own daughter who's smiling like a happy kid she is. "Wendy eonnie! You're here!" the kid giggles as she leans her head into the shoulder of the blonde lady.  "My mama is here, she really liked the cake we made for her." Seungwan placed the kid down after patting her head softly. The awkwardness and the tension between the two are so visible. 

"Should I leave you and your mama so you can have fun?" her hesitant eyes went to meet the eyes of the mother of the kid. Gulping the imaginary lump on , she won't even foresee seeing a girl that she had a one night stand with at this kind of setting. Although the girl in front of her was her first. 

Yerim immediately shakes her head and pouts her lips. "Mama said I can do anything I want today, right mama?" the eagerness and the desperation were visible in the tone of the kid's voice.  Eyes filled with hopes as well. 

"Y...Yes, you can join us today since Yerim invited you." she's not sure what's the reason behind her words stuttering, trying her best not too embarrassed her self more, she tries her best to give a soft smile over Yerim who is now jumping due to too much excitement.  

Joohyun doesn't even know what to do, how to act, or anything else. Right now she's basically standing beside the person she had a one-night stand with, and the worse part is, the person shares a bond with her own daughter. "See, I told you my mama is a very sweet person." Yerim giggles as she reached for the hand of her mom and Seungwan. "Now, let us go to have lots of fun!"  Seungwan's smile was present in the corner of her lips, hands were gripped by the small hands of the five-year-old kid. The smile that seemed to be only visible once in a while. Her cold and seemed to be so stoned heart will always warm upon the sight of the mischievous kid. 

There's no lie that Yerim wants Seungwan and her mom to be close, that is why when her auntie Sooyoung told her yesterday to ask the pastry chef to go with them, she immediately grabbed the opportunity to do so.  The kid feels like her mission was complete but without her knowledge the two ladies already shared something. 

"What do you want to do first Yerim-ah?" Joohyun asked her daughter as she flashed the softest smile that she got, her hands were busy fixing the ribbon clip on the kid's hair. Seeing the smile blossom into the kid's lips is more than enough to remove the awkwardness that Joohyun is feeling. 

The kid pointed out the photo studio, the two can only stare at the kid who's giggling. "Mama, since Seungwan eonnie is my newest favorite eonnie, please don't tell auntie Sooyoung about it okay? It is our secret! She will be mad." the blonde pastry chef can only chuckle as she heard the words of the little girl. "Can the three of us take a photo together mama?"  the request of the kid made Joohyun feel hesitant at first, the words she heard from the blonde last night went back to her senses. From knowing how she's currently processing her heartbreak and all. But what made Joohyun lightly smile is when she saw Seungwan raised her thumbs. 

"A..are you sure that it is okay?" that is her first word to Seungwan while they're walking towards the photo studio. She herself isn't actually sure why she asked the lady that question. Eyes were shaking as she meets Seungwan's eyes. 

"Yes, don't worry it is really okay. Let us do it to make Yerim happy." it was the first time that Seungwan directly smiled at the brunette. Joohyun can only smile too as she felt a rush of happiness in her body. "What will your auntie Sooyoung say once she saw our photos?" the blonde asked the kid who's currently sitting and behaving as she sits between the two ladies. A soft laugh was heard from Yerim before she stares over Seungwan who got this soft smile on her face.  

Yerim pursued her lips before starting over Seungwan, "For sure, Auntie Sooyoung will be jealous. But yes, she's busy." the kid is very mature enough for her age. She can understand that there are times that her support system will not be around to help her. That is why she's trying her very best to learn to do things on her own. That is the thing that makes Joohyun proud, the way her daughter tries to be responsible at such a young age. Yerim stood there holding her phone, her skilled hands went to capture a photo of Joohyun and Seungwan. "Mama, you and Seungwan eonnie looks so cute together." both of them just awkwardly chuckle as they stare at the photograph the kid has taken. 

"It is our turn already, come on Yerim-ah." Joohyun pats the of her daughter before she pushed her inside the studio. The photographer gave them a soft smile. Yerim sits on the chair the photographer provided for the kid. Both Seungwan and Joohyun stood behind the chair. 

"Can you two come a bit more closely?" gulping the imaginary lump on , Seungwan scoots closer to the brunette who is staring straight into the camera. "Yes, that is way better. Can you put your arm around her shoulder?" the kid's eyes went to look at the two ladies who look very awkward. The hesitation in the eyes of the pastry chef is present. After internally breathing, her arm s into the woman's shoulder. "Okay, that is perfect." the photographer snaps some photos of the three. Seungwan was smiling right into the camera, a smile that was so hard to see.  She won't deny it, in the span of the year since she went back to Seoul, this was the very first time that she could ever flash a genuine smile. The whole year was so hard for Seungwan, it was filled with her yearning and pain from her last heartbreak. The only witness to her sufferings was the heavens and her friend Seulgi. 

Everything changed when Yeri came into her life, from the first phone call that she received from the kid, down to what they're doing right now. She can only smile, the way the kid shares her concerns with her, down to show how much she loves her mom. Yerim is indeed an ideal child.  

Seungwan glanced over at Joohyun, the smile that she got is filled with emotions, her eyes spoke to the blonde. The eyes are beautiful, the memories of how those beautiful eyes drove Seungwan to her ending point that night. "Aigoo, now that we have taken a photo already, what else does Yerim wants to do?" the mother of the kid asked her after placing the photos taken inside Yerim's bag. The day is still long and Yerim still got two things she wanted to do. 

"Can we ride that mama?" Yerim pointed to the Viking while smiling widely over her mom. Joohyun who got fears of heights is now smiling awkwardly over the kid. She's happily jumping as she drags both of the ladies near it. "Please mama." leaving with no choice, the three of them are now sitting at the back of the Viking. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter