Love is the Way

The Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days and weeks continue to pass by, Joohyun is now back in their home in Daegu, while Sooyoung lives with Seulgi in Seoul. There were a lot of changes in the span of three months, Yerim also returned to attending school in Daegu. Meanwhile, Joohyun is working in their own restaurant. There were no days that Joohyun is hoping that she will just randomly see Seungwan standing outside the restaurant, three months seemed to be so short but her heart was longing for her lover. Joohyun stretches her body as soon as she heard her alarm, she lazily reached for her phone and turned it off. "Mama, are you feeling okay? No morning sickness?" she heard Yerim's tiny voice as soon as she stares over her daughter. The kid got these hopeful eyes as she stares over her mother. Her hands even went to her mom's bump. "Don't give mama a hard time today dongsaeng-ah." Joohyun can only smile as she pats the kid's head.

"Aigoo, our older sister is really a good one hmm? Now let us stand up and prepare, grandma is surely waiting for us to eat." Joohyun stood up from the bed with a slight groan, making Yerim immediately hold her mom's hand. "Mama is doing fine hmm? Just back pains. Come on lemme get you ready for school." the duo then went inside the bathroom, Joohyun was just about to help Yerim get the dress off when she was gestured by Yerim to stop. Her eyebrows crumpled as she meets the kid's eyes.

"Mama, I'll be a big sister in a few months, I know how to give myself a bath already. You can just rest or go down and help grandma." Yerim was now lightly pushing her mom out of the bathroom, while Joohyun can only chuckle as she finds Yerim so cute. "Now mama, go go go." Joohyun was now left standing outside their room, a smile present on her lips.

"Since when did my Yerimie grew that fast?" Joohyun muttered those before she went into the sink to wash her face. A soft pat on her shoulder was felt, it was her mom who's smiling at her right now. "Good morning eomma, Yerim's taking a bath on her own. The kid told me she's old enough to do it on her own." both Joohyun and her mom chuckled, the brunette then went to drink a glass of water before hugging her mom. "Eomma, can I ask you a question?" Joohyun's mom glanced at her daughter before nodding her head. "Did she meet you somehow?" Joohyun's been dying to ask her mom about it. She just knew that Seungwan went to personally talk to her mom through her letter.

A soft sigh was heard from the older lady, she placed the three bowls of rice on the table before she stares at her daughter. "Do you really want to know about it Hyun-ah?" her mom gestured her to sit, so she immediately does. A soft smile was seen on her mom's face. "You know, you dated someone who is so worthy, I know what made you into her." Joohyun's mom sat beside her daughter and held her hand, she gives it a soft squeeze before proceeding. "You know that she even showed me the memories that the three of you created, she apologized for giving me this kind of news without the marriage." Joohyun's heart was beating fast as she heard what her mom just said. "She's very responsible, a person who's very well raised. You found someone who deserves all the best in life Hyun-ah." Joohyun's mom was smiling as she pats her daughter's shoulder. "I just want you to trust her Hyun-ah, just like how I trusted her. She's worthy, I know she won't fail and hurt you this time." Joohyun can only stare at her mom, trying to read every single emotion that her mom was carrying. The hand of the older lady even went into her daughter's baby bump, a sweet smile is present on her face. "And I'm sure this little one won't grow up being deprived of her mom's love. So, take care of yourself Hyun-ah, and your baby." both Joohyun and her mom's gaze went into the door that flung open, Yerim was now wearing her school uniform making Joohyun smile at the kid.

"Aigoo my Yerimie is doing so well! Lemme just fix that hair of my baby." Yerim happily giggles before she stood in front of her mom who's currently sitting. Joohyun's hand was skillfully fixing the hair of the kid. She can't help to be proud of her first daughter.

"Mama, Yerim is not a baby anymore. I'm a big sister already." a loud snort was heard from Joohyun as she finishes fixing her daughter's hair. Tiny arms went to wrap around her neck. Joohyun can only smile as she pats her kid's back. "I'm still mama's baby?" the hope was present within the kid's tone, she even lands a soft peck on her mom's cheek.

"Yes, for mama, Yerim is still my first and forever baby." the kid giggles as she lands another soft peck on her mom's cheek. The kid also sits on her chair, after pecking on her grandmother's cheek. "Now let us eat, for sure Saeronie will be here in a few minutes, you two would be late if we won't eat." the brunette starts to place some food on the kid's plate before she starts eating as well.

The peaceful breakfast time came to a halt when they heard a knock on their door. "Joohyun imooooo." a tiny voice made Joohyun smile before she stood up to personally open the door for the young visitor. "Good morning Imo! Good morning Yerim's little dongsaeng." the kid greets Joohyun with a hug which made Joohyun soft. Yerim was also rushing to get her bag inside the bedroom.

"Ya, Yerim-ah be careful." Yerim grins over her grandmother before giving her a kiss on her cheek. Yerim also runs towards her mom who's now standing in front of the door. The kid immediately gave her mom a hug before pecking on her both cheeks.

"Mama, Saeron and I will be going now." the kid waves her hand before clasping her small hands on Saeron's. Joohyun can only awe by the sight, a soft smile present on her face before pecking on her daughter's cheek.

"Be safe, and have fun with Saeron. See you later our big sister." Joohyun fixes Yerim's ribbon for the last time before sending the two off.

-

Joohyun was now busy placing back the used plates on the sink for her to wash. This is the only job her mom wants her to do. Despite having a lot of work inside the restaur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter