Eyes Locked, Hands Locked

The Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun's eyes slowly opened when she heard a loud noise from the kitchen of their home, she tries reaching for Yerim but to no avail. A slight groan was heard from her upon feeling her head throbbing in pain, she lazily stood up from her bed and went to the bathroom, to probably vomit. She immediately squats as she grips on the bowl while she's taking out all of the unnecessary particles on her body. Joohyun froze when she felt someone reach for her back and giving it some soothing circles. "Are you okay?" that voice, Joohyun won't be wrong, that voice belongs to someone special, and that someone is the person that she has been waiting for months. Her eyes drifted to the person, and there she saw Seungwan, eyes filled with concerns, she doesn't know what to do next, all she can feel is her tears that flow from her brown orbs, she was just about to reach for Seungwan when she vanished into thin air, and the very next thing that Joohyun felt was Yerim poking her cheek. 

"Mama, wake up, why are you crying?" Yerim immediately hugs her mom upon seeing Joohyun shred a tear. All of her hopes were now gone, she thought that Seungwan was already here. "Mama, Yerimie needs to go, I'll be late. I was just about to give you a goodbye kiss." Yerim was staring at her mom before she wipes the tears away from her mom's eyes. Joohyun ends up nodding her head before pecking on her daughter's forehead.

The kid happily grabs her bag before going out of the room. Meanwhile Joohyun lazily stood up and went into the bathroom, maybe a short dip in the tub will remove all of her unnecessary thoughts. As the days keep passing by her longing for the short haired lady keeps on getting deeper. She can only sigh as she tries to disregard all of her thoughts. After half an hour she finally went out of the bathroom, she wears a one piece dress and comb her hair.

"Eomma?" Joohyun called for her mom as she went inside the kitchen, she roams her eyes around the area. "I guess I'm alone." she whispered before she check the meal that her mom prepared. There's an abalone soup and meat with side dishes. Something that would help Joohyun to have the energy to work at the restaurant today.

Joohyun sits on her usual seat before she starts eating the food that her mom prepared. Her eyes roams around the house, she can only lightly smile. "It's really empty whenever Yerim is not around." Joohyun said as she continues to eat. Her attention went into her phone when it vibrated. A call from Seulgi.

"Joohyun eonnie, I'm here in Daegu with Joy. We are just informing you that we will take her out later and pick her from school." Joohyun placed her spoon down as she listens to what Seulgi was saying. "Yerim's exams ends today right eonnie? That's why Joy insisted for us to go here. She missed Yerim so much." Joohyun's soft smile pasted into her lips.

"Just take care and bring her back at the restaurant before we close hmm? Tell Sooyoungie to come home too. Eomma missed her." Joohyun responded as she stood up and placed her plates into the sink. "Let's all have dinner together later. It's been awhile." Seulgi's giggle was heard from the other line making her smile again. She's very thankful for the best friend of the love of her life.

"Ne eonnie, We'll see you later then. Take care and don't exhaust yourself." Joohyun responded with a hum before ending the call. She just made herself busy with washing the dishes before she hurriedly went out after grabbing her bag and keys.

She starts walking to the restaurant which is just a few meters away from their home. She's bowing to the people she knew and smiling at them. "Aigoo you're really pretty Joohyun." Joohyun can only bows over the compliment from the older lady that she happened to pass by.

"Eomma, I'm here."  Joohyun announced as she got inside the restaurant. Her mom welcomed her with a soft smile while wiping the tables around. "Sooyoungie finally went home eomma, she will be here later for dinner, she'll be picking up Yerimie." the older lady's excitement was seen on her face. A soft smile was seen on the corner of her lips. "What can I do today eomma?" Joohyun asked after reaching for her apron. She even proceed to wash her hands.

"Check the stocks Hyun-ah, and just sit and wash the dishes. I don't want you to be tired." her mom responded before tying her daughter's hair. Joohyun can only smile at her mom before proceeding to do the things that she's supposed to do.

-

Joy then closed the door of their home in Seoul, before hopping into the waiting car. She smiles and lands a peck on Seulgi's cheek. "Why am I the one who's getting excited for this?" Joy chuckled as she muttered those words, her eyes were glued to the gps. "Incheon Airport." Seulgi reached for Joy's hand before she speeds up.

"Do you know that she didn't even fell asleep before her flight? She's so nervous and she don't even know why."  Seulgi chuckles as she glanced over Joy who's caressing her hand. "Told her she needs to sleep so she could have lots of energy. But she's anxious, she's curious if she's still welcome here or what." Joy's soft sigh was heard before she stares over Seulgi.

"If she only knew how much Joohyun eonnie waited for this day to finally come. If she only knew how Irene eonnie cries each night." Joy can only look in her girlfriend's face, admiring how she never left her bestfriend's side and even Joohyun's. "I know Joohyun eonnie will be the happiest person before this day ends and I can't wait to see that." Joy smiles upon the thought of Joohyun being reun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter