What are you doing here?

The Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Answering her phone, Joohyun smiles as soon as she received a call from her mom. "Joohyun-ah happy birthday." the lady was smiling as she heard her mom greet her.

"Grandma! Can we go to Daegu soon? I miss you, and your cheese kimbap!" Joohyun was smiling as soon as she heard what her daughter just said, her hands went to wrap her arms around her kid. Indeed, Yerim is starting to understand the idea of a family. Joohyun doesn't know how, or is there a possibility for her to fall in love with someone. Internally sighing, her hands went to ruffle her daughter's hair and pecks on her forehead. "Of course we can visit grandma! But Yerimie, mama is happy with you Yerim-ah." Yerim's eyes went to meet her mom, eyes were almost teary as she meet her mom's eyes. "I will be happy, and will always be happy whenever you're here."  fingers went to wipe the tears that fell from the kid's eyes. "Thank you for being strong and giving mama the happiness she's been craving for." Yerim just went to snuggle into her mom's embrace hugging her tightly. "There's no days that I'm scared that you will suddenly leave me baby but I'm so thankful that you're still here for mama." The grandmother on the other line can only smile as she heard what her daughter said. Indeed Joohyun will never be empty if Yerimie is here.

-

"Happy Birthday." her light smile was present while she's standing near her car, staring at the night view. Stars that shines and the dark skies an indication that the skies are about to shower, same as her swelling and painful heart. "I just like to greet you." reaching for the can of beer she drank it all. Eyes shaking as she tries her best to keep herself sane.

"Seungwan... I told you to stop." the lady from the other line responded, her voice that seemed to be so stressed is present. "Seungwan it's been a year, you need to move on already." Seungwan can only chuckle as she drinks another can of beer. Eyes were nearly tearing up. How can the other girl from the line already moved on, when she's here hurting and crying to herself. "Be happy." the call ended, but how can she be happy when she's the main reason behind her happiness. Tearing up she reached for another can and made herself drown with the alcohol.

A few hours later, Seungwan was still drinking while still staring at the night view of the city. "I think that's enough." a voice caught her attention, a long haired brunette who's standing, holding a bottle of soju on her hand. Seungwan points herself as she stares over the lady. "Yes I think you had enough." she can only chuckle as she placed the can down.

"Mind if you can join me?" Seungwan is really drunk at this point. To the point that she can't even recognize the girl that she's talking right now. She can only see Rosé's face. The face of the girl who broke her heart. With tiny steps, the girl approached her. "Ahhh what should we do?" Seungwan glanced at the lady beside her. Hands were gripping over the can of beer on her hands. "Have you experienced having your heart broken?" she can only sigh as she placed the empty can of beer back into the trunk of her car. She really had lots. The lady beside her shook her head before she chuckles.

"As weird as it might sound, but I haven't dated anyone." Seungwan can only chuckle as she drinks another can of beer. "You must have a heart problem." she drinks the remaining drink on her bottle before staring over Seungwan. Eyes were filled with unspoken emotions. It must be so hard for her.

"My ex-girlfriend was actually pregnant with another person's baby that's why we broke up." Seungwan mutters those as she chuckle bitterly. Her hands run into her hair before she threw the can of beer. "She told me she wants to build a family with me." Seungwan was now smoking mad as she remembers how her ex cheated on her. "And I was also ready to start a family with her." the lady glanced at her the bitterness of the alcohol has no match to what Seungwan is feeling right now. "But why can't I move on at all?" the hand of the lady went to pat the shoulder of the drunk blonde.

"Time will heal everything, don't rush yourself. I don't know anything about love but that's what my mom usually says." the words of the girls came into Seungwan's senses. Eyes locked on her. "You might be feeling down up to now but for sure you'll be better. You yourself knows what you deserve and I'm certain you'll find the right person for you." Seungwan's eyes was getting lost as she stares over the lady in front of her. Without realizing Seungwan leaned to capture the lips of the other lady.

Hands were clenched over the dress o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter