Hello it's me Joohyun

The Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun shines brightly, Joohyun tries to reach for the person next to her on the shared bed, a bed that she shares with her future wife, her Seungwan. Her lips turned into a soft pout when she didn't felt the same warmth that keeps her warm through out the cold winter weather. "Seungwan?" her soft voice was heard in sync of the soft whimper that escaped her lips, her eyes drifted to the small blue crib near their bed, just as what she expected the baby crib is also empty. Joohyun then went inside the bathroom to do her morning rituals and to prepare for one of the things that she's been wanting to do ever since she gave birth. To meet the person whom she wanted to ask a lot of questions. After awhile Joohyun went out and saw Seungwan who's preparing breakfast while Yerim is keeping her sister pre occupied by playing with her. 

"Mama is finally awake. Good morning love." Seungwan greeted Joohyun as soon as she saw her walking near the kitchen after giving the kids a peck on their cheek, she also leans to peck on Seungwan's lips before smiling. "I prepared eggs, French toast, and fruits."  Joohyun smiles as she reached for a piece of mango before she watched how Seungwan placed all the foods on the table. "Is Seunghee sleeping Yerimie? Let's eat."  Yerim who immediately nods her head puts her switch down before she sits on her customized purple chair which Seungwan insisted to buy. Joohyun then decided to carry the sleeping child before she sits on her seat beside Seungwan. 

"Thank you for the food love." Joohyun was smiling while she's holding Seunghee who's sleeping so well, Seungwan who doesn't want to give her a hard time assisted her to take a bite from the sandwich before taking a bite from hers. "Can I go out today? I just need to check on something." Seungwan's attention went to the brunette who's currently staring at the peacefully sleeping baby. 

"Do you want me to drive for you?"  Seungwan asked as she let Joohyun have another bite of the sandwich before she slips a piece of mango as well.  The brunette immediately shook her head while she's munching the food that Seungwan personally prepared. She doesn't want anyone to come with her, because Joohyun thinks it's the best for her and for her alone to settle everything. To settle every single baggage's that she carries before she finally start a new chapter on her life. 

A new chapter as Seungwan's wife,  Joohyun eyes Seungwan who's now helping Yerim with slicing her pancakes. She can only flash a soft smile by the sight, indeed she fell in love with a goal oriented person, a person who wants the best for her family, and someone as responsible as Seungwan. "Seunghee will be with mama Seungwan today." Joohyun softly talks to the small baby who just opened her eyes and was currently staring at her mom, she can't help to smile as she stares over the bundle of joy, the blessing that the heavens gave to her and Seungwan. "Yes mommy will be heading out today, I'll be home as soon as possible. Yes baby you will be with Yerim eonnie and mama Seungwan for today." Joohyun was smiling as she see how the little Seunghee who looks almost identical to Seungwan smiles. It was so heart warming and was enough to remove the worries Joohyun was thinking. 

"Prepare now love so you can go home early. Let me take Seunghee." Joohyun smiles before she pecks on her daughter's cheek, she also lands a soft peck on Yerim's cheek before she starts preparing to go out.  In less than two months, she will be marrying Seungwan. The date that they've decided was the very first day they meet inside Seungwan's cafe. 

Joohyun lets her hair flow down, wearing her long brown coat, a black long sleeve inside, she stares into her reflection was stunned when she saw Seungwan standing in front of her carrying a sleeping Seunghee. "You scared me, aigoo she fell asleep again?" Seungwan nods her head before she placed Seunghee down on her bed. Joohyun's contentedly smiles when she felt Seungwan's warmth, her arms were wrapped around her waist. "I won't take long, you can handle them both right?"  Seungwan tightens her hug around her waist making her chuckle softly. It will be the first time that Joohyun will head out without her three girls and it is really something new for them. 

"I'll miss you, go home fast hmm?" Joohyun's heart swells, she's really in love with every single thing about Seungwan. Ever since she became a mother Seungwan really changed, she became way more mature and hardworking to provide the needs of her family. She also never forgets to take care of Joohyun and their two kids. "What do you want for dinner? What should I cook?"  The brunette can only stare over the blonde who got this sad eyes, she can't really let Joohyun go out alone but since it was her choice she have no other thing to do. 

"Ask Yerimie about it. I need to go hmm? The kids Seungwan."  Seungwan nods her head before she escorted Joohyun out of their home. The brunette can only smile over Seungwan before she pecks on her lips. "Text me if you need anything. I'll get going."  Joohyun waves her hand before she starts walking towards the direction of the bus station. 

Finally she will be able to face the person who she wants to hear the side of the story, before marrying Seungwan, one of the things she wants to do is to talk to Rosé the lady who broke the girl that she built a family with, the person who made Seungwan way more mature and prepare for every responsibility. Sitting inside the bus, she can only stare at the window, many things had already changed, she's no longer a bank manager, she's now a full time housewife surrounded by her two angels, and most especially the love of her life. She also managed to meet her own father even before he finally rests. This whole year was indeed a blessed year for Joohyun, Seunghee came into their life and she's finally read to settle down with the person she prayed and hoped for. 

Standing outside the police station, Joohyun took a deep breath before she went inside, it's been a year since she last went here. A year ever since Yerim's accident, and a year ever since Seungwan left her. It was a very hard time for Joohyun given that it was her first trimester of pregnancy when everything start to get out of hand. But she's very thankful for that moment, and she wants to somehow say her words of thanks to the person who let Seungwan go, to the person who made Seungwan be the matured mother she is today. 

Her hands were shaking while she was being assisted to the room, after a year she will finally face her again and this time as a calm mother, hoping for a closure, hoping to understand the main reason why the person in the orange shirt reached this point. Joohyun gulps the imaginary lump on when she saw the long haired lady. It's been a year and there were basically a lot of changes on her body, she became way more slim and she was walking like a tired human being. "Just an hour." Joohyun nods her head as a response to the guard who finally went out of the room. The only barrier of the two ladies were the glass right in front of them. Joohyun's hands was resting on her lap as she quietly stares over Rosé. There was like a minute of silence before Joohyun took the courage to speak. 

"It's been awhile, I'm sure you were shocked when I suddenly requested to talk to you." Joohyun clears before she flashed a soft smile over the confused long haired lady. Joohyun was planning to do this ever since she gave birth, but she just can't find any time, she was busy taking care of Seunghee, Yerim, and of course of her hardworking wife to be Seungwan. "I was waiting for this opportunity to finally come and I'm glad that Seungwan finally allowed me to go out on my own. I know you're aware of how hard to leave your child right?" Joohyun is trying her best to have a normal conversation with the lady in front of her, she wants her to speak and to finally let go of everything that she's also carrying as well. It must be hard for her and Joohyun wants to hear her out. "I just wanna know how are you doing? I also got in touch with your mom. I tried reaching her out and I got this." Joohyun raised her phone as she shows Rosé a picture of her own kid which was sent to Joohyun a few days ago. There are lots of reasons for Joohyun to never forgive Rosé, the expression from the other lady starts to soften. "I know how hard it must be for you and that is why I went here personally, to meet you, now that I'm feeling better, now that Yerim is healthy, and now that Seungwan is here with me again." It took them a year before they finally saw and meet each other again and this time, Joohyun is finally letting go all of the anger and the hatred that she used to carry. "Tell me why you did it, what made you reach that point?" Rosé was shocked when she heard those words from the brunette who just leaned her hand over the table, her eyes went to the ring on Joohyun's hand, she doesn't even know why it suddenly hurts her, the feelings that she had for Seungwan was still here and it's making it harder for her each day, yes she cheated and she messed up, but back then Rosé was so desperate to win back the heart of the very kind pastry chef. Despite knowing how unfair it would be, despite knowing how selfish it was, she wants Seungwan back. 

"Irene..." she feels so hesitant, she doesn't know what to say because there was no valid excuse or any defense for what she did. She herself is a mother and she knows how hard it was whenever your own child is hurting or sick. Rosé knows that yet she still chose to be selfish and involve a five year old Yerim that time. "I was left with no choice that time, I was so desperate." the tears starts to build up from Rosé's eyes. The happenings from almost two years ago hits her like a truck, the emotions were overflowing, she envies the girl in front of her. "My daughter was diagnosed with a heart disease at the very day she was born. When my other half knew about it, she decided to leave me and my daughter behind." Rosé's tears escaped from her eyes, the pain and the happenings from almost two years ago is hitting her back like a truck. Joohyun's eyes was glued over the lady who's now looking down. "I was jobless that time, my mom was just a minimum wage earner. I never thought that her father will leave us, but he did. I was lost by that time, thinking of what to do? How to make my child survive? How can I give her a life that she deserves."  Yes Rosé knows it was pure bull to hear her reasons, but when she meets Joohyun's eyes she felt a sort of warmth that the lady was really willing to listen to what she was saying. "The only person that I thought of that time was Seungwan, I know that she's into me and  I know that she can be the only instrument to help my daughter survive Joohyun. I know it was so selfish me." she wipes the tears from her eyes, she now realizes how bad it was for her to do everything she used to did. She's a mother too and she knows how hard it must be for Joohyun,  to take care of Yerim while she's pregnant and suffering about Seungwan's absence. She feels so guilty that the selfishness and the greed that she had became a result of hardship for everyone. "The last time Seungwan called me was during my birthday I know she was drinking that time. She keeps on telling me she can't move on and stuff like that that's why I went here hoping that I'll still be able to win her back. But you were here already." Joohyun's eyes went into the diamond ring on her finger, she gulps the imaginary lump, the happening from two years ago where she first meet a wasted Seungwan, and the night that changed her life came back to her like a strike of thunder. "I'm sorry Joohyun. I know Seungwan is the type of person who can't say no that's why  I reached this point I was so desperate."  the brunette bites her lower lip as she continues to stare over the ring that Seungwan gave her, a sign of her love for Joohyun. 

"Do you know that I witnessed how hard she yearned for you that night? She was in so much pain. That's the very first time we meet outside her cafe."  This time it was Joohyun who's now staring over Rosé. "I can still remember her exact words that time, Am I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter