Start of Something New

The Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan reached the cafe and saw her best friend staring at her while she wiping the table. "Went out on a date?" the voice of the bear looking figure was heard as soon as Seungwan steps inside the counter. "You look so bright, it's been a while since I last saw you that bright." Seulgi patted her friend's before she leans into the counter to stare over her best friend who's smiling at her. "Didn't I told you a year ago that there are people who can also make you smile without even trying?" the pastry chef can only nod her head over the black-haired lady. "I hope that happiness will be the start of your new life Wan, a life without living in the pain from your past." Seulgi shrugged before she went back to work.

Inside her kitchen, the pastry chef leans her back into the counter, staring over her phone for long. "S...Should I?" the pastry chef leans her head into the wall before she composes a message. 

[Friday  6:45 PM] Son Seungwan:  Hello Joohyun, it is me Seungwan! 

Standing there pacing back and forth, the pastry chef was startled when she felt her phone beeped.  

[Friday 6:50 PM] Bae Joohyun: Hi Seungwan eonnie! Mama is busy cooking dinner right now, she's asking if you already had dinner. 

An automatic smile flashed into her lips. She can only sit at the kitchen counter as she replies to the kid's message. 

[Friday 6:52 PM]  Son Seungwan: I haven't eaten dinner yet, I'm planning to eat once I'm off home. Eat well with your mama Yerimie. 

After closing the cafe, Seulgi went inside the kitchen, there she witnesses a sight of Seungwan smiling over her own phone.  That is enough to make the bear looking figure smile, the whole year was so hard for Seungwan and even Seulgi was affected. 

A year ago, Seungwan knocked into the door of Seulgi's home, messily crying. Fresh from Canada, her best friend was crying that day. It was one of Seulgi's worse nightmare. Knowing Seungwan since they were kids makes them close, and when I say close, it is like they share the same heart, same pain and all. 

Her best friend was broken-hearted and was dumped by the very first person with whom she thought she would spend the rest of her life, from that day, Seungwan invested her time drinking and trying to look for answers to the questions which was left unanswered for her.  Seulgi was so pissed, she wants to fly to Canada, just for her to slap the girl who made her best friend broken. 

Here's Seungwan right now, smiling as she stares over her phone, and that is making Seulgi feel happy. "I'm out to have dinner with Joy, wanna come?" Seulgi asked her friend who immediately shakes her head. 

"I'll be having dinner with Yerimie and Joohyun." Seungwan's voice made Seulgi smile, the excitement in her tone is so visible.  That was the very first time.  "I'll get going now, Yerim is asking me to teach her homework."  the pastry chef was rushing to grab her things. The bear looking figure can only pat her friend and watched her get off the cafe. 

Seungwan was now outside the door of the Bae's family unit. In her hands were cupcakes that she made earlier before she went to meet Yerim. Her hands were just about to press the doorbell but the door opens and there she saw Yerim, wearing her purple pajamas. "Mama! Seungwan eonnie is here already! She got cupcakes!" Joohyun's soft chuckle was heard as she went out of the kitchen, she's wearing a purple apron and holding a plate of potato marbles for side dishes. "Mama prepared a lot! We should eat well eonnie hmm?" the kid dragged the pastry chef inside their home while smiling, she immediately points to the newest display in their living room, it is their photo that was taken earlier. 

Seungwan sits beside the kid who is now busy showing the pastry chef the homework that she can't even finish. It is a math problem.  Joohyun can only smile over the two, the blonde was busy teaching the kid her math homework. "Yes, Yerim you just need to borrow from the number beside it." Yerim pouted her lips before leaning her head closer to her book. "If Yerim can answer all of the questions, I will let you bake again inside my kitchen." the kid's eyes went wide as she stares over the pastry chef who got a soft smile on her face. 

"Yerim will focus!" Joohyun chuckles as she heard what her daughter just said, her eyes were focused on the lady beside her kid. She can't help to smile as she saw the effort the lady is exerting for her daughter. "Seungwan eonnie, am I doing this one right?" the pastry chef leans her head closer to the paper the little kid is doing. 

"As expected of our bright Yerimie!" the kid giggles before she continues to do what she's doing right now. Joohyun on the other hand went to sit beside Seungwan, the pastry chef can only glance over Joohyun. "She's really doing well for a five-year-old." Joohyun can only grin over Seungwan. The smile on her face was present. 

"Her mom isn't a bank manager for nothing." both Seungwan and Joohyun chuckled as their gaze remained over the kid. "Yerim-ah I guess we should eat first." the kid placed her pencil down and went to stare at her mom.  

Both ladies stood up and went to follow Yerim, the kid immediately sits in her usual seat. the dinner was just filled with stories and laughter. The laughter that Seungwan never thought that she'll exp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter