Forgive Me

The Number
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi's eyes widens upon seeing Seungwan getting inside their shared home. "Wan?"  Seungwan placed down the foods that she bought along the way. She collapsed her tired body on the couch. "Is there anything wrong?" Seungwan just shook her head before taking her phone out.

"Just wanna give Joohyun some time to think." the blonde pastry chef responded as she stares at the messages that she received. Some are from her mom, and also Joohyun's mom.

[Friday 8:30PM] Bae Eommanim: Seungwan-ah, I'm sorry for causing conflict. I'll make sure to let Joohyun understand it. Take care.

Seungwan just breathed out before she composed a message for Yerim.

[Friday 9:30PM] My Angel Yerim: Yerimie, how is mama doing right now? Make sure she eats on time hmm? I'll be back there tomorrow. For now sleep with mama hmm?

Seungwan immediately dives into her bed and took the box from her pocket, the ring that she's been dying to give to Joohyun, to finally give her the assurance that she's wanting to give to the lady ever since. Her hands went to touch the stone and gem that is on the ring. "Planning to propose soon?" she heard Seulgi's voice and the door shut. Her bestfriend is now sitting beside her on the bed. Seulgi even reached for the box and stares at it up close, a warm smile is present on her face. 

"Sort of, but I don't want to rush her, but somehow, I want her dad to witness her princess getting married." Seulgi's eyebrows crumpled as soon as she heard what her bestfriend just said. She also stopped admiring the ring and went to meet Seungwan's eyes. "Joohyun's mom asked me a favor, to meet Joohyun's dad who's suffering from cancer, he only got three months to live." Seulgi immediately scooted closer to her bestfriend, wanting her to elaborate more. The blonde can only sigh as she stares at Seulgi. "I happened to meet her dad, asked her hand for marriage, also knew that the cancer cells on his body already spread on his organs. There's no chance anymore. When I went there he was coughing so bad." Seungwan's voice was low while she's staring into her bestfriend. Everything is so hard for Seungwan right now. "Joohyun told me she misses her dad despite not meeting him a day before I went to check on her dad. But when she knew that I got involved, she got mad." Seungwan low chuckle escaped . But she can't blame Joohyun for reacting that way. Yes she must be shocked upon knowing that the person that she haven't seen in almost three decades is already dying and she can't do anything about it. 

Seulgi can only sigh as she doesn't know what to say, the news made her weak, and feel sorry for Joohyun. "Why don't you marry Joohyun eonnie before his dad's final days." Seulgi wants the best for both Seungwan and her Joohyun eonnie and for Seulgi it is very necessary for Joohyun's dad to witness the sight of her one and only daughter becoming one with the person that she loves. 

"Do you think that is a good idea?" Seulgi immediately nods her head before smiling at Seungwan, and that is enough for the duo to understand and formulate a plan. 

Joohyun sits on the edge of her bed, holding her phone, she was just about to compose a message when the door flung open. It was her mom, carrying some foods as she gets inside. "Hyun-ah, here's some food I prepared, you should eat." Joohyun was just staring at her mom, her hand was resting on her bump. "Let's talk hmm? Yerim is already sleeping in my room." the older lady went to reach for her daughter's free hand and gave it a light squeeze. "It was not Seungwan's choice to get involved Hyun-ah, I asked her to do it because I don't know how to break the news to you." Joohyun looks down as she bites her lower lip, every single thing that she heard earlier was still not sinking into her brain and senses. Everything still feels like a dream for Joohyun. The way she craved for the fatherly love that she didn't even received even once, and now when she finally heard about her dad, the person that she waited for decades, the person that she's been dying to meet ever since Day 1 is already on his final days. "She was a bit hesitant at first, but nevertheless she still meet your dad earlier. She told me that your father's condition continues to worsen each day. He wants to meet you, he wants to even hold your hand even for the last time." Joohyun's mom starts to sniff as she felt so emotional. Joohyun can only look down as she listens to what her mom was saying. "That is his only wish Hyun, I hope you can give your dad that chance." Joohyun's mom wipes the tears from her eyes before she stood up from the bed. "Eat well, and rest well. Seungwan will be back here tomorrow. Give her a call she must be waiting for it." as soon as the door shuts, Joohyun sniffs, how can she be this coldhearted. How can she be like that when the person that she wants to meet is already dying. 

She reached for her phone and wipes the tears that fell from her eyes. She gave Seungwan a call and waited until the blonde pastry chef answered the call. She starts sniffing again upon hearing Seungwan closed the door of her room. "Are you crying love?"  Joohyun couldn't bare to respond to what Seungwan just asked. The tears were still flowing from her eyes. "Wait for me, I'll be back there."  Joohyun can only bite her lower lip as she tries to prevent the tears that keeps on falling from her eyes. 

Joohyun finds herself sitting on one of the swings near the park at their home, her hands were gripping on her coat while the tears were still flowing from her eyes. How can she be this cold hearted. Joohyun felt a warm coat being wrapped on her upper body. That is when she realized that Seungwan was already standing beside her. The lady squats and wipes the tears that fell from her eyes. "I'm sorry I can't lessen the pain that you're bearing." Seungwan whispers as she remains staring over Joohyun, her hand also went to reach for her free hand. "I'm sorry that the only thing that I can do for you is to tell you that I'll be always here for you and will never leave you." Seungwan flashe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter