Seven

Sands Of Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tara and Henry followed HyunJae and the others down another warm, decorated hallway until they came to a white door; MiYeon opened it and switched a light on to reveal a small garage. One by one, they all filed in, and Tara scanned her eyes over a number of different cars.

"Oh, not again..." Tara whispered in remembrance of her choking incident earlier that night.

MiYeon and HyunJae led them through the few cars and Henry couldn't help but admire them (they didn't have as many as their father, so it wasn't too hard to reach the car that they were being given to use). They finally stopped next to a black, shiny car which had a roof, thankfully for Tara.

HyunJae grabbed Mark by his shoulder and pulled him close, "You listen, and you listen good - take them to Jaemin and make sure he knows exactly what's going on. You got it?"

Mark nodded, "Right, I got it."

He nodded and let him go so that he could climb into the driver's seat. Tara looked back and forth from Mark and the married couple in fear and sadness.

"B-B-but what about you two??" She stuttered.

MiYeon shook her head "Don't you worry about us, Tara, we'll be fine. Just go straight to Jaemin and show him the box - he'll know exactly what to do."

Tara stepped towards him, one hand gripping the red bag and the other hanging onto Mark's sleeve "But we can't just leave you - come with us!"

HyunJae shook his head and opened the door, "As flattered as I am, we really don't have time to express how much we care for each other's safety."

Henry, as guilty as he felt, knew that they were right. After all, this is what they were telling them to do. They wanted them to go. And so, he carefully led Tara over to the open car door and helped her get inside. HyunJae walked around to the other side of the car and opened the garage door as quickly as he could for them, and whilst he did so, Tara unwounded the window to speak out to him.

"You can't defeat all of them - just the two of you! Why can't you just come with us? Please?!" She exclaimed.

HyunJae turned around once the garage door had lifted up fully, revealing the dark night outside "They're after all of us now, and it can't be you two. You're too important, kid. Besides, I've taught MiYeon a few things through all these years," He winked and smiled "We can hold out long enough to buy you all some time to escape... Make sure you guard that box with all you've got, Tara. If they get it... well, that'd just be really, really, bad."

Mark started up the car and HyunJae jogged back around to MiYeon's side. Henry, having to unwound his window also, looked up at them both and smile genuinely.

"Thanks... for everything - you know." He said, feeling slightly awkward.

MiYeon smiled warmly "Don't worry, Henry - you're doing just as well as you had hoped to at being her older brother."

Henry paused and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion "How did yo"-

"We knew your mother well," She interrupted him and tilted her head to the side, "She would be proud of you. Both of you."

"See you later, mom! Dad, take care of mom!" He called out.

"Oh! -- And Tara!" MiYeon gasped, catching her attention again just before she was about to lean back from the window "Tell Jaemin... Tell Jaemin that we love him, and that this is his chance."

Tara lowered her eyebrows in wonder over what the second part of the message meant. With that, Mark pulled on the gear stick and, stepping down on the pedal, sent the car speeding out of the garage at the exact same time as men in black reached the doorway and spotted MiYeon and HyunJae. Tara and Henry turned around and watched them both get into fighting stances, and after that, they drove around the side of the house where all of the empty jeeps were parked and reached the main road safely; they could no longer see them.

Their next journey had begun.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark had been driving the siblings for at least an hour now, and the journey had been completely silent for the entire time. Nothing but the whispers of the city from the other side of the windows and the humming of the engine could be heard. It was like everyone was staying quiet for fear that even a single breath would crack the precious silence and bring everyone back into a deep abyss of fear, sadness and worry over everything that had previously happened.

But Tara couldn't hold it in any longer.

Tara leant the side of her head against the window and watched the city lights flash by her blurry, teary vision. Her heart felt as though it was as heavy as a cannon ball, and was tight with chunks of sadness and guilt. A tear rolled down her cheek and she sniffed, wiping it away. Henry raised an eyebrow of recognition and looked over at her; he knew those sniffs from anywhere.

"Tara?" He asked "You ok?"

Tara remained in a reflective silence for a moment before taking a quiet breath in "How could we have just left them like that..."

Mark flipped his mirror down and looked back at Tara "Oh, don't worry, Tara. I know them, and they won't go down without a good fight."

Tara leant away from the window and shook her head "But that doesn't mean that what we did was wrong and immoral. It doesn't mean that they aren't going to get hurt... We should never have left them."

Henry frowned at s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter