Twelve

Sands Of Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten minutes later, Tara was still sitting in the same seat that she had sat herself in when Jaemin had gone to the bathroom. Henry had packed all the money up and was now sitting with Mark on the couch in front of Tara. She was twirling an auburn curl around her index finger whilst staring at the corner of the table in a comfortable trance. Mark and Henry were having a terribly amusing time trying to snap her out of it by throwing invisible balls at her face and clicking their fingers to an annoying beat. But to both their amusement and disappointment, she remained under the hypnotism of the table. So many things were rushing through her mind, and she was in fact still very tired. If it hadn't been for Henry's and Mark's outburst that morning, she would have slept a lot longer until she was purposely awoken by one of them.

Henry let his hand fall into his lap and sighed with defeat "She's a tough one, ain't she."

Mark stuck his tongue out over his bottom lip in concentration as he made some more catchy clicks "I can take her."

Henry leant back in his seat and, lacing his fingers together, placing his hands behind his head "How long till' your brother's ready, huh? It's almost been fifteen minutes and we're ready before him."

Mark soon lost interest in trying to break Tara from her trance and shrugged "He'll come out soon. He may be a cocky brat, but he's organized."

"He seems like a determined young chap." Henry added.

For some reason, Tara rescued herself from her daze and, blinking rapidly, looked across at her brother and Mark. Mark nodded and gave a light smile.

"He's more than determined. He always gets what he wants... and he's quite the ladies man, the lucky guy." He chuckled.

The two of them laughed with each other and Henry elbowed him proudly in the side. Tara scoffed and rolled her eyes, scrunching her nose with distaste.

"Well you're on your own with that opinion, boys." She sniggered.

The two of them stopped laughing and looked over at her with raised eyebrows. Tara looked over at the kitchen and folded her arms across her chest stubbornly.

"Quote personally, I think he's a bumptious, disrespectful, indecorous, impudent man" She snapped, and Henry and Mark froze in surprise, their eyes wandering above Tara, "A complete scoundrel." She finished.

"Anyone I know?" The voice of Jaemin spoke out from behind her.

Tara jumped and leant forwards in her chair to look round. Once she had confirmed with herself that it really was Jaemin, she rose up onto her feet and laced her fingers together at her stomach.

"M-Mr. Na, I..."- She cut herself off once she had noticed just how... refreshed...Jaemin looked.

His hair had been neatly combed so that his fringe was to one side and he was wearing clothes that were a lot more impressive than the ones he had on earlier. With a cream, cotton shirt that had its top two buttons undone, revealing the top of his smooth, muscly chest, he wore brown trousers with brown braces tightened over his shoulders and crossing upon his back. He had the same brown boots on, but they didn't look half as mutilated now that they had been put with such a clean outfit. Tara didn't just think he looked refreshing, but it was as though he was a completely different man. Jaemin smirked and waved his hand in front of Tara as though she was in under hypnotism. She blinked rapidly and cleared with slight embarrassment.

At seeing this, Henry clicked his tongue in annoyance and threw his hands up.

"How come he did it so easily?" He whined.

Mark made a huffing sound like a horse, "Some guy's are born with all the gifts."

Jaemin raised an eyebrow at Mark and then looked back to a slightly blushing Tara who was looking down at her feet. He followed her gaze and remembered her ankle once more, and stepped round next to her. Tara looked up in curiosity and stepped away from Jaemin.

"What"-

"Sit down'. I'll wrap your ankle before we go." He told her.

Tara shook her head "That's not necessary, I'm fine."

He rolled his eyes "You won't be saying that when you start slowing us down and we'll have to leave you behind in the middle of the desert."

Tara's eyes widened under intimidation and she quickly sat herself down in the chair again. Jaemin nodded and, placing his brown, packed rucksack down on the now clean table, made his way back into the kitchen to collect the medicine box. Henry smiled knowingly at his sister and raised a teasing eyebrow.

She raised one in return, but hers was of annoyance.

"Oh yes, a complete scoundrel." Henry sarcastically agreed.

Tara snorted angrily and tore her eyes away from her cocky brother. What on earth was that sarcasm for? Tara had meant every word of it. Every word. Jaemin appeared next to Tara within the next second and knelt down in front of her. Tara kept her eyes locked upon the kitchen area the entire time that it took Jaemin to wrap the thick bandage material around her pink ankle. Jaemin often glanced up at her to see if she was looking, but always found her stiff, slightly nervous eyes looking elsewhere. What had gotten into her?

Jaemin tied the bandage in place and closed the medicine box, "You're all done."

He stood to his feet and waited to see if he could catch Tara's gaze, but she looked down at her ankle instead of him. He smirked irritably and stood to his feet, heading back into the kitchen. Tara released a heavy breath of relief and ran her fingers over her head to brush some curls back from her heated face.

"That feels better." She said aloud.

She looked up and noticed that Henry was still smiling provokingly at her. She narrowed her eyes in warning and he began whistling sarcastically as though he had done nothing at all. She shook her head and leant down to poke at the area around her ankle. It hurt only faintly, but she could tell that there was a lot of trapped water from where her body was trying to protect it.

"So, is everybody ready?" Jaemin called from behind Tara near the front door.

Henry and Mark looked to each other before standing in unison and brushing each other down. Tara was about to do the same when a pair of small, black boots fell into her lap and made her jump.

"Put these on." Jaemin told her and walked away.

Tara stared down at the ugly boots in distaste, but knew she had no other choice. It was either these, or one of her feet would have gone . And besides, the boots actually looked quite supportive for her ankle. Tara placed the boots on the floor and, after undoing the laces, slipped her feet in - making sure to take extra care with her bandaged one. She quickly did the laces up as tightly as they needed to be and joined her brother and Mark in standing up. When she turned around, Jaemin was already waiting by the open door for them.

"About time." He sighed, and stepped outside.

Tara's lips tightened in a thin line of tolerance and she walked around the chair towards the door. Henry and Mark followed behind her - Mark holding the red bag - and they all filed out into the hallway. Once they were all out, Jaemin shut the door behind them and turned to walk down the hallway in the opposite direction of the elevator.

"Where are you going?" Tara asked.

Jaemin turned around and walked backwards a few paces. He threw something to Mark, which turned out to be the keys to the battered car that was parked out in the street, and he smiled tauntingly at Tara.

"To tell the old lady to look after 'Haechan' while I'm away. Don't worry, I'll be back honey." He cockily said.

He turned back round and walked across the hall to another door before he could see Tara shoot him an angry glare. Tara growled in annoyance and marched back up the hallway behind Mark and Henry, making sure to snatch the red bag up from Mark's grip as she passed him on entering the elevator.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter