Fourteen

Sands Of Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tara patted her chest desperately and stumbled out into the isle in her panic. Jaemin marched over to her and spun her round to pull her into him, backwards. He wrapped his arms around her waist and started pressing his fists into her stomach. After three whacks, she made a choking sound and the small ball of sandwich flew out from and landed on the floor a few feet away in front of their attackers. She released an exhausted breath of relief and wiped with the back of her hand.

Jaemin removed his arms from around her and grabbed her wrist "Quick."

Tara was still in a state of dizziness and shock as he tried to pull her away. She jerked her hand out of his and stood her ground.

"I think not, Mr. Na" She panted "Just because you saved my life, it's no excuse for your behavior earlier."

The men standing near the doorway locked their eyes upon Tara and the other three and suddenly drew their long, silver swords. The other passengers in the carriage who had been watching in shock let out gasps and screams and jumped up from their seats. They all ran past Tara and Jaemin, knocking them aside into other seats, and did the same to Mark and Henry.

"An 'excuse me' would have done perfectly you know!" Mark shouted out after he banged the back of his head against the arm of the chair.

"Give us de' Emerald Heart." One of the men ordered as he walked up the isle towards them.

Jaemin was the first up in his seat. As he got up and stood in the middle of the isle, as though preparing for a fight, his eyes secretly wandered around in search of the red bag. Tara sat up in her seat and hooked her fingers over the top of the chair before her, peering over them to watch the men. The bag was in the chair only two seats ahead. Glancing at the three men, she bit her lip nervously.

Could she get to it in time?

"Give id' 'do us!" The exotic voice snapped.

Jaemin clenched his fists by his sides "You'll have to go through me, first."

Tara glanced over at him nervously. Was he mad? Standing up to three men with swords?? Before she could do anything to prevent it from happening, the man charged at Jaemin with his sword held across the front of him. Jaemin ducked down just as he slashed his sword out and spun round to elbow him hard in the gut. He then rotated his arm so that his fist swung up and the back of his cracked into his nose. The man fell back down on the floor, unconscious, and Tara gaped with an open jaw.

It was more than clear that Jaemin could take care of himself.

"Bloody hell." Henry whispered in amazement.

The other two men looked up from their bloody partner and clenched their swords angrily. When they suddenly charged at him, both at the same time, Tara took the chance to scramble over the top of the chair in front of her and fall into the lap of the seat on her side. She heard a number of grunts and growls, followed by the clashing of swords, punches and thuds, but she didn't look round. She stood up on the chair and climbed over to the one in front where she landed on the seat next to the red bag. She didn't want to take any risks, and so she ped the bag and had a feel around for the box. She quickly brought it out and stuffed it down into the cleavage area inside her bra and did her cardigan up with shaking fingers. She cursed silently under her breath because she couldn't seem to do one of them up without failing once or twice, but once she had done the very last button, she sighed in success. The small square in between her s was hardly noticeably now.

A hand reached out and grabbed a scruff of hair on the top of her head and pulled her out into the isle. She fell down onto her knees with a growl and began slashing her fists out at the pair of legs that stood straight before her.

"Let me go! Let me go!" She yelled.

A sudden crack activated the release of Tara's hair and she pushed herself back on her knees to watch the man fall down onto the ground with a battered nose. Tara could tell by the sudden bruise on his forehead that the bone of his nose had gone too far up...

He was dead.

Tara clasped her hand over in disgust and was pulled up onto her feet by someone. She let out a wild yelp and spun round, elbowing them in the cheek. She heard a painful growl and a small curse, and she immediately knew it wasn't one of the bad guys.

"Jesus, it's me!" Jaemin yelled angrily.

Tara blinked at him a few times and then sighed "Oh... just you."

"Just?" Jaemin repeated impatiently.

Tara rolled her eyes at herself and smiled weakly "I was worried I'd hit someone else."

"Oh, lady, you've got some nerve." He grunted.

Jaemin narrowed his eyes and gave a sarcastic half-smile. He spun her round and pushed her forwards so that she had to step over the dead body. She didn't know where he was taking her, but she allowed him to take her anyhow. Mark looked over at Henry with a nervous, stunned expression on his face and they both stood up together. Henry, however, had a proud smug, smile across his face and tugged on the sides of his jacket.

"Damn right - bloody well taught them." He sniggered.

Mark raised an eyebrow and watched him weave in and out of the men, and slowly followed behind them. He nervously stepped over one of them, and as he though he had been as quiet and careful as possible, he almost leapt through the roof of the moving train when a hand grasped around his ankle. He quickly looked down to see that the man had awoken, and without thinking, he kicked him in the face as hard as he could and knocked him back out. Henry was now the one who looked stunned, and Mark smirked at Henry and strode past him.

"Indeed - bloody well taught them." He mimicked him, although he had a reason to be sounding proud.

Mark glanced at the unconscious man once more before following, making sure to swipe up the red bag that sat open in Tara's seat. Tara was taken into the storage room with Jaemin, and Jaemin waited for the two buffoons to strut inside before shutting the door behind them. It was a very stuffy room, packed with all kinds of crates and bags. A couple of wooden cages hung from the ceiling with small birds inside, twittering away, and Tara noticed Mark eyeing a very interesting-looking safe back up against the wall.

Tara sighed heavily and sat herself down on a wooden crate, "How did they follow us here without us knowing? Why won't they just leave us alone?"

Jaemin walked through the room and began calmly searching the room just in case there were any more 'stowaways' hiding "They'll never leave us alone. They'll chase us forever."

"Forever?" Henry whined and plopped himself down on the floor next to Tara.

"If that's what it takes" Jaemin replied, peering round behind a tall, rectangular crate, "These men aren't easily discouraged. They won't give up on something they want."

"Tell me - who are these people exactly?" Tara asked curiously, eyeing Jaemin in suspicion as he wandered around the room.

"Mark can answer that one. Can't you Mark?" He asked with a hint of amusement in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter