Five

Sands Of Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Henry opened the cabinet again and took out the pocket full of money before opening his car door and running round to Tara's side. He opened her door and carefully picked her up bridal style so she wouldn't have to walk at all.

"You ok?" He asked, closing the door with his foot.

Tara wrapped her arms around his neck and looked up at the house with interest "Uh huh. Thanks."

Henry tossed the packet of money into Tara's lap and then walked back around the car and up onto the curb. Tara never took her eyes off of the house throughout the time that it took Henry to stride across the parking area to reach their front doorstep underneath the grey, stone archway that covered it. Tara reached out and grabbed onto the metal door-knocker, which was the head of a lion, and clunked it against the brown, wooden door three times, and she then locked her hand back around her brother's neck. Henry stepped back politely and nosily tried to peer through the windows on either side of the door, but to his dismay, they were covered with deep-red, curtains that only had a thin gap in the middle where they met which didn't really let him see anything at all.

Tara swallowed and started coughing from the tight, dry sensation in . She narrowed her eyes in pain and brought her hand to her neck.

"That man's done something to my wind pipe, I know it." She whispered.

The door suddenly opened with a few light clicks and Tara and Henry snapped their eyes onto the doorway to see a very tall, well-built, handsome man around his forties standing there. He had black, combed hair with plump lips and dark, brown eyes, and he was wearing brown trousers, a grey shirt with braces over his shoulders, and boots.

He blinked and eyed the two of them up and down with a raised eyebrow of suspicion "Yeeeeees?" He asked warily.

Tara frowned in slight hope "Mr. Na?... Na HyunJae?" She asked.

The man lifted his nose up slightly "What do you want with him?"

"We need his help. Our father sent us here wit"- Tara was cut off with a fit of painful coughs and buried her face on her brother's shoulder.

She couldn't talk any longer. Henry looked down at her with concern and then realized he had to take over.

"Our father, Park TaeHo, sent us here... Some really bloody crazy stuff's gone on, and we found a letter from our dad telling us to come to you." He told him.

The man's eyes lit up with immediate recognition "Park TaeHo?"

Henry nodded "That's our dad."

He observed the two of them for a few more minutes. He didn't know whether to truly trust them. Any of his enemies knew Park TaeHo used to be close with him... It could easily have been a trap.

"HyunJae? Who is it?" A woman called from a room in the house.

"So you are HyunJae?" Henry asked rhetorically.

HyunJae glanced behind him out of the corner of his eye in decision. Tara let out a painful groan when her ankle gave a sudden throb of pain, and HyunJae looked at her with slight sympathy. He soon sighted and stepped aside to let Henry in. Henry nodded gratefully and walked into the hall; the house looked completely different from the outside. The floor was a shiny, brown and white styled and the walls were a dark brown. Lights stood on tables here and there, and almost every piece of furniture and decoration was a piece of ancient importance. The paintings were all of Egyptian and Grecian people and pyramids etc., and there were many small statues of different types of Egyptian and Grecian myths and legends lying around. The house was very warm and Tara could smell the scent of some kind of creamy incense.

HyunJae shut the front door behind them and then led them down a hallway until they came to then end of it. They were now standing upon a balcony that lead all the way around the living room, and HyunJae took them down the steps and over to where a woman was sitting reading a book with a pair of reading glasses on the end of her nose.

"My love... We've got visitors."  HyunJae announced in a surprised tone.

Tara turned her head away from her brother's shoulder and looked down at the woman sitting on the brown chair. Their eyes connected and the two of them immediately began gaping at each other with a dreamy look across their faces. The room melted away like water and Tara closed her eyes with a small sigh.

When she opened them again, she wasn't in HyunJae's living room... and Henry wasn't holding her...

Tara stood at one end of the golden, grand Temple Hall, wearing nothing but a golden bikini suit with a golden veil across her face and a body-sized one wrapped around her hips. Her skin had been painted over with shimmering gold, and on top, she had Egyptian markings drawn in black paint. On particular pattern was on her left arm, like a grid, trailing all the way down, underneath the arm-bracelet that had the head of an Anubis dog upon it. Her hair was long and straight, jet black, and she wore a golden mask across the top part of her face.

She looked around and found herself being watched by a large gathering of Lords, Ladies, Servants and... the Pharaoh of Egypt.

"Begin!" The Pharaoh roared in Egyptian which, amazingly, Tara could understand.

The crowed cheered and applauded, and Tara looked directly ahead of her to see another woman approaching her. It was Nefertiti; the daughter of the Pharaoh. Tara felt a deep determination spark inside of her and she walked towards Nefertiti with cold, sharp eyes. Nefertiti suddenly pulled out two wrist daggers and charged at Tara. Tara spun down and round and, bringing out her own daggers, slashed them out at Nefertiti's side. She missed by a mere inch.

Tara looked up at Nefertiti from her crouched position and smirked. Her father was watching. She had to make a good impression. But for some reason, Tara felt like someone else was watching as well. Someone she felt very strongly for. Tara slowly rose up into a stance position and the two of them watched each other with their daggers held up powerfully.

Tara suddenly rushed at Nefertiti and began slashing her dagger left and right at Nefertiti. Nefertiti flipped backward and did backwards-flips across the room whilst Tara ran after her, slashing her daggers away. She swiped her foot out and caught Nefertiti from her balance, causing her to fall back onto the ground. Tara leapt on top of her and held both daggers to her neck, and everyone burst into new applaud.

Tara had won.

"Tara??" Henry snapped.

Tara blinked rapidly and looked around in confusion. What had just happened? She looked up at Henry and found herself lying down on a long couch with her head leaning back against a cushioned pillow.

"What..." She muttered.

She tried to sit herself up, but the pain in her ankle kicked in and reminded her of why she had to be carried into HyunJae's house. Henry pushed her back down and shook his head.

"You just zoned out again." He whispered to her.

Tara turned her head and looked over at Mrs. Na; she seemed very tense and, perhaps, even a little surprised.

What exactly had just happened?...

Tara's eyes locked with Mrs.Na's and they both froze again. Tara then noticed that Mrs. Na had long, curly brown hair and exotic dark eyes, even though she had rather pale skin. But those eyes... she felt as though she knew them from somewhere. As though in a dream or something... HyunJae looked down at Mrs. Na with concern and placed his hand on her shoulder so that she snapped out of her staring.

"MiYeon?" He asked.

She looked up at him and smiled reassuringly. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter