We Got Married

Annoyed but Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Your parents were here earlier.”

“MY WHAT??!!” Bona’s eyes grew bigger.

The worker was a bit jumped with Bona’s sudden behavior. “They needed the key to your apartment since they couldn’t be able to reach you.”

“Don’t tell me you gave it to them??!!” Bona exclaimed.

“Huh? B-but they are your p-parents..” Yeonjung mumbled scarily. “Are we not supposed to give the key?” She asked innocently. Bona left her apartment key at the front counter before leaving for LA last few days.

“No, no. You did the right thing..” Bona sighed as she dragged her suitcase into the lift. Usually if her parents came to Korea, they would be staying at her place rather than the hotel.

*DING

She was standing in front of the door. “God. Please have mercy on me.” She mumbled to herself before she knocked it. Although the place had a bell, she felt like knocking.

*KNOCK *KNOCK *KNOCK

Yeoreum was the one who opened the door. “Unnie!” She went out of the apartment and shut the door slowly.

“Sis, what is going on!!” Bona exclaimed.

“Okay listen, mum, dad and the dog are here..” Yeoreum whispered.

“The dog?” Bona asked again. She forgot that she was the one who gave the name to Kihyun. “I mean why you all are here??!” She snapped.

“Hmm because of you..” Yeoreum said in English. “Mum is mad. Really really mad.” She made a worried face.

“Urghh.. I’m leaving!” Bona said as she turned herself and ready to walk back to the lift.

“Can you please just settle this one and for all??!” Yeoreum grabbed her sister by her wrist.

“Urggghhh!” Bona groaned as she followed Yeoreum inside the apartment. She had no choice. “Mummm.. dadddd..”

“Oh they are not here. They are out meeting some friends.” Yeoreum mumbled as she made her way to the kitchen.

“Huh?? Then why didn’t you let me in at the first place?” Bona asked her weirdly.

“Oh. I was trying to add on some suspense in you.” Yeoreum giggled.

“Aissshhh!” Bona landed herself on the couch. “What about him?

“Oh he’ll be arriving early tomorrow morning.”

 

The Next Morning

At the Sons’ Residence

“I’m nervous.” Eunseo mumbled.

“Don’t be.” Mrs. Son said with a comforting smile.

The time was 7.30AM and they needed to be at the hospital around 9AM as the surgery would take place around 11AM. Eunseo grabbed on the phone and started to call Bona. But there was no answer.

“Please don’t forget..” She sighed to herself.

 

At Bona’s Apartment

Bona just got out of the shower and saw a missed call on her phone. She checked it, and seeing it was Eunseo’s house number.

“I’ll be there in few minutes..” She smiled as she went to her closet. “Yeoreum!! Wake up!!” Both of them slept in the same room since Bona’s apartment had only 2 bedrooms. Her parents were on the other room so Yeoreum had to sleep with her. “SISS!! I DON’T WANT TO BE LATEE!” She yelled.

“I’m up.. I’m up..” Yeoreum forced herself to get up as she didn’t really want her sister to get mad at her.

“I give you 10 minutes!” Bona exclaimed before she left the bedroom. She walked to the kitchen for plain water when someone called her.

“Jiyeon, in the living room now!” Yes, it was her mother.

“Urghh.. I’m going out in a few minutes!!” She yelled back from the kitchen.

“Living room NOW!!”

“Aishhhh..” She mumbled angrily as she went to the living room. She saw Kihyun and both of her parents were sitting on the couch.

“Yeobooo!!” Mrs. Kim called for his husband.

“Can we do this later?” Bona said. “I really need to go.” She said seriously.

“Is there something else more important than family??” Mrs. Kim asked sarcastically.

“Hmm yes mother. I have someone right now which is far far more important than anyone else.”

“SIT NOWW!!” Mrs. Kim exclaimed loudly.

“Hmm mum..” Kihyun tried to interrupt.

“Keep quiet.” Mrs. Kim said.

Bona just went to the couch with an angry face. “There. HAPPY?” She said as she crossed her arms. She was sitting next to her father.

“We really need to talk about this issue.” Mrs. Kim started to talk.

“What issue??!” Bona snapped. “I don’t have an issue!!” She shouted.

“You and your mother are just the same..” Mr. Kim closed his ears. Both of them love to scream.

“Why is it so hard for you to understand that I want a good future for my own daughter?!” Mrs. Kim snapped back. Both Kihyun and Mr. Kim just sat there silently.

“What futureee??!” Bona exclaimed. “I have my own futureee! Yours are !!” She continued.

“WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE!!” Mrs. Kim exclaimed loudly.

“AND YOU !” Bona stood up from the couch and pointed at Kihyun. “I thought I made it clear to you?!” She was so angry.

“Yes you did, Jiyeon.” Kihyun mumbled slowly.

“Then why are you here?!” She asked loudly.

“It was a coincidence. I’m here on a business trip. I was scheduled to come here way even before your mum called.” Kihyun started to explain.

“Huh?” Mrs. Kim turned to Kihyun.

“Mum, I’m sorry. As much as I love your daughter, I just don’t want to see her suffer..” Kihyun said nervously to Mrs. Kim.

“What are you trying to say??” Mrs. Kim asked angrily.

“I don’t wanna get married to her.” Kihyun said.

“GODD! THANK YOUUU!!” Bona sat back on the couch.

“YEOBO!!!” Mrs. Kim looked at Mr. Kim.

“Huh?” Mr. Kim didn’t know what to say. Actually he didn’t know which sides he should take. “Why can’t we just let Bona decide honey..”

“AHHH THANK YOUUUU!!” Bona sighed loudly.

“What is wrong with the worlddd!!!” Mrs. Kim screamed.

Then Bona’s bedroom door was opened. “What’s with all the screaming?!” Yeoreum said as she walked to the couch and sat beside her mother.

“Yeoreum, tell your sister about what I said on the plane.” Mrs. Kim said to her in English.

“Hmm..” Yeoreum tried to recall everything. “Oh yeah.. She will approve your girlfriend, if she’s capable in taking care of you. And yes, she needs to be filthy rich.” She said calmly.

“Heh..” Kihyun mumbled. “Good luck then.” Kihyun smiled as he stood up from the couch.

“Yah, what’s that supposed to mean??” Bona crossed her arms.

“Mum, I had met the girl, and you are not going to be happy with it.” Kihyun remembered what happened when he offered Eunseo money at Bona’s apartment.

“Can you please just leave?!” Bona shouted at Kihyun.

“And stop calling my mother, ‘MUM’!!” Yeoreum joined her sister.

Suddenly what surprised both Yeoreum and Bona was when their father started to join them. “SHE’S NOT YOUR MOTHER FOR GOD’S SAKE!” He exclaimed.

Kihyun just made an annoyed face and left the apartment.

*RING *RING *RING

“I need to get thisss!!” Bona screamed her heart out.

“Just answer the phone unnie, you don’t have to scream.” Yeoreum said with a straight face.

“Baby..” Bona answered the phone.

“Where are you??” Eunseo whined.

“I’m coming. I’m coming.” Bona said softly. She decided to answer the phone call in front of her parents.

“I’m leaving the house..” The younger girl was whining all the time.

“What? Already?” Bona looked at the watch.

“I need to see you before the surgery..” Again, Eunseo whined.

“Can I see you at the hospital instead?” Bona asked sweetly.

“Yeah.. Sure..” Eunseo mumbled.

“I really have to gooooo!!” Now it was Bona’s turn to whine in front of her mother.

“We’re not done yet.” Mrs. Kim said.

“Look, my girlfriend is going to be at the hospital for a ing knee surgery!! And I need to be there with herrrrrr!!” Bona snapped again.

“WATCH YOUR LANG-”

“STOP IT MOMM!!” Bona interrupted. Mrs. Kim couldn’t say anything. “I will arrange a meeting for the both of you to meet!” She said again.

“But I wanna meet her too..” Suddenly Mr. Kim mumbled.

“Oh sorry daddy.” Bona apologized for leaving her father out of the picture. “I will arrange a dinner or something for everyone to meet her.” She corrected her sentence earlier.

“Fine with me.” Mrs. Kim crossed her arms seriously.

“Huh.. THANK YOU GOD!” Bona sighed loudly. “Can I go now??” She asked again.

“Yes honey.” Mrs. Kim smiled.

“Yeoreum, let’s go.” Bona called for her sister as she walked to the door. She promised her little sister to meet Eunseo before the surgery.

“Bye!” Yeoreum waved happily to her parents as she followed Bona to the door.

 

At the Hospital

Eunseo was on the hospital bed waiting for the doctor. NO. She was waiting for Bona actually. “Mum! Can I use your phone?” She asked her mother since her phone was basically still at her apartment.

“Yeah sure. And why is Bona not here??” Mrs. Son asked weirdly.

“I’m calling her right now.” Eunseo said. “Where’s dad anyway?” She asked as she dialed Bona’s number.

“At the hospital’s cafe. He needs his morning coffee.” Her mother said.

Suddenly there was a girl appeared at the door panting. “Are.. you.. Eunseo..??” She asked.

“Yes.” Eunseo mumbled.

“Wow, you’re hot!” The girl said while panting.

“Hmm can we help you with anything??” Mrs. Son asked confusedly.

Eunseo then went back to the phone in front of her.

*RING *RING *RING

“Huh?” She turned to the girl.

“I’m Yeoreum by the way. Her sister.” She showed the phone. “She’s parking the car.” Yeoreum smiled.

 

Just few minutes before the surgery.

“I’ll be right here waiting for you..” Bona smiled as she kissed Eunseo on the lips. Yeoreum was watching them silently. “I want you to stay strong okay!” Bona smiled again as she brushed Eunseo’s hair.

“Thank you!” Eunseo smiled back. “I love you.” She said as she lifted her head again for Bona’s lips.

“GOD! I NEED YOU DAYOUNGG!!” Suddenly Yeoreum screamed.

Both Bona and Eunseo turned to look at Yeoreum.

“I’ll miss you.” Bona turned back to Eunseo and gave a peck on her lips again.

“DAYOUNGGG!!!” Yeoreum was whining to herself.

 

After a few hours..

“So, the surgery went well. The patella something is finally on its place back..” Mr. Son explained to Mrs. Son, Bona and Yeoreum as he just met the doctor. “But she will have trouble moving her knee for a few days.”

“Can I volunteer myself in taking care of her??” Bona suddenly snapped as she stood up from the chair.

“Huh?” Everyone looked at her.

“Yes dear. Sure.” Mrs. Son giggled.

“DAYOUNGGG!!!” Yeoreum was still with her issues.

Eunseo was still sleeping at the moment. While Mr. Kim and Yeoreum went out for McDonalds together, leaving Bona and Mrs. Son with the sleeping Eunseo.

“Hmm.. can I talk to you about something..” Bona broke the silent.

“Yess Bona..” Mrs. Son smiled.

Bona told everything about what happened earlier this morning to Mrs. Son.

“You know what.. She does have a point you know.” Mrs. Son said calmly. “All mothers want someone capable and responsible for their daughters.”

“But how can you force your daughter like that??” Bona just shook her head. “Yeah.. That is my mother..” She sighed.

“So.. Our Eunseo needs to be rich huh?” Mrs. Son laughed. Bona just lowered her head down. “Look at her. She’s poor!” Mrs. Son then went to giggle.

“I can see that she’s having some difficulties on money..” Bona said. “But I just don’t understand..”

“What?”

“Hmm I mean.. You have a nice big house..” Bona started to explain.

“She and her stupid independent thing..” Mrs. Son interrupted. “Please don’t blame us Bona.. We tried to help her..”

“Urgh.. I don’t know how to convince my mother..” Bona covered her face.

“Hmmm you just need your mother’s approval right?” Mrs. Son looked at Bona so motherly. “Ask them to come over to the house. I’ll cook dinner for them.” She smiled.

“You would do that for me?” Bona mumbled.

Mrs. Son winked. “Of course! Whoever Eunseo loves, I love.”

“Can I hug you?” Bona asked innocently.

She spread her arms. “Come here dear.”

“Thank you..” Bona said with teary eyes.

“Hmm what more can we do so that your mother will approve..” Mrs. Son started to think after they pulled off from the hug. “I can ask the driver to bring out all the cars from the garage and park it outside the house.” She smirked evilly. “Ooohh! I'm excited!!” She clapped her hands.

“Oh for the love of God. Seriously, how rich are you??”

 

Minutes later with Yeobo (or Boreum, whatever you like)

“Yeoreum.. Take my car home and tell mom and dad that we will have dinner at Eunseo’s place.” Bona handed the car key to her sister. They were still at the hospital that time.

“You’re not coming home?” Yeoreum asked as she took the car key.

“I’m helping out Eunseo and her mum.” Bona said.

“Oh. Okay then.” Yeoreum nodded her head.

“I’ll text you the house address later.” Bona waved Yeoreum.

“Byeee!” Yeoreum waved back.

 

A Half an Hour Later

Eunseo was released from the hospital. She was awake but still pretty much in dazed.

“How are you feeling?” Bona kissed her cheek.

“Huh?” She was still confused.

Bona was pushing Eunseo on the wheel chair. She just giggled seeing Eunseo’s clueless reaction.

“Am I heavy?” Eunseo mumbled cutely with Bona still pushing her.

“Nope. As light as a paper.” Both Mrs. Son and Bona smiled.

Eunseo then looked up to Bona since the girl was pushing her from behind. “Thank you for being here.”

Then Bona leaned her head down and kissed Eunseo on the lips. “Where else would I be?”

Mr. Son parked the car in front of the hospital’s entrance. They slowly put Eunseo in the car and drove their way home. “Wanna eat anything dear?” He asked from the driver’s seat as he looked at Eunseo from the rearview mirror.

“A burger..” Eunseo mumbled.

“That’s it??” Mrs. Son asked.

“I wasn’t finished..” Eunseo said. Bona was smiling all the time as she rested her one hand on Eunseo’s lap. “I want pizza too.”

“Alrighty.”

They reache

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter