It doesn't Hurt

Annoyed but Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone on the table went dead speechless the moment they heard Eunseo ordered in English. Bona couldn’t believe her eyes. And her ears.

I’m dead.

*COUGH *COUGH

“Why are you stopping? Do continue..” Eunseo said in English when everyone went silent.

“So a-as I was s-saying..” Bona resumed the discussion.

Eunseo was smiling to herself as she waited for her drink. “Oh thanks.” She said in English when the waiter handed her the water.

Bona kept on glancing at Eunseo. She couldn’t really focus on her meeting anymore. Eunseo on the other hand was still eating.

“Hmm.. So that’s all?” Bona asked one of the guys. They were discussing something related to business.

“Yup.”

“Already? But I’m still eating!” Eunseo said. She kept on talking in English.

Bona then looked at her. “I’ll wait for you.” She mumbled seriously in Korean.

“You will??” Eunseo asked back excitedly in English.

The guys were staring at them. They were actually trying to hold their laughter. “This girl is really something..” One of them whispered.

“You will Bo~naa?” Eunseo said with an aegyo.

“Okay stop it.” Bona muttered.

“Fine.”

Eunseo continued eating her food while Bona guided the guys out of the restaurant. She then waved them and turned her head to look at Eunseo from the entrance of the restaurant.

“Oh God..” She sighed. But then something came to her mind. “How can I be so stupid?!” She hit her forehead with her palm. “She reads Emily Dickinson and Shakespeare!!!” Bona remembered the books that Eunseo wanted.

She walked back into the restaurant with heavy feet. She was somehow nervous. She went back to her seat and pretended to look at a few documents in front of her.

“So..” Eunseo was still speaking in English. She was munching on her food at that time. Bona was pretending to ignore her.

“Finish your food quickly.” Bona replied seriously in English while her eyes were still in front of the papers.

Eunseo was smiling to herself as she kept on eating. “So..” She stopped eating, looking back at Bona smilingly.

“What?” Bona finally looked at her.

“You love having me around huh?” Eunseo spoke back in Korean. She was still smiling.

“I hmm I..” Eunseo swore she could see Bona was blushing. “C-can you please hurry? I have a lot of things to settle today.” Bona quickly changed the topic.

She was just too screwed.

Eunseo was giggling before she took a sip on her drink. “I’M DONEEE!!” She shouted excitedly in English.

Oh Goddd!! Bona was trying to calm herself. She called for the waiter and she signed for the bill.

“Thank you.” Eunseo smiled. She just couldn’t stop smiling.

“Stop smiling!!” Bona snapped. They were making their way back to the car.

You’re just too cute you know. Eunseo thought. “I’m not smiling.” Eunseo smiled.

Bona glared at her before she went into the driver’s seat. They were in silent for a few minutes as Bona was driving, while Eunseo kept on looking at Bona every now and then. Bona was wearing her shades since the day was a bit sunny.

“So..” Eunseo broke the silent again.

“...”

“You love having me around huh?” Eunseo was smiling widely as she stared at the older girl. Bona didn’t even look at her.

“...”

“So, you’re not speaking to me now?” Eunseo smiled. OH YEAH.. IT’S MY TURN NOW!!

Bona was trying to hide her blushes. How can I be so stupid?! She was somehow blaming herself for assuming that Eunseo couldn’t speak English. “Shut up now will you??” She slightly turned to Eunseo.

Eunseo was giggling to herself.

“Here.” Bona handed her a key. “The reason I asked you to come to the office is this.” Bona said. She was trying so hard to keep Eunseo away from the topic. “This is a spare key to the apartment.”

“Oooh thanks.”

“Hmm.”

“Can you please send me to the bookstore?”

“What bookstore?”

“Yesterdays’s bookstore.”

“Why?”

“FYI, I got there everyday!” Eunseo said in English.

“FYI, I’m sending you back home!” Bona replied back in English.

“What?? Why???” Eunseo snapped.

She wants to meet that girl. I knew it. “I’m sick of your questions.” Bona muttered coldly.

“Why are you so mean to me??” Eunseo asked. “It’s weird you know.. You’re mean and rude to me, but…” She suddenly smiled as she went back to the same topic earlier. “… you love having me around.”

“I don’t love having you around.” Bona couldn’t think of anything else to say. She was blushing madly.

“Yes you do.” Eunseo kept on teasing her.

“No I don’t.”

“Yes, you do.”

“NO I DON’T!! NOW STOP IT!!” Bona snapped.

“Aishh. You don’t really have to shout you know..” Eunseo smiled as she stared at Bona while the girl was driving. Eunseo didn’t have her seat belt on at the moment.

THIS IS A NIGHTMARE!! Bona could notice that Eunseo was still looking at her with a smile carved widely on her face.

“You love having me around..” Eunseo kept on repeating the same sentence.

ENOUGHHH!!

Then Bona made an emergency break out of nowhere. Since Eunseo was not wearing her seat belt, she accidentally dashed forward and hit her head on the front glass of the car.

“AAWWWWW!!!” Eunseo pressed her head. Her eyes were closed because of the pain. “Awww..”

“How’s your head?” Bona asked innocently as she lifted the shades to look at the girl.

“Ahhh..” Eunseo moaned in pain. She then slowly looked in front of the car to see what caused Bona to suddenly brake the car. “What the..” She saw nothing. The road was clearly clear. “WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOUU??!!!”

That's what you get for teasing me.

“Oh God.. My head is spinning..” Eunseo landed her back on the seat and put on the seat belt.

“Do you still want to go to the bookstore?” Bona asked with a straight face.

Eunseo glared at her, while rubbing on her head. “I might get dumber day by day..”

Bona then chuckled as she continued to drive her car.

“You’re not allowed to laugh to whatever I say.”

Bona smiled. “I can laugh to whatever I want.”

“Can you please drop me at my parents’ house?” Eunseo said seriously.

“Huh? Why?” Bona asked curiously.

Eunseo suddenly blurted out. “Because I’m sick of you.”

Out of nowhere, Bona did an emergency brake again.

“ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME AGAIN?!”

“I’m hmmm.. I’m..”

“What?” Eunseo crossed her arms.

“Look.. I’m sorry.” Bona mumbled.

“If you hate me so much-” Eunseo said but got interrupted by Bona.

“I don’t hate you Eunseo.”

“Then why can’t you treat me nicely??”

“...”

THINK BONA! THINK!!

*RING *RING *RING

Eunseo’s phone suddenly was ringing.

Oh thank God.. Bona was relieved. But Eunseo was still crossing her arms looking at her. “A-aren’t you going to get that?” Bona asked.

“Nope.” Eunseo said in English as she shook her head.

Oh crap.. “Look I don’t have many friends..” Bona started to explain.

“Yep, I can see why.” Eunseo said sarcastically.

“I tend to get awkward with new people..” Bona continued.

“Why would you get awkward?” Eunseo said. Surprisingly, she bought everything Bona just said. “Did I do anything that made you uncomfortable?”

“Hmm..”

“If I did, I’m sorry then.” Eunseo said. “So, are we clear?” She asked.

“Yeah.” Bona said as she turned back to her wheel.

“Oh yeah.” Eunseo said excitedly.

“But you still owe me my pants and the book.” Bona mumbled. “I can’t just easily give the book to you.”

“...”

Bona giggled as she drove her car back to her apartment. She parked her car in front of the building and waited for Eunseo to get out of the car since she needed to go back to the office.

“By the way, I’ll be home a bit late.” Bona

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter