Unexpected encounter

Iz*one's baby - Season 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a while since I have been out of the house, so I decided to take a stroll around the house. I put on a hoodie and cap as I put the facemask in my pocket. It wasn’t really needed because there aren’t anyone around but just in case. I got out of the house and locked the door after me before putting my hands in my pockets and taking in the cold fresh air. I couldn’t stop thinking about what Minju had said yesterday. It felt like she was really sorry about what had happened.

I sighed as I waited further away from the house but soon I heard some voices in the distance.

???: Girls! Don't run too far away or you will get lost!

???: Okay, unnie!

The voices sounded so familiar. I took out my facemask from my pocket and quickly wore it. What in the world were the girls doing here?! Out in the middle of nowhere?!

Wonyoung: Yena unnie! Yujin unnie! I saw a butterfly flying this way!

I quickly ducked behind a tree as Wonyoung, Yujin and Yena ran past me. I sighed in relief that they didn't see me and quickly made my way back. As soon as I got back it began to rain. I sighed in relief as I escaped the girls but I also got worried about them. What if they get caught up in the rain and get sick? What if- *knock knock*

I quickly turned around and looked at the door, as I heard someone knocking on the door. I tiptoed closer to the door and looked through the peek hole, only Wonyoung, Yujin, and Yena right in front of my door. I cursed under my breath and tried to tip-toe away when Yena began to speak.

Yena: Please let us in for a moment. It is raining with cats and dogs at the moment! We just want to shelter for a while!

I opened the door slightly so that they wouldn't see my face or have the opportunity to come inside. I made my voice a bit deeper to not be recognized.

Jahoon: I'm sorry but I can't let you in right now as the house is a mess and I don't let strangers in.

I was about to close the door when Yujin placed her foot in the gap of the door.

Yujin: Please sir. Just for a moment, we won't ask for anymore.

Jahoon: I'm sorry but the house is under renovation. You guys would have to find another house to be in.

Wonyoung: It's fine if we can just stay here at the entrance. Please, sir~ Your house is the only house around here~

Girls… Sweeties… You guys have to learn to take a no sometimes. I watched them from the crack as I saw them visibly shaking, being wet from top to bottom. In the end, the good part of me took the better of me, as I couldn't stand to see them freeze like this.

Jahoon: Fine but wait a minute.

I pushed Yujin's foot out and closed the door before running to my bedroom to put on a cap, facemask, and hoodie to cover my identity. I quickly ran back and opened the door for them to enter. As soon as they got in, I closed the door behind them and saw them looking around the house with their mouth agape.

Yujin: I'm sorry sir but didn't your say that the house was under renovation?

Yujin looked at me skeptically as it was clear that the house wasn't under renovation. I could feel the sweat roll down my forehead as I tried to come up with an excuse.

Jahoon: It's because it is another part of the house that is under renovation but I was just worried if a worker passed by with some heavy stuff and you girls would get hurt.

The girls looked between each other with a look like they didn't believe what I said but then they just shrugged and looked out of the window in hope that it would stop raining soon.

Yujin: Excuse me but can I borrow the bathroom, please?

Jahoon: Sure, it's just past that for over there.

I pointed towards where the bathroom was. Yujin nodded and began making her way towards the bathroom but due to water that was dripping from her and the slightly already slippery floor, Yujin was about to slip with her back hitting the floor. I quickly ran over to her and caught her in my arms. I looked at her face to see her closing her eyes shut, waiting for the impact.

Jahoon: Yujin! Are you okay?! Did you get hurt anywhere?! Your ankle?! Fever?!

Yujin: Jahoon unni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter