Notes

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeri's POV

 

"You okay?"
"Huh?" I looked up and saw Kai looking down at me.
"Y-yeah. Just having a very overwhelming week." I smiled at him. He sighed and took a seat right in front of me.
"You mean weeks? Months?" He chuckled.

"Right." I smiled. "I guess I'm just a bit disoriented with some things. Midterm week may be over but there's still some things I have to get done. My term paper's second draft's deadline got extended and I found new ideas to add in. Our biggest event is coming up in a few months and I still have some proposals to review and sign. Not to mention, the school events committee's been bugging me for our preliminary budget estimates in order for us to get subsidized."

"Hey, I could take over JMA for the week. Let me check the budget estimates. I'll handle the events committee. Don't bother coming to the board meeting tomorrow. I'll handle that as well. I'd rather have you rest tomorrow night than be swamped with additional work." He pat my head and smiled.
"What would I be without you, Kim Jongin?"
"Probably dead." He chuckled. "Are you close to finish with your paper?"
"Uh, yeah. I'm just citing some sources and I guess proof-reading could wait until tomorrow before I pass it."
"Great. Pack up once you're done cause I'm taking you out for dinner. Sounds good?"
"Sounds great." I smiled and continued with my paper while Kai turned to wait on his seat.

 

It took me a good twenty minutes to finish my tasks for the day. I placed my laptop in its sleeve and stacked my books together. I noticed one book wasn't mine then I remembered I borrowed Sehun's book this morning cause I left mine. I'll return it when I get home. But what if he needs it? I sighed and took out my phone then remembered I didn't have Sehun's number. Great. But maybe Kai does.

"Jongin?"
"Yep?"
"By any chance, do you have Sehun's number?" I asked him and he raised a brow.
"Yeah, I have it." He said and handed me over his phone. I copied the number and called him up.
"I haven't heard you say his name for a hot minute." Kai chuckled as he took his phone from the table. I hushed him and he laughed.

 

"Hello?"
"Hey, Sehun. It's Chaeri."
"Oh, hey. What's up?"
"I still have your book." I said "I might get home a bit late and I just wanted to ask if you need it soon?" I whispered.
"Hmm. Well, yeah but don't worry. I'm on my way back home but since you left yours at the apartment, maybe I could borrow yours first."
"Right. Sure. No problem."
"Alright. That's it?"
"Yeah. Get home safely then."
"Thanks."
"Bye."

 

"Sounds like you two are getting into good terms?" Kai teased.
"Y-yeah. I guess that's one other thing that's been disorienting."
"How is that disorienting?"
"I'll tell you over dinner." I said and he laughed.
"Such a tease. Alright. Let's go." He took my books as we headed out of the library.

 

He drove us to his favorite restaurant a good fifteen minutes from the campus. They have the best sushi rolls students could ever afford. We sat down and Kai spent no time going in circles and went straight to asking me what's up with me and Sehun nowadays. Ever since that day we decided to 'start over', I guess I was shocked on how to take it in. I mean, like I said, the goal was to be his friend but I guess I didn't expect it to happen that fast nor expect that he would initiate the idea of being friends. Maybe I was used to the idea of him hating my guts for existing because without me, he'd probably still have his freedom to choose what to do with his life. We can't really eliminate the fact that we have over a year to get used to each other and go through with what was arranged. But I guess it makes things more bearable that we agreed on putting it at the back of our heads for now and focus on things we focused on way before this arrangement was put into action. I don't think that's the reason why things are so disorienting. I'm still trying to get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter