Summer Secrets

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun's POV

Today is the kick-off event for the month-long summer celebration of SNU. I got up early to get my things ready for today’s main event. I packed in my outfits for later’s Summer Arts and Dance Festival that the dance team puts up every year. It’s one of the three of the university’s major summer events. The whole festival basically starts with the launching of the brand new gallery content from the College of Fine Arts with performances from the school’s orchestra then the culminating Dance Concert late in the afternoon. In the next coming weeks, it will be followed by the next two major events which would be the Mid-Summer Night Bash which is hosted annually by JMA and the other would be the End of Summer Beach Party by the student council. Being the first of the three, the Arts and Dance Festival really sets the bar for what’s to come for the rest of the summer. I grabbed my bag containing my clothes and headed downstairs. The whole dance team is meeting early to do some final rehearsals prior to getting ready for the night. I came down the stairs and saw Chaeri in the living room, playing some Animal Crossing. I could hear the sound of finding items as I passed by. Apparently, Kai got her the console and the game as a random present which is none of my business. At least she’s having fun during her idle time.

 

"Hey, you're leaving already?" She sat up to look at me.
"Yeah. We have finishing rehearsals.” I gave her a nod.
"Okay, break a leg later." She smiled.
"Will you be watching?" I asked, hopeful that she would.
"Yeah. Wouldn't miss it!” She smiled.
"Alright. See you later then." I told her and headed out the apartment.

 

I hopped into my car and drove to campus, heading to the concert hall. Most of the team members were already there, doing their markings and some stretching. Hoseok waved at me to hurry up since we’re blocking our segment next. He told me to place my things inside the designated dressing room, do some stretches, then be ready to be called in for rehearsal. I got inside the assigned dressing room, forgetting that two of the nine other people I’m sharing the dressing room is would be Kang Daniel and Kim Jongin.

 

“Hey, Sehun!” Daniel called me over and I hesitated for a moment before coming over.
“Hey, man.” I said, placing my things on the table next to him. I sat down and started unpacking since most of them already did so. I carefully arranged my things while unintentionally managing to overhear their conversation.

“Don’t you find it weird that people in campus are gossiping about you asking Chaeri as your date for JMA’s party?” Kai asked.
“No? I mean, you know the tradition. We always go together during senior year. Why?” Daniel shrugged.
“What if the flames re-ignite?” Kai teased, laughing. “You two did date for a bit years back. Word will spread fast if people knew.” Wait, what?

“Sehun, Kai, Daniel. Two minutes? Be on stage.” Hoseok peeked inside the dressing room. We all nodded and started getting ready. I decided to walk a bit more ahead of them to not look like I was really listening.

“You know that was a long time ago, Jongin.” Daniel laughed. “How about you, huh? You and Chaeri’s been on the gossip radar for quite a while? What if people knew the truth?”
“That’s our secret to keep.” Kai laughed.

 

This is so confusing. Why am I suddenly being given this much information? What secret?

 

We all got to the stage and started rehearsals. I don’t know why but I feel kind of annoyed. Today’s a really big day and I can’t mess up. Right after rehearsals and before we started getting dressed and made up for the night, I decided to go get some fresh air. The outside of the concert hall was already packed with people. I sat outside at a nearby bench.

“Sehun!” I looked up and saw Wendy calling for me. She had the usual bunch with her.
“We’re so excited to watch you guys!” Joy clapped.
“The hyungs are arriving in a bit! We’re all here to support you.” Kyungsoo smiled.
“We’ll be cheering for you, okay?” Irene said with a smile.

“Thanks guys. This means a lot.” I smiled back.
“Well! We have to start lining up so we can get good seats.” Wendy said.
“Right! We’ll see you later, Sehun! Break a leg.” Kyungsoo said before walking away with the two girls, leaving Irene with me.

“You’re not going with them?” I asked her.
“I’ll follow. I just wanted to personally cheer you before the start of the program.” She smiled.
“Oh. Heh. Thanks, Irene.” I smiled back.
“How about a good luck hug for the road?” She offered and I nodded before we exchanged a brief hug.
“Do amazing out there. Break a leg!” She said, waving goodbye before following the others to the front.

And in that short moment, I already almost forgot why I was annoyed.

 

I came back inside and went backstage to join the huddle. It didn’t take long for the program to finally start. All our hard work and effort for months crammed into a two-hour long event. It didn’t really occur to me that we were on the last set for the evening until I noticed that I’m on my last costume for the night. And with ten minutes that felt like forever, the program came to an end with everyone celebrating the success of the program. We all sat down on the stage after everyone else had left the venue to mingle outside and wait for their friends who performed to follow them for, what I assume since we’re also doing the same, a celebration after a successful night. Hoseok sat in the middle as we sat in a big circle around him.

 

“I’m beyond words with what we achieved today. As usual, we were a full house tonight and everything went in the best possible direction. I’m really thankful for everyone for contributing to tonight’s success and for another year that the dance team’s prestige kicked off the Summer festival in the most amazing way to celebrate talent SNU can be proud of. I would make this speech longer but this isn’t our Year End concert. We still have a lot to go through as a team and I’m thankful to spend the rest of my senior year being your President and Captain. Thank you everyone!” Hoseok ended his impromptu speech as everyone clapped. We all hugged each other, giving each other a pat on the back for such an amazing performance.

 

After that, we all headed back to our dressing rooms to start packing. Most of us have plans for the evening since the actual after party for the dance team wouldn’t be held until a few days later. I sat down next to Daniel as we both started chatting.

“I didn’t know you and Chaeri were an item before. So she was the one you told me about last time?” I said, not containing my curiosity.
“Oh. You heard that? Yeah.” Daniel chuckled.
“You two were talking loudly besid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter