Pen & Chaos

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun's POV

It's our finals in a few weeks and I couldn't help but get nervous. I know I shouldn't because my midterm grades pulled my grades up by a lot and I am really close to securing that Laude status. All thanks to Chaeri. I just finished working on the last draft of my term paper so I guess I'll be heading home. It's a Friday and Fridays mean that Chaeri's going to be cooking up something for dinner for the both of us. I wonder what she has for tonight. I hope it's spaghetti. I arrived at our apartment and saw Chaeri upside down on the sofa. I set my keys on the table before approaching her. I peeked at her and her hands were covering her face.

 

"Chaeri?"
"My life is a mess." She whined.
"What happened to you?" I asked her.
"My world is in chaos. I can't do this anymore." She told me.
"Did you start on dinner yet?" I asked her and she shook her head. I looked at the clock and it was still pretty early for dinner so it was okay.
"I couldn't. Everything today was hit by a tornado." She whined, kicking her legs in the air. What is wrong with this girl...
"Stop being weird and tell me what happened." I told her. She removed her hands from her face and stretched them out to me.
"What?" I raised a brow.
"Help?" She awkwardly grinned. I rolled my eyes and took her hands to help her up from her pitiful position. I sat beside her as she continued to mope.
"So, tell me why the world plunged into chaos today?" I asked her.
"I LOST MY PEN!" She cried as she crashed on the sofa. Again.
"That's it? You lost your pen?" I asked and she nodded. I don't have time for this. I sighed and stood up. I guess I'll make dinner tonight then.

 

"I have to buy a new one!" She exclaimed as she sat up.

"It's just a pen, Chaeri. I have a couple extras lying around that I can give you.” I said from the kitchen.
"It's not just any pen! No pen can fill its void. It's a MUJI pen! I had three colors and now one is lost and my notes feel incomplete!" She whined. Oh my god. This girl has so many shallow problems!
"How do you make spaghetti..." I looked at our pantry and saw some pasta and tomato sauce in jars so I just took them out.
"Sehun, I'm going out to buy my pen!" She said as she looked for her shoes.
"Where are you buying?" I asked her.
"MUJI!" She beamed. The closest store from here is in the mall which is a ten-minute drive. I don't know how to cook spaghetti and if she's going out, I have to wait. URGH.
"How are you going there?" I asked her and she stopped putting on her shoes.
"I'll walk? Take the bus? I’m sure it’s not hard.” She awkwardly smiled. She's going to get lost. I guarantee.
"If I drive you, will you cook me spaghetti?" I asked.
"YOU WILL!?" She grinned widely.
"Spaghetti." I told her and she ran to me, pulling me by my hand towards the door. She took the keys from the table and placed them in my hand.
"I'll cook you ten plates if you take me! Please! I need order to be brought back into my life!" She told me and pushed me towards and out the door.

"Come on." I sighed and she jumped, following me to the elevator.

 

I took her to the mall so she could buy her pen. I didn't want to park so I just put my car on hazard in front of the retail strip while I waited for her to run inside the mall and get her pen. In less than ten minutes, she was back in the car, panting. She gave me a wide smile as she showed me the pen that she bought. It was just a regular pen. A regular purple pen. OH MY GOD. I cringed on the inside and started driving back home. Once home, she happily skipped inside and went straight to the kitchen.

"Thank you, Sehun!" She said as she started preparing dinner for us.

 

I sat on the sofa, waiting for dinner as Chaeri was preparing dinner. I saw her notebook on the table and two of her pens, a black one and a teal one, on top of it. I took the notebook in my hands and looked at her notes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter