Curious

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun's POV

 

Tonight I’m heading out to meet with Wendy to finish our pair project that’s due tonight. We’re a few pages away since we have not discussed one other topic yet. We figured it would be easier to do it in person together. I went downstairs with my bag, ready to head out again to meet with Wendy at the nearby cafe.

“I’m off.” I said as I passed Chaeri.

 

“Sehun! Wait.” She called out.
“Yep?”
“I’ll be out for the weekend. I'm leaving early tomorrow. Just so you're informed." She said.
"Oh, why?" I asked as I looked for my keys.
"We're doing something for JMA for the Mid Summer's party."
"Okay. You're going with Kai?" I asked, remembering that Kai's also in JMA.
"No." She shook her head. "I'll be with Ten." She smiled. Ten?
"Ten? Ten people?" I asked and she laughed.
"No, silly. Ten's the name of the person."
“Oh. Okay.” I said and waved goodbye.

 

I met with Wendy at the cafe and we immediately started on our pair project. We didn’t want to stay out long since I’ve been really tired this week. This is the last requirement for the week and I couldn’t wait to just get it over with. We were working on our parts silently, until something I’ve been wanting to ask just came out.

"Hey, do you know any Ten's in our school?"
"Ten? Like who’s a ten out of ten?” Wendy laughed.
"No. I meant person. A person that’s named Ten.” I told her.
"Oh! Yes! Ten! So hot." She giggled.
"Hot?"
"Sehun, where have you been! He's that boy from Thailand! He's like one of the models for our school's merchandise. I mean, why not? He's cute and hot at the same time. From what I know, he's active very much in JMA. I think he's next in line after Kai. I didn't know such position has a hotness criteria. But oh well. It just that he's a year lower than us. So chances of us having the same classes are at zero."

"Okay?" I said and she sighed.
"I don't think you get it. He's one of the guys the Exchange Council had for the launch party promo videos. I'll link it to you. JMA's having him and Chaeri for their Mid-Summer Night's Party promos. I bet it's going to be a hot promo considering JMA's going for the theme 'Uncensored'. How hot would that be though. I mean, Chaeri's super gorj plus Ten? They would make gorgeous ba--"
"Okay. I get it. Where did you get all this?" I cut her off and she laughed.

"No need to be defensive." She chuckled. "My study group friend is promotions head for the event. I helped him choose the guy. It was a choice between Kai and Ten but then Kai is already used for the Arts Festival, right? I mean, you should know, you're in it too."
"Ah, yeah." I said. "Wait, I'll just open the thing you sent." I told her. I opened the link and watched the short video. Eh?
"I don't get it." I told her.
"You don't have to. He has the face of a baby but the charisma of a stripper. That pretty much says everything already." She laughed. Ugh.
"Are we just going to talk all night about Ten or are we finishing this thing?” She said.
"Oh, right! Fine, let's get this over with.”

 

I shouldn't be this curious.

 

The next morning, despite being so tired, I found myself awake so early. My curiosity bothered me so much that I couldn’t get much sleep and just decided to, I don’t know, feed it I guess. I went out of my room and downstairs, kinda hoping she had not left yet.

"What are you doing up so early?" Chaeri asked as she came out of the kitchen.
"Uhm." Think of something! "I ran out of shaving cream so I'll be buying across the street." I said.
"At seven in the morning?" She asked.
"I have to meet up with my friends at eight." I lied.
"So, is Ten picking you up?" I asked her and she nodded.
"He's waiting downstairs. I told him to park across since I might take a while going down." She said.
"Oh, alright. I'll go with you downstairs." I said. "I mean, since we're both heading out anyway." I told her and she nodded.

 

We both headed to the elevator and there was a small moment of silence. She looked at her phone and, I assumed, scrolling through social media.

"What time will you be back?" I asked her.
"Tomorrow lunch time. I’m staying with mom tonight after the shoot.” She said and I nodded.

The elevator arrived at the lobby and she went out first and I followed behind. If I am correct, the guy that just stood up should be Ten. He's tall. But I'm taller. One point for Sehun.
"Hey, I'm sorry! El

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter