The First Day of (I Hope Not) Forever?

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeri's POV

"Herry berry cherry Chaeri, what's up?"
"Are you done with practice?"
"Uhh, I have no practice today. It's rookies week. Why? Wait. We're still up for later after school, right?"
"Yeah! But I need to tell you something. I don't think I could keep it in until after school."
"It's ten minutes before I end the day. I just have to submit things to the athletics office. You can wait ten minutes, girl." Jungmi laughed.
"Fine. I'll see you at the drop off." I sighed and she laughed.

I ended the phone call and headed out to where we're supposed to meet. I stood at the usual spot I stand on while waiting to be picked up. I heard a familiar voice approaching and guess who I saw. Mr. Uptight. I gave him a small smile to acknowledge his presence but all he did was raise his brow at me.

 

"Dude, Chaeri just smiled at you." The guy he was with nudged him and all he did was chuckle and roll his eyes. Wow. So full of himself. Uptight and snooty. Really snooty. I was trying to be nice.
"Berry!" I turned around and saw Jungmi waving at me. Finally! And just in time! Mr. Choi just pulled up in front of me.
"Let's go?" She asked and I nodded. Both of us got in my car and I told Mr. Choi to drop us off at the mall.

 

"So, what's this thing that you can't wait to tell me?" She asked.
"You like cliche stuff, right?" I asked and she nodded.
"Imagine this. Two powerful families, two heirs, an age-old promise. What's the first thing that pop's into your mind?"
"A marriage that is waiting to happen." She answered in an instant.
"Guess what trouble I got into over the weekend." I said and she started squealing.
"IT'S HAPPENING!!!" She yelled at the top of her lungs.
"Story time! What's the buzz?" She asked.

 

"So you already know this promise my dad made way back, right?" I asked and she nodded.
"I told you that I'm arranged to be married to the heir of this super big company, right?"
"Yeah! And since you're the only daughter of Kwon Enterprises, you have no escape in this but then because of certain circumstances, the promise was transferred to you and you have your say in all of it! So, all that's left is the other half of the promise, the son of whatever rich family." She said.
"Right! I never really told you who the other half was and I guess, with everything that's happening right now, I have to tell you or else I'd go insane." I said.
"What happened?" She asked.
"I got to meet the family and the guy for the first time last week. Both of us were 'notified' about the impending agreement that we have to abide to. He wasn't really happy about it and threw a fit which was kind of awkward yet entertaining. Then to make him even more angry, our parents decided to put us under one roof. I moved in yesterday." I told her and she was doing this weirdly happy smiley face at me.

"Okay, let me just list down again who my prospects are. Don't tell me who it is. Let me guess!" She said.
"Alright." I laughed.
"I actually only have hot people or relatively good-looking people or people that look rich on my list. So, does he fall in either three?" She asked and I nodded.
"Is it President Park Jimi--Ahh, no. His family loves his girlfriend too much to let her go. Such a perfect couple. Errr.. Is it Im Jaebum?" She asked and I shook my head.
"Park Jinyoung?" Nope.
"Lee Taeyong?" No.. But I lowkey wish.
"Kim Jongi--No, that's ehh. Yikes."
"Kang Daniel?"
"If it was Daniel, do you think he would throw a fit?" I asked her and she shook her head.
"Kang Seungyoon?" Newp.
"Cutie pie, Nam Taehyun?"
"SONG MI--No. I don't think so." She sighed.
"Everyone you mentioned, not even close." I laughed.
"Okay, give me a clue. Maybe the name of the company would help." She said.

 

"It's Oh Consolidated." I told her.
"You've met the son of Oh Consolidated? I thought he was a myth!"
"Well, he's real." I laughed.
"The only Oh I know is Oh Sehun but he doesn't give m--IS IT OH SEHUN!?" Yep. I nodded.
"Why didn't I think of him?? Maybe because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter