Our Home

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeri's POV

"So, Yuta asked me out yesterday." Jungmi trailed, making me choke on my sandwich.
"Really? H-how!?"
"Well, after I got fed up and ran out of patience tolerating him, I decided to just ignore the export and it did kinda work. I mean, less stress for me, more energy I save. Then he started being kind and just asked me out right after practice."
"I told you he liked you." I chuckled.
"Geez. That's not helping! I kinda walked out on him without giving an answer and I feel bad." She pouted.
"Am I hearing this right? Does Choi Jungmi have a soft spot for Mr. Export now?" I teased.
"Shut up..." She snorted, making me laugh.
"Okay, I'll stop. So what do you plan to do now that he probably thinks you kinda rejected him?"
"I don't know!? That's why I'm asking you!"

"Question is, do you wanna go out with him?" I asked and she just shrugged, pouting at me.
"Jungmi, that's not helping!" I laughed then she just gave me small nods.
"Then just tell him. I mean apologize then tell him 'okay'."
"I can't..." She sighed.
"What? Why not?"
"Cause I'm kind of shy..." She said, making me laugh out loud.

"Seriously!? Please? Can you just, you know, tell him? I don't think there's any other way around it if you want to go out with him anyway. Nothing's gonna happen if you're not going to do anything about it. I mean, you could mope all you want but the more you waste time wallowing over a tiny fear, the chances of him moving on grows greater. If you want to give it a shot with him, do it now or forever hold your piece."

"Oh wow." She looked at me, speechless.
"Sorry. Just, you know, you can do it." I told her as I resumed eating my sandwich.

 

I dropped Jungmi home right after our hang out. I sat inside my car and took a nap on the rest of the ride home. This week was beyond exhausting. Surviving midterms is just an inch of the race. I still have a few weeks until finals and the rest of the year before graduation. It didn’t take long until I got home. The moment I got back to the apartment, all I could think of was continuing my nap from earlier. I dragged myself up the stairs, hearing Sehun watching TV from his room as I passed by. I dumped my books and bag on my bed and made a run for the bathroom to pee and get washed up before crashing. I’m glad that tomorrow’s the weekend.

 

“Oh, yeah.” I promised myself to clean downstairs tomorrow out of wanting to satisfy my want to arrange things.
“Oh well.” I know we have housekeeping but they can only do so much. Besides, cleaning helps me relax.

 

I got out of the bathroom, drying my hair in the process. I sat on my bed and gathered my school things when I saw some small papers fall out of my books. I should probably stop sticking scraps of papers inside my books. I took them out and went through them to see if they’re worth anything. I threw away almost everything then I saw this drawing I made during philosophy class. I laughed to myself how accurate I am in self-portraits. I took it with me and stuck it on my board when I noticed something scribbled at the bottom which I am pretty sure isn’t my writing.

 

‘cute :) don’t stress too much, alright?’

 

“Odd.” No idea how it got there but I guess it’s kind of sweet.

 

I shrugged it off and went straight to bed. I don’t really care if my hair is wet, I just wanna get some rest as soon as possible. In no time, I drifted to sleep then woke up early the next day to the sound of my alarm. I groaned and lazily lifted my body to sit up and looked out the window. I smiled seeing the weather looking so nice today. I stretched on my bed and got myself out and about to make some breakfast downstairs. Downstai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter