Worries

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeri's POV

 

"Do I really have to be here this early?" Kai yawned.
"I'm scared." I told him.
"Why? Because your soon-to-be-hubby might murder you for last night?" He joked.
"Not funny."

 

I told Kai everything that happened last night. He knows about this whole arranged marriage thing. Well, he knew right from the beginning. We have been best friends since forever. I tell him everything that I have to; even all of my secrets and my problems. We share basically almost everything with each other. He's the guy that I can trust the most. He's the guy I could run to no matter the circumstance. We've been very close ever since we were kids. His family own's the two largest subsidiaries of our company which allowed us to grow up almost right beside each other. He's actually just neutral about everything because whatever the outcome, he'd still inherit those two plus an addition of their own family's business. Lucky guy. I am crying on the inside. Sehun sits behind me in one of my classes for today. He's actually part of all my classes today. Why did it have to be today?

 

"Why didn't you say anything? I mean, you have the 'influential say' in this since you're technically the 'holder' of this age-old promise uncle made." He told me.
"I'm doing it for mom." I told him and he smiled.
"If things get rough, use that power of yours." He told me.
"I have a question though." He started.
"What?"

"If, in some random and wild situation a past fling, like Mr. Perfect let’s say, decides 'Oh, hey, I think we should get together. Legit this time. What would you do? You're 'engaged'." He asked me.
“Huh? Mr. Perfect?” I asked. He started flexing in front of me and walked weirdly. Ohh.
"Daniel? He wasn't a fling!" I told him.
“He wasn’t your boyfriend either. But he was your first kiss. Senior prom date, your Prom King, and 'best friend' next to me. You did say once that he was attractive." He told me.

“Sheesh. Daniel's one of my closest friends. You know that. And that kiss was this stupid bet we had that if we haven't had our first kiss by prom, we'd just kiss each other or something.” I told him. Besides, Daniel and I are still pretty close. We were never awkward after that.
“We were just dumb kids back then.” I said.
“Fine. But what about this guy you used to have huge a crush on? What if he likes you back and asks you out?”
“Pfft. Henry Lau would never. He doesn’t even know I exist. Besides, you should know me well, Kim Jongin. I don't have time getting a boyfriend because..."
“’Being in a relationship would prevent me from keeping my dad's promise'.” He mocked me.
"Exactly! But I don’t sound like that.” I told him and he laughed.

 

Well, honestly, getting a boyfriend is on my list of things to do before I graduate college but then I remember that I'm 'already for someone' even though I don't know the guy. Besides, as if Henry Lau could ever be my boyfriend. Anyway, now that I do know who I’m supposed to marry, I am pushing boyfriend and Henry Lau out of my list. For now. It's just not on my priorities right now. I have focus on things that will help me become a better me like academics and extra co-curricular activities. Apart from this whole crazy situation, I’ve been greatly focused on excelling on my own. At the moment, I am in the running for graduating as laude and I am the current President of our organization with Kai is my Executive VP. That explains the meeting I had to walk out on yesterday.

 

“Bet if Henry Lau got down on his knees, you’d say yes in a heartbeat.” He said.
“Shut up!” Hehe maybe.

 

The bell rung and that signaled the start of our classes. Kai and I had different classes for this morning so I am left to deal with my first period with Sehun. Survive today and you will be able to move in on Sunday. Sunday. Can I just not? I got to my classroom and went to my seat. I am glad Sehun sits on the other side of the room so I don't have to talk to him at all. They day went by okay. I mean, nothing bad happened today. My last period arrived and this was the class that Sehun sat behind me. I wish I could switch seats but the professor made this seatplan for us. I just need to get by an hour of this and I can run back home and get away. The class started and Sehun sat quietly behind me, like always. The whole period, actually, he sat quietly and listened to the lecture. The bell rung and I already finished packing my stuff so I could h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter