Do Kyungsoo Doesn't Knowsoo

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun’s POV

Okay, I didn’t think it through. I agreed to Do Kyungsoo coming over, entirely forgetting that Chaeri and I live together and he doesn’t know about it. As much as I would want to keep my best friend out from the dark, I can’t afford him ‘accidentally’ telling somebody else considering that we still go to the same school together and share the same friends, word will spread quick if anyone finds out. My hyung also has the Tom Holland syndrome which means he is bound to tell somebody, one way or another, that can’t keep their mouth shut. I can’t tell him now that ‘oh you can’t come over’ because he’ll just be suspicious and probe and still want to come over anyway. Ugh.

 

I have to be smart about this.

 

I got up from bed early today and went downstairs. I started looking around, trying to spot any evidence that can give away that I’m living with someone. Chaeri usually brings all of her things with her upstairs whenever she gets back save for shoes and coats that we both leave near the entrance foyer of the apartment. I went to the foyer and checked the coat and shoe cabinets that we have. We have separate cabinets each but I can’t risk Kyungsoo opening the wrong cubby and seeing female shoes. Maybe I can lock it? But there’s no way to lock these. I looked around and saw a big planter. Yes. Maybe. Yes! I’ll put the plant to block Chaeri’s cubbies. Smart. I dragged the planter with a bit of effort to block the cubbies. Then I made my way upstairs, going towards Chaeri’s room. I hope she’s awake.

 

I knocked a few times, waiting for her to answer. It didn’t take a while until she answered the door.

“Morning.” Chaeri greeted with a sleepy face, yawning in the process.
“Do you have plans today?” I asked her and she just yawned again.
“Uh. No? I don’t know?” She said.
“Hmm. Can you call a friend?” I asked her and she just looked at me, confused.
“I—Okay. I might have agreed to my friend coming over and he doesn’t know about all of this. He’s coming over this afternoon and, if it’s okay, can you spend today outside?” I asked.
"Ohh. Okay. I can call a friend. What time’s your friend coming over?” She asked me.
“Wait.”

I ran to my room to check my phone for any messages from Kyungsoo and there was one.

‘I’m bringing lunch! I’ll be there in an hour!’

.

 

I ran back to Chaeri who left her room’s door open. She was back inside, lying down on her bed. I stood at the entryway and knocked again.

“You can come in.” She said, still lying down.

I hesitantly walked inside her room, going straight to the chair beside the TV. Come to think of it, this is the first time I’ve been ever inside her room. We usually keep to ourselves when it comes to our rooms and usually just spend common time in the living room or the dining room. I sat down while she was tapping and scrolling away on her phone.

"My friend’s coming over in an hour.” I told her and she looked at me.
"Jungmi’s in practice. Jongin is also in practice.” She mumbled.
“Are Jungmi and Kai your only options to hang out with?” I chuckled.
“Don’t be judgy. They’re the only ones I know who can ha—“

Before she could finish her sentence, her phone rang. I kept quiet as she answered her call.

 

“Eopichi! How’d you know? Did Jongin tell you? Heh. Actually, I need really do need to get out of the house. Jongin’s busy. I do have some prezzies for you! Yep! Okay hehe do you want me to meet you or? Oh. I’m not living with my mom now I’m actually staying somewhat nearer school. I’ll text you the address? Alright. I see you in a bit, eopichi!”

 

Eopichi? The cartoon?

“Problem solved!” She grinned towards her phone, probably texting the peach person where she will be picked up.
“What’s an eopichi?” I asked her.
“You know Kang Daniel? He’s also part of the dance team.” She smiled.
“Yeah. We’re kind of close.” I told her.
“Well, he’s eopichi and the answer to our current dilemma.” She smiled.
“Wait. Does he know? About this? And why eopichi?” I asked her.
“He does. But he doesn’t know that it’s you on the other end of the promise. He just knows the situation from way before. We’ve actually been really good friends ever since high school.” She said.
"Oh. But why eopichi?" I asked.
"He looks like the cartoon hehe" She chuckled.
“Oh.” Is she the girl Daniel was talking about before?
“Now, if you want me out of the house quick let me go get ready.” She said as she started to shoo me out of her room.

 

I’d pry more into their relationship as curiosity already started creeping in but I just don’t have the time. I went downstairs and lied down on the sofa, waiting for any updates from Kyungsoo if he’s near or what. Half an hour passed and I heard Chaeri coming down the stairs right at the same time my phone pinged a notification. It was from Do Kyungsoo. I opened the message and sat up.

‘I’ll be there in 10! I have burritos, nachos, and chicken!’
‘Ok 👌’

 

“I’m leaving!” Chaeri called out as she passed behind me, heading to the door.
“Alright. Be safe.” I said.
“Sehun!” I heard her call out, making me walk towards her direction?
“Why’d you block my shoes?” She asked, pulling the big planter from her cabinet. I wasn’t able to answer quickly since all I could see was how pretty she looked today. She was wearing a simple white blouse and a skirt. But the way she tied her hair up and did her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter